Active day and swing traders

barjon said:
mornin' all

well after the famine the feast duly arrived on friday when emg ( :LOL: ), aal, anto,ba.,hg and xta triggered with ulvr and jmat this morning.

relieved to see the positive opening this morning (i hate entering on friday's, particularly when i'm not about) but with so much exposure i'm shifting stops to b/e as soon as i can. probably lose a few of them because of that, but safety first.

good trading

jon

seriously Jon, ur TA is really impressive, respect mate :cool: . i really have a lot to learn.

Short IHG @ 741.75. Weekly MACD has just turned down from a high peak. Elder FI has risen to crossing line from a dip, though daily stochastic pretty low already. Price went below Friday's low: my entry trigger. Chart indicators are supported by fundamentals IMO: P/E pretty high despite unspectacular track record. Profits at risk due to terrorism impact.

marben said:
'morning all,

Decided to take loss on 50% EMG short trade this morning @ 1688 (opened @ 1650.5 on 18/8). Broke my rules & traded before 9am because there was +ve news over the weekend & price opened higher, with apparent buying support. This will probably turn out to be a mistake :cheesy:

Good trading all!

Mark

mark

:eek: oops, sorry, hadn't seen your post before making mine - the :LOL: after emg was meant as a wry chuckle at our usual opposite stance, not as a laugh at you losing out a bit this time. Sorry again

jon

barjon said:
mark

:eek: oops, sorry, hadn't seen your post before making mine - the :LOL: after emg was meant as a wry chuckle at our usual opposite stance, not as a laugh at you losing out a bit this time. Sorry again

jon
That's OK Jon,

I didn't take it as anythiing -ve. Glad if we both turn out to be right (it was only a small loss for me, saving qute a bit relative to hitting my stop) - looking good so far! It'll also mean a higher re-entry for me later :LOL:

Good trading,

Mark

phew, busy morning - hg. gone and taken some anto gains. long triggers on stan and bg. only need a bit above today's highs, similar for aun short.

forgot to add that blt and rio (good one, kim) also triggered on friday but not taken since gap opening above swinglow bar high.

good trading

jon

barjon said:
phew, busy morning - hg. gone and taken some anto gains. long triggers on stan and bg. only need a bit above today's highs, similar for aun short.

forgot to add that blt and rio (good one, kim) also triggered on friday but not taken since gap opening above swinglow bar high.

good trading

jon

Jon, i have been buying loads of bg, so HOPEFULLY it will trigger mate.

hey guys, any thoughts on longing rtr? its been hovering around this base of 65ish.

SPW - trendbreak?

"a) SPW short closed @ 488. SPW starting to rise from daily stochastic bottom & MACD histogram has moved into negative territory (this is a short closing signal for me). Original trade opened @ 509.5 on 28/7. Closed temporarily when I got cold feet (error) on 3/8 @ 502.25 on 3/8. Luckily managed to reopen 50% of trade @ 503 on 4/8."

Good trade but I'm having trouble with the basic chart: on a 1 or 2 yr chart the RSI looks to have been a good buy signal before, but this time it coincides with a cross down by the 10day MA, not a cross up
http://www.advfn.com/cmn/chrt/chrt_...1&o_1maday3=10&o_2maday3=&o_colour3=3&olx_3=3
Does this not look more like it will hit 460 or 440?

lplate said:
Does this not look more like it will hit 460 or 440?

Welcome lplate,

'fraid I can't really comment on that as my methods don't use those indicators. It could well go even lower in time but the risk of a rise in the short and medium term is too high for my liking & I've been in this trade for long enough.

Best thing to do is watch how it evolves from here and add it to the "experience bank".

Cheers,

Mark

khi said:
hey guys, any thoughts on longing rtr? its been hovering around this base of 65ish.
Hi Kim,

Well, for me it's not "ripe" yet. Weekly MACD suggests the downtrend aint over yet (though it might be soon). On daily stochastic & Force Index, it's at a temporary high & I reckon if price goes below Friday's low (which it has today) it'd be a sell signal for me :cheesy:

Good trading,

Mark

re RTR:
I have been holding a small quantity of RTR for about 6 months now so I have been following them fairly closely.
My main comment is be carefull with SBs on this - there are several underlying fundamentals which have caused significant unpredicatble jumps/falls.
For the chartists, if you view the last 12months you may think that a Head & Shoulders, started 12 months ago, is just coming to an end.
It seems likely to me that, in the next week or so, it will rise up to about 400p from whence it may bounce back or continue up to around 415p (where I bought them!)
Check out the On Balance Volume - the markets is not really supporting RTR at present.

marben said:
On daily stochastic & Force Index, it's at a temporary high & I reckon if price goes below Friday's low (which it has today) it'd be a sell signal for me :cheesy:

nothing useful to contribute with spw or rtr other than to say they are both in downtrend for me.

emg gone for a big fat zero :LOL: :LOL: although 1640 is the key level, might have another go if it stays above that, but at least it's reduced my exposure for the time being.

good trading

jon

ale & barjon

RTR is not on my watch list (perhaps it should be) but my take on it may be of mild interest to you.

1 360 appears to be a s/r zone and the price is currently at this level (see chart below) and holding above it

2 The current market trend (ftse100) is up, it might be risky to short this share.

Is there anything on the horizon that might adversly affect the price? If not this may be a buying opportunity.

Regards

bracke

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 172
thank you guys
will keep a close eye on them tmr. not done much today only long emg and closed rio, blt reporting on wednesday, see how it goes tmr. buy have a few.
kim

mornign all

i have entered a new long on rtr, just half of usual size, like the look of the v shape on the graph (its a risky punt.)

kim

khi said:
mornign all

i have entered a new long on rtr, just half of usual size, like the look of the v shape on the graph (its a risky punt.)

kim
Hi all,
I entered rtr @ 369 last week and have held in there, also at half normal stake. REason? short term trend line break. It stuck for a couple of days but now the lower Boll band is turning up. I agree it is not a cert but then in life and trading nothing is!

Also I have entered SLOU and WG (up tick touching lower Boll on both) today
Good luck to all

Euro_d said:
Hi all,
I entered rtr @ 369 last week and have held in there, also at half normal stake. REason? short term trend line break. It stuck for a couple of days but now the lower Boll band is turning up. I agree it is not a cert but then in life and trading nothing is!

Also I have entered SLOU and WG (up tick touching lower Boll on both) today
Good luck to all

nice one euro_d

d_mn right, got to be in it to win it, :cheesy:

kim