Active day and swing traders

Hi Jon,

I must admit, I find this quite an interesting aspect of trading: trying a strategy for a period, seeing what's working & what isn't, adjusting etc. You do have to be patient and resilient though, to gather enough data to make meaningful comparisons.

I suspect that any strategy needs constant review. It seems to me that market behaviour is continuously and subtly changing and traders need to adjust correspondingly to stay ahead of the game.

Good trading to you too!

Mark

Jmat

OK, EOD data does NOT confirm downtrend for JMAT started, so leaving this one for now. Monitoring continues...

morning all

bought more blt, and anto and jmat in opening auction, got filled at a good price for blt and anto. closed wpp. will reenter.

Mornin all,
bit hectic!
So, new longs MCTY & ULE.
BGY showing nice profits/ CTM still flat. AVZ MTO SMDS & COB all with SL at or above BE.
Got KESA (258) ACM(230) on radar for longs, no shorts

Fluke said:
KHI.
I am currently trying your method of ma cross over using the 20 and 50 wma and have gon long svt and am also still in blt and agree with others re the high of 95.
also short ukx rolling with sb.

hi fluke

hope u r still in blt, miners are doing very well, and i am going to stay in for a while. nice one ;)

G'Day all,

Just shorted BG @ 474. 50% size as entry criteria not yet met but order book suggests this might be a good entry! Will exit trade by end of Monday, unless criteria met.

Other than that, just been letting my positions run today (no other entry or exit signals)... more news on these later.

Good trading!

Mark

..and closed BG trade again @ 472.25 for a quick turn. Will look at it again on Monday

Phew!

About time I had a decent day's trading after a pretty poor last couple of weeks. My position remains: long BSY, short SPW, FP., HBOS.

Have a good weekend all,

Mark

'morning all,

long TATE @ 463, 50% size trade in anticipation of trigger (will exit it trigger not met today)

Good trading,

Mark

morning, markk et al

all i've got in the starting stalls are banks for longs - stan, hsbc, rbs, lloy, barc - but it's the reporting season so i'm standing clear of the likely volatility (particularly since i've been twice got whipsawed with rbs recently :cry:)

good trading

jon

Well, doesn't look like TATE trigger level will be met, so closed trade @ 456.5

hello good afternoon, a bit late today, not done any trades yet, as not sure what to do, still got my old positions. yeah agree jon banks are interesting, will get back in rbs and hbos soon

Closed HBOS short @ 871, (taking small profit) ahead of interims on Wednesday (opened @ 873.3 on 28/7)

'morning khi et al,

Having another crack at TATE long - 50% size so far, bought @ 462.25

Cheers,

Mark