A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 05 pm

This is too easy today

I had my cross over around 1 58 pm to 2 02 pm on Euro crosses for a scalp buy

Still left some 30% stakes on sells for now

UCad testing 3110 for now - looking at scalp buying either by 3 10 pm or if no crosses and bounces will wait

UCad

2 24pm

No bounces at 3105 and price now down to 3098

Still in 30% stake on sell and will hold with stop in 9 pips of profit

3096 / 98 is another dynamic support area of a TL - so look to see if we can get a scalp buy in this TW

2 30 pm

EU

notice we had a low at 1206 and then a HL at 1209 and gone over 30 mins

All we need to see now to stay with any new scalp buys is a HH above 1222 and ideally 1226

EA and EJ

From 1 39 / 40 pm - KT on set up for LRs changes

So far EA dropped 30 pips - EJ 18 pips and EU now from after news release down 23 pips

2 05 pm

This is too easy today

I had my cross over around 1 58 pm to 2 02 pm on Euro crosses for a scalp buy

Still left some 30% stakes on sells for now

UCad testing 3110 for now - looking at scalp buying either by 3 10 pm or if no crosses and bounces will wait

EA

Nearly 1 hr from initial scalp sell

Now 30% stake is seeing 58 pips of profit off just that pair during that time

welcome back F :clap:

What do you think of GU?

Hi shacau

Its bullish bias above LiTs and 5160 ish

Had not traded it today - as early on did not like the PA

From after 1 00 pm it been nicer and currently at R area from 5190 to 5203 ish

Above 5205 more scalp buys - but we need to get throught the R area - if not pullbacks of 20 -40 pips

GL

F

UCad - after 1 30 pm News release and sell after 1 39 pm KT

UCad

I caught pips on scalp buy at news release as it was in a scalp bullish set up

After 1 39 / 40 pm I sold - wanting to buy again about 3105

This did not happen and 3098 did not hold so just left 30% stake sells on with stops in profit

This is my 1 min chart on the pair

Low so far 3070

201680d1444139777-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-ucad-61015-pm.png

Attachments

• UCad - 61015 pm.png
    UCad - 61015 pm.png
    66.4 KB · Views: 379
2 30 pm

EU

notice we had a low at 1206 and then a HL at 1209 and gone over 30 mins

All we need to see now to stay with any new scalp buys is a HH above 1222 and ideally 1226

EU

3 05 pm

Ok just happened - made over 1226 - now can it make over 1235 and carry on up ??

Only on 30% stake on buy now - EA also turned now - so all 3 euro crosses been scalp buys last 7 mins or so

EU

3 05 pm

Ok just happened - made over 1226 - now can it make over 1235 and carry on up ??

Only on 30% stake on buy now - EA also turned now - so all 3 euro crosses been scalp buys last 7 mins or so

EU ( plus EA and EJ )

3 17 pm

Been nice scalp buys

EU now at 1241

Just move stops up into more profits - yes and on other 2 euro crosses

Its always worrying if too easy - so safe guard your gains always

EA

3 20 PM

:D

Just noticed its bounced up 60 pips from 3 00 pm scalp buy time

EU and EJ both up less than half EA ( actually only about a third )

Hi F,

Welcome back. We really missed you!

As you can see the thread has been sort of quiet waiting for you. As for me, I’m still struggling….some days are very nice, some are awful (mostly due to unexpected ranges). I have some questions regarding the way you trade certain common situations. I’ll ask on next few days.

I can’t wait to hear the tips for Sun’s next stage.

Have a good evening,
Keen246

Feel free K to fire away with the questions when ever to suit you

If cannot get back to you in main sessions - will always try and post same day etc

We will get you there - its time consuming - but its all possible with the right set up - belief - discipline and accepting you will have small losses but you will make more from all your winning trades than lose on any bad ones etc

Regards

F

EU - 2 Min LR chart of whole day up to 3 40 pm UK time

EU

Note Line in the sand area and green supports and Red resistance areas for the Tuesday am and early US session

201694d1444142677-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-eu-61015-pm.png

Attachments

• EU - 61015 pm.png
    EU - 61015 pm.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 780
4 02 pm

EU

Got through 1240 -50 R area and stopped at 1265/66 so far

We should stay and drop well under 1285/ 90 - but as we know in FX trading - anything is possible - so never assume we cannot make 1320 or higher today - but similar in next 3 hrs all could change and we could end up below 1150 tonight - all depends on the market makers / players and were they can make the most money from the markets

LITS Determination ?

EU

Note Line in the sand area and green supports and Red resistance areas for the Tuesday am and early US session

201694d1444142677-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-eu-61015-pm.png

Hi F,

I will probably be asking a few questions about the SSS. :smart:

One at a time for now !

How do you determine your LITS zone top and bottom levels ? One could obviously use hourly or 4H candle H and L from the previous session/s or Pivot pts or FIB levels. What do you use or more commonly use please ?

Also related to that question how does your LITS zone dictate your trading for the sessions following.

I ask these relevant questions as yr KT s and LR crosses are a more definitive trigger for a trade opportunity for students of your system whereas the LITS zone could vary from student trader to student trader ?

Look forward to your reply as this is quite a mystery/variable part of your set up for myself and I m guessing other followers.

Dave.

Hi F,

One at a time for now !

How do you determine your LITS zone top and bottom levels ? One could obviously use hourly or 4H candle H and L from the previous session/s or Pivot pts or FIB levels. What do you use or more commonly use please ?

Also related to that question how does your LITS zone dictate your trading for the sessions following.

I ask these relevant questions as yr KT s and LR crosses are a more definitive trigger for a trade opportunity for students of your system whereas the LITS zone could vary from student trader to student trader ?

Look forward to your reply as this is quite a mystery/variable part of your set up for myself and I m guessing other followers.

Dave.

Hi Dave

Glad you have come on board

Ok give me say 10 - 15 mins and will be back with you to answer your first questions etc

Regards

F

Hi F,

One at a time for now !

Dave.

Re LiTs areas - the basic line in the sand for the European and London main session which then gives me a session bias for bullish above both price areas and bearish for under both price areas

My main instrument to calculate this is the longest 3 LRs on my LR set up - ie from 270 up 500 LR settings - on a 1 min chart

They are bias to the last 4 to last 12 hrs of previous Asian action and therefore can be tight - ie just 10 -15 pips area or on large moving pairs that have had busy Asian sessions - then I might need 35 to 60 pips to cover the "unknown " range and bias

Some days over 24 hrs you can have 2 or even 3 different Lits areas - especially on large moving pairs were you might have a 100 pip move up and then a 180 or 240 pip move down - ( like the GJ and even the EA some days)

I also have LiTs scalping areas where the difference in bull bias to bear bias is only 3 -7 pips - that close - and then I depend on the quicker LRs assisting me on the next direction

Some good example today on Lits would be on the EU - ( stayed above it after London Open ) and the Swissy ( Uchf ) stayed below the LiTs after LO

Other pairs have crossed over both ways - but some pairs like the GU had ugly PA early on this morning - but after Lunchtime and 1 pm have been lovely rising above the LiTs and in a nice bull rally of approx 70 pips

Hope that helps for now

I use to Lits to assist me with part stake swing trades left on with stops in a few pips of profit - so I need not babysit them and just check every hour or so once they have gone into a bias direction

Nothing wrong with using the 4 hr or daily or even weekly charts for the big picture / world view - but for intraday trading in the "now" I am always breaking up every session into 30 and 60 min time slots and generally take trades in both directions on many pairs during the day

SSS - sweet spot scalping - 7 -25 pip moves in 10 -15 mins with 3 -5 pip stops - my favourite moves ;-)

Feel free to join in and post your own set up's on any pairs and also fire away with the questions - and hopefully - I can answer them

Regards

F

Back after 5 30 pm next - basically finished for day but still got some part stakes on

UJ - chart at 10 00 am with comments and then result at 5 45 pm

UJ

9 55 am

A great pair to focus on this morning if you are a student of my method

There as been at least 5 nice scalps over the last 3+ hrs - with one worth over 25 pips and the others worth 7 to 17 pips

See chart

201642d1444121718-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-uj-61015-am.png

Last scalp buy was after 9 00 am as shown on chart - but we would need back above the LiTs area to stay with scalp buys - otherwise we will get reversals again back down to interim support area

UJ

5 53pm

Update chart for the day

Did we get over the Lits area to carry on with more buys ? - NO - so we sold

Did we go under the Support area ? No - so another buy was on to stay in range

See chart

201702d1444150421-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-uj-61015-pm.png

Attachments

• UJ - 61015 PM.png
    UJ - 61015 PM.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 648
Re LiTs areas - the basic line in the sand for the European and London main session which then gives me a session bias for bullish above both price areas and bearish for under both price areas

My main instrument to calculate this is the longest 3 LRs on my LR set up - ie from 270 up 500 LR settings - on a 1 min chart

They are bias to the last 4 to last 12 hrs of previous Asian action and therefore can be tight - ie just 10 -15 pips area or on large moving pairs that have had busy Asian sessions - then I might need 35 to 60 pips to cover the "unknown " range and bias

Some days over 24 hrs you can have 2 or even 3 different Lits areas - especially on large moving pairs were you might have a 100 pip move up and then a 180 or 240 pip move down - ( like the GJ and even the EA some days)

I also have LiTs scalping areas where the difference in bull bias to bear bias is only 3 -7 pips - that close - and then I depend on the quicker LRs assisting me on the next direction

Some good example today on Lits would be on the EU - ( stayed above it after London Open ) and the Swissy ( Uchf ) stayed below the LiTs after LO

Other pairs have crossed over both ways - but some pairs like the GU had ugly PA early on this morning - but after Lunchtime and 1 pm have been lovely rising above the LiTs and in a nice bull rally of approx 70 pips

Hope that helps for now

I use to Lits to assist me with part stake swing trades left on with stops in a few pips of profit - so I need not babysit them and just check every hour or so once they have gone into a bias direction

Nothing wrong with using the 4 hr or daily or even weekly charts for the big picture / world view - but for intraday trading in the "now" I am always breaking up every session into 30 and 60 min time slots and generally take trades in both directions on many pairs during the day

SSS - sweet spot scalping - 7 -25 pip moves in 10 -15 mins with 3 -5 pip stops - my favourite moves ;-)

Feel free to join in and post your own set up's on any pairs and also fire away with the questions - and hopefully - I can answer them

Regards

F

Back after 5 30 pm next - basically finished for day but still got some part stakes on

Hi F,

Thanks for your comprehensive reply.

Regarding the LR s :

Firstly can you confirm your values for the 9 you use please?
Some confusion here F as you said you use 9 and I had a list of values including 900 and 1500 ?

I have tried various to align with KT s but would like to try your preferred 9 as a reference if possible ? ( I know they vary from platform to platform and broker to broker )

Secondly can you elaborate how you use the Higher value LR s ? Do you use the 270 and 500 (the lower and higher of the three) price values to determine your upper and lower LITS levels What time UK time do you determine the LITS for say Euro London session i.e. what time do you use the LR price level to determine the LITS zone levels? Hope that is clear ?!

If you could illustrate this on a chart maybe would be clearer showing where and at what time you use the higher value LR s and what the LR values are to show the upper and lower price of the LITS zone.

I would like to learn this system and become a successful scalper hence why I am trying to be specific F I hope this is acceptable from your end ?

More questions will probably follow also !

Regards,

Dave.

Hi F,

Thanks for your comprehensive reply.

Regarding the LR s :

Firstly can you confirm your values for the 9 you use please?
Some confusion here F as you said you use 9 and I had a list of values including 900 and 1500 ?

I have tried various to align with KT s but would like to try your preferred 9 as a reference if possible ? ( I know they vary from platform to platform and broker to broker )

Secondly can you elaborate how you use the Higher value LR s ? Do you use the 270 and 500 (the lower and higher of the three) price values to determine your upper and lower LITS levels What time UK time do you determine the LITS for say Euro London session i.e. what time do you use the LR price level to determine the LITS zone levels? Hope that is clear ?!

If you could illustrate this on a chart maybe would be clearer showing where and at what time you use the higher value LR s and what the LR values are to show the upper and lower price of the LITS zone.

I would like to learn this system and become a successful scalper hence why I am trying to be specific F I hope this is acceptable from your end ?

More questions will probably follow also !

Regards,

Dave.

Hi Dave

The reason you have seen or heard of many different settings is because it all depends on the brokers charts set up - no one setting fits all and I have noticed even the same brokers charts can give slightly different lines and turns etc etc

Unfortunately brokers charts are like 1950's Ford speedometers - not that accurate - so therefore a 500 LR setting on one chart might take a 525 or a 460 setting to be identical on another chart.

Atm my main settings are 8 - 12 - 24 - 37 -100 - 255 - 295 - 375 - 495 - split into groups of 3 - ie first 3 fast for scalping - then next 3 medium settings for structure changes and 3 longer ones for main bias and LiTs area. These setting are different from last year and the 900 and 1500 settings are used on some 5 second tick charts

As long as you can get the 3 groups set up to suit your own style then its best to play around - i have mine favouring more 7 -25 pip moves but its possible to adjust to put preference on even longer moves but accepting then larger pullbacks etc.

You will know when they are right - LR are different to MA's less lag and different set up so they go over price to say price is stalling and ready to sell - or under price to say there is enough support to look for new bull moves.

They also need to be adjusted and even "curve fitted" to key time moves - and then checked at least monthly as sometimes they will need re -adjusting

I will hopefully be able to give you an example of the Lits set up live tomorrow morning - sometime between 6 30 and 7 00 am and then will post a chart set up showing why I have called the levels after eyeballing the Asian session. Sometimes they will be very accurate within a few pips - other times I can be 10 + pips out

With the markets being dynamic - every morning can be different - all I need to know is how the Asian session as performed and that might mean just 3 hrs pre European Open at 7 00 am - or if there as been important news on either the yen or Aussie dollar then I might need to go back all the way to midnight etc.

Unfortunately FX trading is never simple in a black and white sense - there will be always grey areas - set up deliberately to confuse and even create false sentiments to get traders in wrong trades

We are trading against super computers and the best financial brains in the world - if you think you can beat it consistently with a KISS type method - then I would have to disagree - its complex with many variables that have to come into the equation. I find my LiTs end up being self generated by my charts and then its a case whether the moves carry on past the opens - or whether they are false and reversals come in strongly.

I checked your profile Dave and see you have been interested in FX trading for many years and looking to find a great scalping method . Hopefully I can show you how my method will produce great results by combining time /levels / LRs/ PA etc - along with further "edges" through advanced money management and using tight stops in conjunction with stops then in profit area.

Its a step by step method and ideally I suggest trying just 3 quick LRs first before the 9 + set up - as that can confuse more for a start.

However if you are already an experienced scalper then maybe you will be able to progress more quickly - but for the members who have been following so far I try to teach them as not being experienced scalpers/ intraday traders - just basic intermediate level with 12 -18 months behind them of normal learning.

Hope that helps for a start and more to follow tomorrow

All the best

F

Status
Not open for further replies.