Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

WOW

High markets equities, US dollar and interest rates, not the norm.

Reading the FED meeting.
I don't think the fed will taper this year and it's very possible they could increase bond/stock purchase's into year end.
FED is worried because there is no inflation and if the money is taken away it could equal disinflation.
So with good corporate, economic data and cheap money it's onwards and upwards
Next asset bubble still in play.

Last edited:
monring bustech and Dick Lexic

aus market is surging.

I watched biderman this morning. excellent fellow, his stock TTFS is doing very well (trim tabs float shrink)

Not me mate,
Strange song:LOL:, heard today for the first time.
You would be a happy bull at the moment.
7,000 for the FTSE in next 4 to 6 weeks could be possible.

i'll be honest bus i'm getting weary of the old ftse ....i'm trying forex at the mo ..had some great trades early days tho

I dabble between the two but I don't find much difference, TBH.

60 points was possible on the FT, yesterday , More, the day before. Even getting a smallish fraction of that is good enough for me. The same, or better opportunities abound in FX but the problem with all is that they have to be spotted.

Anyway, Dick, it's a question, like always, of getting it right.

FT has a spread, for me, of 1 point, along with Dax and Eurostocks and US tech. But so has Euro, Aus,Yen agains USD. Margins for all those instruments are lower than most others.

I have no preferences for, or against, any of those and keep an eye on all at the beginning. getting rid of all but the the one I select for that day.

Even then, I'm not making any fortunes! Just bumbling along a bit above the line.:)

Last edited:
I dabble between the two but I don't find much difference, TBH.

60 points was possible on the FT, yesterday , More, the day before. Even getting a smallish fraction of that is good enough for me. The same, or better opportunities abound in FX but the problem with all is that they have to be spotted.

Anyway, Dick, it's a question, like always, of getting it right.

FT has a spread, for me, of 1 point, along with Dax and Eurostocks and US tech. But so has Euro, Aus,Yen agains USD. Margins for all those instruments are lower than most others.

I have no preferences for, or against, any of those and keep an eye on all at the beginning. getting rid of all but the the one I select for that day.

Even then, I'm not making any fortunes! Just bumbling along a bit above the line.:)

yes which ones to trade is a problem.....i am trying to watch 6 and like you just select one from the bunch they are gbpusd eurusd eurgbp audusd usdjpy and usdchf..... i have tried forex before but i didn't last the pace so we'll see how it goes this time :)

hope all is well in sunny barca

check out the dow volume on yahoo.....

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_420 Aug. 04 12.59.jpg
    ScreenHunter_420 Aug. 04 12.59.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 132
ftse futures over the last 10 days
alot of messing around
then the breakout on wednesday...the spike on nfp and the new tend/green line
the futures contract needs to stay above 6550 area..otherwise a test of trend/a very minor trend
test failure...then back into the 6500 supp zone for a rethink
this is the futures contract..not the cash index
alpari data
642ibr.gif

Dax ..same again
alot of messing around
then the breakout on thursday
that new minor trend needs to get supported in 8350 area
5 min data
this is the futures..not cash index

1zp028o.gif