Advise please on rude member

Status
Not open for further replies.

martscan

I'm a newcomer here. What is the policy regarding someone that has insulted me personally and continues to be a jerk. Is there a means to block him or censure him in any way? I have responded somewhat in kind but am not proud of it...and don't wish to carry the juvenile tirade farther. Comments, suggestions, will be appreciated.

Hi martscan, welcome to the warm friendly world of T2W :D

The quickest way to highlight a post you think is rude and abusive or just generally not in the spirit of the site guidelines is to report it by means of the red flag. The moderators see the report and can than deal with the situation as required.

The posts you are concerned about have already been deleted.

If you don't want to view a members posts or threads you can effectively block a members posts by means of the ignore function, which can be found in your UserCP.

Click on UserCP up at the top left, click on Edit Ignore List and enter the user name of the member you would like to ignore.

One word of advise, if I may, as you are new here, don't steam in to threads as you did, shouting the odds a little, as it can be lead to a bun fight, well actually, very small skirmish in that instance :)

Hi martscan, welcome to the warm friendly world of T2W :D

The quickest way to highlight a post you think is rude and abusive or just generally not in the spirit of the site guidelines is to report it by means of the red flag. The moderators see the report and can than deal with the situation as required.

The posts you are concerned about have already been deleted.

If you don't want to view a members posts or threads you can effectively block a members posts by means of the ignore function, which can be found in your UserCP.
click on UserCP up at the top left, click on Edit Ignore List and enter the user name of the member you would like to ignore.

One word of advise, if I may, as you are new here, don't steam in to threads as you did, shouting the odds a little, as it can be lead to a bun fight, well actually, very small skirmish in that instance :)

Thank you very much. I wasn't aware I was doing anything amiss other than replying to a message directed at me. Be that as it may, since I trade most of the night...I thought I could perhaps contribute something positive to someone during the lulls...but I don't suffer fools well and I don't need the aggravation. I shan't return. My gut tells me to sell the ESep Dow on the opening...its the best 'system' I've had for 45 years. Thank you again for your most cordial response. Marty Scanlan, Arcadia, CA

That's just new_trader's way :).

My advice is to insult him back if you like ;)

He did a little, and gave as good as he got (y)

The skirmish, usual fare of tit-for-tat rubbishing of each others trading style and personalities, all deleted now, first broadsides left up though.

Thank you very much. I wasn't aware I was doing anything amiss other than replying to a message directed at me. Be that as it may, since I trade most of the night...I thought I could perhaps contribute something positive to someone during the lulls...but I don't suffer fools well and I don't need the aggravation. I shan't return. My gut tells me to sell the ESep Dow on the opening...its the best 'system' I've had for 45 years. Thank you again for your most cordial response. Marty Scanlan, Arcadia, CA

Well, we'll soon see whether you were right or not. Trading for 45 years, eh? You must be an old goat like me. The only difference is that I have learned to live with this ignorant bunch of upstarts. It's difficult at times, I must admit, to get the respect one deserves, but I keep trying.

I most certainly do care. Your opinion, although wrong most times, is highly respected.

by the way, a great way to make someone paranoid when you get done with greeting them, is to ask them casually "have you been eating fish?"

Someone will end up insulting someone in a minute and this will end in tears. :D

I'm on holiday but I don't think I'll have anymore beer, just yet.

Shplit :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.