Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Mr Topstep opening print.
"...the only buying we are seeing is the short sellers covering. There is no new buying..."
1. Exactly how short can people be? (no Warwick Davis jokes please).
2. What happens when the short covering is exhausted?

Mr Topstep opening print.
"...the only buying we are seeing is the short sellers covering. There is no new buying..."
1. Exactly how short can people be? (no Warwick Davis jokes please).
2. What happens when the short covering is exhausted?

they must have been following ralph acamporas dow 12,000 call I hope people on this thread were not short

the american dream will live if we can get thru that rtesistance
prev supp=res
aapl daily

Attachments

• ScreenShot086.gif
    ScreenShot086.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 105
dow 15500 is on the cards but it needs to correct if it can be bothered ...mind you a new high on the ftse would keep my little bull pals happy:)

s&p slicing res

I caught the move up to 15,272 but I'm out now. Just waiting to see how high they can force it up. :rolleyes:

volumes so low the action in generating business is to go against the shorts

the sp500sept range was only 5 its got plenty of upside think it did 14 yesterday

that translates into 40 dow pts, seems too much, who knows, best so far is +110 for dow

volumes so low the action in generating business is to go against the shorts

I get that.
The object of market makers is to move the price around until someone buys or sells. But so many people take the level of the Dow as an indicator of a healthy (or not) economy, yet its just being pushed around for a few people to make money in commission. :confused:

plus today is 9/11 anniversary

All bullish out there

I got long before the open in the Dow and still holding
Waiting for the proper spike up in the Dax, probably around 8510-15 , to hedge it.
My opinion the Dow has more legs to go than the Dax at these levels.

Dave: That makes sense. Its how the market feeds and supports itself .

Victor niederhoffer : I wrote about this extensively in my first book, Education of a Speculator. The dead weight costs of the market are tremendous. In terms of ecology, theres a huge loss of energy in the market. This loss of energy, in market terms, is commissions, communication costs, salaries, fancy offices, etc.. These things need to be paid for the market to continue. The public pays these costs, the same way the sun provides the energy for the earth .