Active day and swing traders

mornin' all

still got nothing but banks on the blocks, but standing clear until the results dust settles. might have a dabble in stan though if it breaks 1130.

mark - see bsy is going well for you now.

kim - did you keep an eye on av when it broke out of the range

good trading

jon

barjon said:
mornin' all

kim - did you keep an eye on av when it broke out of the range

jon

hi jon,

i was not so keen on longing insurers but now looking at the chart of av. it does look like that the resistance of 670 can be reached soon. so i will watch it like a hawk. thanks.

i do like hbos as a long esp. with boe is expected to cut rate this thursday, mortgage banks should do ok. but want to see it goes a lil lower first.

cheers

khi said:
any view on yell anyone?
Hi khi,

Neutral for my style of trading.

Closed TATE trade for small loss @ 456.25. Expect I'll keep trying that entry, unless I get contra-indications for long trade.

Cheers,

Mark

Closed 50% of BSY long @ 551 (opened @ 529.5 on 1 July!). Waiting for results tomorrow before deciding on other 50%.

So, both Jon & I DID make a profit on this one, despite trading in opposite directions!

Cheers,

Mark

Found this thread a few days ago......being fairly new to this game I feel FT350 (more towards FT100) offers some security, low spreads (I'm a spreadbetter) and theoretically I would consider that most fundamentals should be in the price?! Anyway....hmm i went into Burrel yesterday. Not that happy with todays move! and holder of hsbc,,,,tend towards medium term if positions survive that long!

Windowsill said:
Found this thread a few days ago......being fairly new to this game I feel FT350 (more towards FT100) offers some security, low spreads (I'm a spreadbetter) and theoretically I would consider that most fundamentals should be in the price?! Anyway....hmm i went into Burrel yesterday. Not that happy with todays move! and holder of hsbc,,,,tend towards medium term if positions survive that long!
Welcome Windowsill,

I'm a spreadbetter too. Nice to have a new participant in this thread. Personally, I stick to the FTSE100 for trading. I feel more comfortable with very liquid stocks.

Good trading!

Mark

Am short 300k prty at 169.75 and 100k at 171.5.Its had a good run, failed at 175 a few days ago on reasonably heavy volume and hopefully will retrace a bit.I use direct access cfd's(gni/etrade).

morning all, and welcome to all the new guys here. i have closed my remaining blt long, look to reenter.

'morning all,

I was wathcing BT for a possible short today. However, it already opened dramatically lower, so it looks like I'm too late. I haven't spotted any relevant news. Does anyone know what triggered this fall?

Cheers,

Mark

nobrainer said:
Bt is ex div 6.5p today.
D'oooooooooh!!

Thx Nobrainer. I'll recalibrate my charts.

Shame you didn't stick with BSY! Buying pressure now looking strong.

Good trading,

Mark

JillyB said:
Morning Khi

Two or three for you to look at

PMO buy - target 730
HSBA sell - target 910
QED buy - target 580

Let me know what you think

Update on the above.

PMO - target achieved 1st August (730 - 713 -5 spread) = 12 points
QED - at close last night 573 = 10 points - spread (3) = 7 points
HSBA - made 919, not as low as hoped, it then turned and headed back up again.

JillyB said:
Update on the above.

PMO - target achieved 1st August (730 - 713 -5 spread) = 12 points
QED - at close last night 573 = 10 points - spread (3) = 7 points
HSBA - made 919, not as low as hoped, it then turned and headed back up again.

nice one jill, any more?