Active day and swing traders

Hi Silvia, Jon,

Silvia, just rechecked AV: the reason I didn't consider short entry today is that 12/26 daily MACD had recrossed above it's signal line, giving a contra signal to the short, so I was waiting for today's result before acting. Personally, I wouldn't go long because it's getting close to a multi-year high but doesn't show a long term uptrend on my criteria. Still, glad to see your long is looking good at the moment :) .

Jon,

I can see why were opposing on AZN: on a 2-3 month view it's in a downtrend whereas on a 1 year+ view it's in an uptrend. For me, this is a positional trade with a small stake & loose stop. Providing it doesn't hit the stop, I'm looking for some good gains in the run up to Xmas. Same applies to my XTA trade.

Given that these stocks have performed strongly over the year, I'm also hoping to benefit from "window dressing" by institutions, who want to be seen holding these at the year end.

Cheers,

Mark

Hi!

I'm long ABG. It might be too early. I had a mental trap above 255. I decided to enter it anyway because it looks like developing an uptrend. Well...may be I got in too soon...It's sitting on the 26-ema and it looks like making a swing low. I also thought that the narrowing of the bars in the last few days could be a good sign.

Good trading!

Silvia.

Silvia.

Rats! Stopped out of KGF @ 219. I think that stop was a tad too tight... we'll see. I'll keep monitoring it & will re-enter if I get a strong trigger ( but probably not until Tuesday at the earliest).

On 15th I bought DGE for 833.4 but it started to slip back a bit too much for my liking, today, and I sold for 851.4 a gain of 18 points. I was surprised that no one else seemed interested- it went down on a poor trading statement but started upwards right on a support line and closed the gap today.

Split

barjon said:
What clever clogs went long gsk on Friday then ...

Commiserations, Jon. If it's any consolation, I noticed in their interim report (RCP) that even the Rothschilds consider current market conditions "difficult".

I've just entered another long positional trade in SDR @ 896.5, at a reduced size (relative to the 25% scale I'm already trading at) as volumes are very low this morning, so prices may not be very realistic yet.

Good trading!

Mark

Sorry, Jon. That is the swing trader's nightmare and the main argument that day traders have against it! If you feel cute, as Linda says, you could get ready for a bounce!

S/O BP 647.9

Split

Morning all,
Just bought BA. @ 347 on a half stake.
My existing longs are
SHP bought @ 658
isys bought @ 15.75
HSX @ 201
iii @ 743

I have changed strategy and keep the stops slack and let the trades run, seems to be paying off. Actually it also means I enter less trades as the slacker stop alters the stake and often it just is not worth entering.

Good trading to all.

Dave

marben said:
Rats! Stopped out of KGF @ 219. I think that stop was a tad too tight... we'll see. I'll keep monitoring it & will re-enter if I get a strong trigger ( but probably not until Tuesday at the earliest).
Well, at least I have the comfort of knowing that my stop wasn't too tight after all: it's @ 222 today :). Does't look likely that I'll be re-entering tomorrow.

mornin' all

a bit of re-jigging called for :rolleyes: watching gsk like a hawk and will ride the bounce as far as it goes. covered last bit of azn on the sympathy fall yesterday and still running ici and bg longs. also short cbry from 570.

possibles on the long side sab, hg nothing in view on the short side.

good trading

jon

barjon said:
mornin' all

...possibles on the long side sab, hg nothing in view on the short side.

jon
'morning Jon et al,

Better watch out! I agree with you on SAB & HG (positional). Might be looking for HG trigger tomorrow, SAB looks a little further off, unless it bounces strongly today.

I'm also looking at BSY & BT long and CNA short swing trades but not confident enough to enter today. May enter tomorrow if swings confirmed.

Still long AZN, SDR & XTA (positional).

Good trading all,

Mark

'morning all,

...gosh, it's all gone quiet on here again...

Anyway, a busy morning for me: short CNA @ 238.75, a short term swing trade. Will exit if price doesn't look like closing below yesterday's close. Long HG. @ 344.25, positional trade, it's triggered for me this morning. Current Positions: long AZN, XTA, SDR, HG., short CNA.

Good trading,

Mark

mornin' mark

just dashing out, but wouldn't want you to feel lonely. :cheesy:

no new positions for me except for riding the gsk bounce

good trading

jon

Hi there!

Just to let you know that I'm out of my AGA short. I'm very pleased with this trade, I took all the swing down. I suppose I could have closed the trade 2 days ago, but I decided to take the chance to see what happened with the 290 level that I saw as a resistance. It seems I was wrong :) I'm still long AV. and ABG. I'm not entering positions for the mo, husband is away for few days and children don't enjoy trading very much :)
Good trading!

Silvia.

Well done Silvia on AGA.

Couldn't resist having a crack at KGF. Looks like it's bounced off resistsance @ 225 intraday, so shorting @ 223.75, with a tight stop. CNA short going well - just been a sudden sharp drop - haven't yet seen any news.

Cheers,

Mark

'morning all,

It's another busy one for me. Couldn't resist a quick day-trade long on BLND @ 987.5. The sharp fall after the open looks unustified after pretty good results. Trading on my observation that prices often move in the "wrong" direction at the open after results and subsequently correct later in the day.

Probably deserve a slap for this :cheesy: but I've got a tight stop in place, so risk/reward ratio is good.

Also looking at prospective longs in SAB & BT and short in GLH.

Good trading!

Mark