Active day and swing traders

Ok, here's a few

CRDA opened at 410 - sell trade - down to 394
WG opened at 207 - sell trade - down to 195
AV opened at 650 - buy trade - up to 672 (possibly higher)

One to watch - TFI - looking for breakout upwards.

JillyB said:
Ok, here's a few

CRDA opened at 410 - sell trade - down to 394
WG opened at 207 - sell trade - down to 195
AV opened at 650 - buy trade - up to 672 (possibly higher)

One to watch - TFI - looking for breakout upwards.

totally agree with what u say re av. as i am getting ready to move in too. and also 672 is the first wave of resistance.

marben said:
...Shame you didn't stick with BSY! Buying pressure now looking strong.
Oh well, just got stopped out of the other half of my BSY long @ 539.5 :rolleyes: . Still a profit's a profit. Opened @ 529.5 on 1 July.

FP and SPW shorts still going strong. I'm wathcing BT, BP and HBOS for possible shorts, TATE for possible long.

Cheers,

Mark

Decided to take my profits on SPW as there seems to be a sudden unexplained flurry in buying activity.

Closed short trade @ 502.5 (opened @ 509.5 on 28/7)

Anyone spotted any news? May re-enter this later.

Good trading!

Mark

Decided to have a go at scalping that SPW rumour: long @ 504.25 (hope I don't regret it - usually do when I try this!)

'morning all,

Shorted ULVR @ 565 - results look pretty crappy to me :cheesy:

Good trading,

Mark

marben said:
'morning all,

Shorted ULVR @ 565 - results look pretty crappy to me :cheesy:

Good trading,

Mark

hello mark and everybody,

ooops i have gone long on ulvr :eek: , and also long on hbos, closed xta long.

hope we will both make money on ulvr ey.

good trading

khi said:
hello mark and everybody,

ooops i have gone long on ulvr :eek: , and also long on hbos, closed xta long.

hope we will both make money on ulvr ey.

good trading

Well if it's any consolation I think I would rather be long on ULVR than short. As far as HBOS goes - Hmmm, indecision here - I don't think that would be one I'd be entering either long or short. :cool:

mornin' all

........and i've closed ulvr this morning so i guess i'm with jilly :LOL:

good trading

ps: oh no i'm not - it was indecision wth hbos not ulvr :rolleyes:
jon

khi said:
...ooops i have gone long on ulvr ...
Well it went perilously close to my stop. Despite the crappy results several analysts are recommending it! I'll wait for some others to diss it (unless stopped out) :cheesy:

Closed SPW long @ 502.75 and reversed back into original short trade. Price action suggests to me that bid talk pushing price up was just rumours after all (no sustained buying).

Well, now I'll have to wait for the market to say whether it agrees with me :confused:

Cheers,

Mark

JillyB said:
Well if it's any consolation I think I would rather be long on ULVR than short. As far as HBOS goes - Hmmm, indecision here - I don't think that would be one I'd be entering either long or short. :cool:
Morning Jill,

On HBOS, ii still looks like a short opportunity to me (weekly MACD is in 3rd week of decline from a high) but only when the price reverses signficantly. I'm unlikely to enter today. If it rises much further then I'll be leaving it for now.

Cheers,

Mark

breakouts are not my thing but this one looks interesting.

dge is poised for a swing change confirmation if the blue swinglow support goes, which is pretty co-incident with a breakout from that tight closing range which has lasted for nearly a month. if it breaks i'll be waiting for the first correction, but others may be more adventurous.

good trading

jon

Attachments

• dge.gif
    dge.gif
    8.9 KB · Views: 203
Long TATE at 50% size (459). It's finally reached an entry level. Will add other 50% if entry confirmed....and as I write it's confirmed. So, got the other half @ 459.75.

Busy morning!

Good trading,

Mark

barjon said:
breakouts are not my thing but this one looks interesting.

dge is poised for a swing change confirmation if the blue swinglow support goes, which is pretty co-incident with a breakout from that tight closing range which has lasted for nearly a month. if it breaks i'll be waiting for the first correction, but others may be more adventurous.

good trading

jon

You sound as if you're thinking of this for a long trade, but looking at the chart I'm not so sure. There has been very little upward movement and when it does try to bounce, it is brought back down again very quickly - note the bearish engulfing candle from yesterday. There is a lot of testing of this level of support and I am suspicious that it will eventually break through it and retest the lower level of support at 760.

What do you think?

jilly

no, i'm with you in thinking short - be looking at correction after the break south (if it comes)

jon

JillyB said:
You sound as if you're thinking of this for a long trade, but looking at the chart I'm not so sure. There has been very little upward movement and when it does try to bounce, it is brought back down again very quickly - note the bearish engulfing candle from yesterday. There is a lot of testing of this level of support and I am suspicious that it will eventually break through it and retest the lower level of support at 760.

What do you think?
From my POV (possibly with a longer term perspective) it looks too late to go short on this one but a bit too early to be long. Weekly MACD is heading towards a bottom but hasn't got there yet.

Re ULVR, I see that DJ's "The Skeptic" agrees with me but the question is does the market? I'm still hanging on to this trade by the proverbial fingernails but it's too darn close to my stop for comfort :eek: . Longer term trend certainly seems "down" to me & I intend to stay in this trade for some time, unless stopped out.

Hi all, enjoy reading the thread, just a quick question for anyone/everyone. I have been daytrading FTSE 100 stocks since January (many of the stocks you all regularly trade on here). I haven't been doing too badly for a novice, but I have found the last two weeks, and especially this week very difficult. My setups don't seem to be working as effectively and I am often stopped out due to the choppy conditions I had assumed were caused by low volume. I realise that many of you position/swing trade these stocks, but wondered if you found there were fewer points in your respective systems or it was just mine! I don't want to change my methods if this is simply the 'August holiday effect'.
Thanks in advance
Ayly