Active day and swing traders

FYI I've tightened my stop on AZN to B/E: the "smart money" seems to be buying these as the only really large trades printing are buys. Maybe they have some knowledge abot the CEO replacement. Interesting situation...

khi said:
hi jill, how r u doin, long time no see. they look good, will keep eyes on them. thanks

I'm fine Khi. I've been concentrating on the Dow and GBP/USB for a while, that's why I've not posted. :cheesy:

marben said:
'morning all,

Nipped in with a quick short of AZN at 2395 this morning. Price had leapt 50p after CEO announces departure (no successor announced).

This one appeared on my radar yesterday as a prospective short.

Looking good so far.

Good trading!

Mark

good call on azn mark :cool:

KHI.
I am currently trying your method of ma cross over using the 20 and 50 wma and have gon long svt and am also still in blt and agree with others re the high of 95.
also short ukx rolling with sb.

khi said:
good call on azn mark :cool:

It's time something worked out :cheesy:. Mind you, trade not closed yet! I'll be out of that one by the close tomorrow, unless I get a true entry signal, in which case I'm in for the long haul.

Cheers,

Mark

PS.
Just started to read "come into my trading room",by A Elder.
Any comments.

marben said:
It's time something worked out :cheesy:. Mind you, trade not closed yet! I'll be out of that one by the close tomorrow, unless I get a true entry signal, in which case I'm in for the long haul.

Cheers,

Mark

azn results :eek: hope u got out all right mate.

marben said:

Cheers,

Mark
Well, good job the stop kicked in at B/E: the market kinda liked AZN's interims (despite the change in management)!

any one any idea on kgf? the up trend seems to have been formed but it just does not want to move yet.

khi said:
any one any idea on kgf? the up trend seems to have been formed but it just does not want to move yet.

kim

kgf 's a very foggy picture from my perspective. theoretically i've still got it in downtrend (until 270 is broken) and would be thinking of short below 254. mind you, three days within that potential swing high bar range (maybe 4 with today) looks like something of a tussle going on so north wouldn't surprise. also the potential swing high bar wasn't good with a close in the upper half rather than my prefered lower half .

probably more of a hindrance than a help.

good trading

jon

Attachments

• kgf.gif
    kgf.gif
    9.6 KB · Views: 172
barjon said:
kim

kgf 's a very foggy picture from my perspective. theoretically i've still got it in downtrend (until 270 is broken) and would be thinking of short below 254. mind you, three days within that potential swing high bar range (maybe 4 with today) looks like something of a tussle going on so north wouldn't surprise. also the potential swing high bar wasn't good with a close in the upper half rather than my prefered lower half .

probably more of a hindrance than a help.

good trading

jon

thanks jon, i was going to add more, but now i will wait and see if 0255 breached. :rolleyes:

ps: the last potential swing high bar (6 before the latest one) didn't trigger a short and was nullified on a similar pattern to what's going on atm

barjon said:
all gone quiet on here?

closed out all but ulvr

jon
I've been out ;) but got back in time to short HBOS @ 873.5 just before COB. Current position:
long BSY, short SPW, FP., and HBOS.

Cheers,

Mark

mark

still hanging in there with bsy then. interesting how we light on the same runners from different directions - hbos would have triggered long for me when it broke up through 879 this morning, didn't take it because it didn't satisfy my conditions. be interesting to watch developments.

good trading

jon

ps jmat's clear for you now :)

barjon said:
mark

still hanging in there with bsy then. interesting how we light on the same runners from different directions - hbos would have triggered long for me when it broke up through 879 this morning, didn't take it because it didn't satisfy my conditions. be interesting to watch developments.

good trading

jon

ps jmat's clear for you now :)
Hi Jon,

Yeah, BSY still hasn't done much for me & is close to B/E (small loss at present). It's one of the 1st trades I made after a change of tactics. Following an analysis of earlier trades, I found that I'd usually got the direction right but most of the time I'd exited too soon. Hence I changed my tactics to stay in for 2 stochastic cycles. Backtesting on my earlier trades indicated that this should improve profits significantly. Previously I'd have exited BSY around it's last stoch peak, around 10/7 @ about 550. This time, however, I'm determined to hang on until the next peak, probably in a few day's time and then wait for the exit signal. I'm a bit concerned about next weeks interims, as I don't usually like to trade across results announcements. We'll see whether this tactic works for BSY but, even if it doesn't, I'll need to try it on several other trades to get a sufficient statistical sample to decide whether it works or not.

I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm still getting my directions right or not but only time will tell!

For HBOS, weekly MACD suggests that recent uptrend (which started early May) is coming to an end. It has the right stochastic & Elder Force indicators for me & the price went below yesterday's low, that was my entry signal.

As for JMAT, my take is this: again, looks like uptrend is ending (will need to plug tonights EOD figures in to confirm or refute this). If it is confirmed, I hope to be able to short this from a much higher level than my last attempt :cheesy: . (OK, OK you can stop laughing now)

Good trading,

Mark

mark

mmm, i've been tinkering with exit strategy this year too. after analysing last year's trades i thought i was leaving too much on the table - either by getting out too soon or too late (watching a profit drip away to breakeven). tried several alternatives but finally settled on taking profits on half position on a 1:1 basis and letting rest run with stop trailed from b/e and then to sensible points below/above the price action. depending on position size may halve the residual again.

good trading

jon