Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I haven't posted these for a while now because I wasn't sure if anyone was getting any value from the information.. but will start again in case someone is..

my levels to watch today... based on current ranges

5547 / 5540
5500 - previous high
5443/50 top of yesterdays value area
5352 / 59 bottom yesterdays value area
5337.5 - yesterdays low
5276 / 84 -- possible lows for the day...

please treat them with care.. they are based on statistical averages ...

Hey DJ, i know the difference is not much now but are these cash or Futures, as you mentioned using a SB for swing trading a while back?

Hey DJ, i know the difference is not much now but are these cash or Futures, as you mentioned using a SB for swing trading a while back?

Scrap that, answered my own question by looking at the charts. Being Lazy.

Appreciate the value areas(y)

Scrap that, answered my own question by looking at the charts. Being Lazy.

Appreciate the value areas(y)

No problem Reska.. I always quote futures prices..

now the fact we have spent a good time trading this morning in the lower part of the value area indicates we have an 80% chance they will go further up near the Value area highs... however.. this rule has a two day time span.. so if it doesnt happen today then look out for this area on Monday.

No problem Reska.. I always quote futures prices..

now the fact we have spent a good time trading this morning in the lower part of the value area indicates we have an 80% chance they will go further up near the Value area highs... however.. this rule has a two day time span.. so if it doesnt happen today then look out for this area on Monday.

That's a high percentage. I expect it to go up, but what technique are you using to state a percentage chance?

well no overnight bonus

key is to watch DOW price getting back to 860 for a re short

Question for the Taylor Technique experts.

What is today meant to be in the current daily pattern?

a buy day for FTSE a sell day for DOW

last half hour yesterday and early price action on FTSE suggest it will produce a sell which means we trade a range buying around yesterdays low and selling just shy of yesterdays close it does not have to close the gap at this point within 10 points will do

the DOW is expected to fall fast within 1st hour (200+ points)then pull back most of day and fall into close

I haven't posted these for a while now because I wasn't sure if anyone was getting any value from the information.. but will start again in case someone is..

my levels to watch today... based on current ranges

5547 / 5540
5500 - previous high
5443/50 top of yesterdays value area
5352 / 59 bottom yesterdays value area
5337.5 - yesterdays low
5276 / 84 -- possible lows for the day...

please treat them with care.. they are based on statistical averages ...

John

Thanks for posting the levels. I find them useful.

Where did you get your 5385 level from? I had 86.5 as a weak level but nothing as clear as yours.

And your possible lows for the day are from subtracting some kind of range from yesterdays pm high?

We've got FTSE options expiring today at 10:20am, so this may just defy gravity until then. We still have a very nice channel on the 1 hr chart, which is being tested at the upper level. I think for now we drift sideways out of the channel.

For scalping it is a morning of quick hits and small targets. I am banking 5pts when its there.

John

Thanks for posting the levels. I find them useful.

Where did you get your 5385 level from? I had 86.5 as a weak level but nothing as clear as yours.

And your possible lows for the day are from subtracting some kind of range from yesterdays pm high?

We've got FTSE options expiring today at 10:20am, so this may just defy gravity until then. We still have a very nice channel on the 1 hr chart, which is being tested at the upper level. I think for now we drift sideways out of the channel.

For scalping it is a morning of quick hits and small targets. I am banking 5pts when its there.

Martin

prices are based on calculations from taylor book method .. that one is based on
average declines from the SS day high

Fair enough DJ. But it does help if people understand the logic.

understand Reska.. but it is hard to explain the logic , other than human nature and the fact the market is a huge auction machine... value areas are tested all the time.. if the market breaks out of a range , then pushes back into it.. it is usually a sign that they have unfinished business in the range. It is the cyclical nature of the beast and vlaue areas are a good way of looking for signposts as to "where does price want to go"

a buy day for FTSE a sell day for DOW

last half hour yesterday and early price action on FTSE suggest it will produce a sell which means we trade a range buying around yesterdays low and selling just shy of yesterdays close it does not have to close the gap at this point within 10 points will do

the DOW is expected to fall fast within 1st hour (200+ points)then pull back most of day and fall into close

DC,

Methinks you are talking FTSE cash prices here. So you are saying buy yesterday's cash low at 12:05pm which was 5364 cash (5359.5 Futures). The FTSE Futures low of the day was at 5:40pm at 5337.5, which is not the level you are suggesting we buy at.

And for selling just shy of yesterdays close, you are referring to the cash close at 4:30pm, where it closed at 5423. The futures closed at 9pm at 5352, which is not the number you are suggesting we sell at.

I am just making sure we are talking the same time frames.

Your suggestion we buy around 5364 cash/5359.5 futures worked well this morning as it pulled back to within a point and then went up.

Currently FTSE cash is about 5 pts higher than FTSE Futures.

Martin

prices are based on calculations from taylor book method .. that one is based on
average declines from the SS day high

Just for clarity J, the lows for the day are calculated form subtracting the average decline from the SS day high? And the 5385 came from?

We've got a big volume spike coming at 10:15am, which I am guessing will coincide with a spike in price and possible long slow drift down. Will only trade what I see, but this is what I think might happen as a result of options expiry.

DC,

Methinks you are talking FTSE cash prices here. So you are saying buy yesterday's cash low at 12:05pm which was 5364 cash (5359.5 Futures). The FTSE Futures low of the day was at 5:40pm at 5337.5, which is not the level you are suggesting we buy at.

And for selling just shy of yesterdays close, you are referring to the cash close at 4:30pm, where it closed at 5423. The futures closed at 9pm at 5352, which is not the number you are suggesting we sell at.

I am just making sure we are talking the same time frames.

Your suggestion we buy around 5364 cash/5359.5 futures worked well this morning as it pulled back to within a point and then went up.

Currently FTSE cash is about 5 pts higher than FTSE Futures.

Hi Martin
yes Im refering to in hours cash prices and cash close

Does anybody think that the options expiry had nothing to do with the move up this morning?:whistling

We've got a big volume spike coming at 10:15am, which I am guessing will coincide with a spike in price and possible long slow drift down. Will only trade what I see, but this is what I think might happen as a result of options expiry.

Spot on:clap:

But read this after :(