A Master Class in FX Intraday Trading by F & Co

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exited 91 - HL at 88 and turned scalp buy but needs back over 4902 to stay with

Did not make 96 and then fell again and I had not left any partial sell stake on - so basically missed out as its just tested 80 - shame - but atm I still expect to see more strength in Euro - its still in a bull price structure for US session atm

EU

2 35 PM

Under 0910 and still cannot scalp buys

Will it test main supports at 0900 and 0890 next ?

Can 0900 turn it back up ??

ATm - I dont know - but do know still in bull PS above 0890

Did not make 96 and then fell again and I had not left any partial sell stake on - so basically missed out as its just tested 80 - shame - but atm I still expect to see more strength in Euro - its still in a bull price structure for US session atm

EA

2 38 pm

Still wants to drop so scalp sold again at 71

supports at 4840 to 50

EA

2 52 pm

Its the odd euro cross pair - just testing 4840 now and still got 30% on the sell

EU and EJ have been trying to rise - but not so with EA

Now at 37 as i finish typing

EU

2 35 PM

Under 0910 and still cannot scalp buys

Will it test main supports at 0900 and 0890 next ?

Can 0900 turn it back up ??

ATm - I dont know - but do know still in bull PS above 0890

EU

2 43 pm

0905 price turned it and 2 36 pm was the scalp buy

3 07 pm

EU

over 30 mins from scalp buy and price now around 0950

This was my set up on chart

Any scalp buy above 0906 / 10 area was OK

208162d1449241594-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-eu-41215-pm-after-nfp.png

Attachments

• EU - 41215 PM after NFP.png
    EU - 41215 PM after NFP.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,055
Last edited:
3 30 pm

EU update

Under 0950 and 40 its back to scalp sell for now

Still in bullish PS but we need back over 0950 to be able to buy more

EA

2 52 pm

Its the odd euro cross pair - just testing 4840 now and still got 30% on the sell

EU and EJ have been trying to rise - but not so with EA

Now at 37 as i finish typing

EA

3 35 PM

So far the EA cannot make under 4820

We have just done a HL around 25 / 26 - so we might be seeing a turn again

Out 30% stake sell now - but not committed to scalp buying yet

Very slow really - so will pop back after 4 15 - 4 30 pm next

GL - made my quota for today - but thought there would be a lot more on offer this afternoon

Maybe there will be - but later on

EU - 4 30 pm Update

EU

Previous chart with buys above 0905 / 10

208162d1449241594-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-eu-41215-pm-after-nfp.png

Update chart with failure of making over 0950 and sells under 50 and 40 - as informed over 80 plus mins ago

208178d1449247103-master-class-fx-intraday-trading-f-co-eu-41215-pm-2.png

Attachments

• EU - 41215 pm 2.png
    EU - 41215 pm 2.png
    108.5 KB · Views: 821
The trouble now with the EU -

1 we need back over 0940 and 0950 for buying more for a try at 0980 and 1000

2. Under 0900 and 0890 we are bearish - BUT

3. We still have HH's above 0857 area - so we know - back over 0900 could mean look more at buys

4. I have a sell 30% stake on with stop in profit at 0913 - I will review that if we fail to drop under 0870 next

EA - Afternoon session so far

EA

2 38 pm

Still wants to drop so scalp sold again at 71

supports at 4840 to 50

EA

If I say 2 39/ 40 pm - then you should know when I have taken 70% of sell

EA

3 35 PM

So far the EA cannot make under 4820

We have just done a HL around 25 / 26 - so we might be seeing a turn again

Out 30% stake sell now - but not committed to scalp buying yet

EA

5 00 pm Update

So far its dropped down to 4773 area

I came out last 30% at 4820 and did not place any more sells on when i popped out so missed out on another 40 -55 pips on 30% stakes - shame - but a missed opportunity is of a far less concern than leaving a stop on not in profit - or taking a 10 or 15 pips loss by a spike etc.

This week as been very good - ie well over my weekly target on 100% stakes of 250 pips. Many weeks I can make over 400 + pips - but not many over 700 pips - for that to happen you need at least 2 really good days and then the other 3 trading days all well above average.

I noticed on another trading thread on FX a long term swing trader making over 1800 + pips in November - which is extremely good on under 7 trades or less

Trouble was - he admitted if you have 2% stake size on all his winning trades - you would still only make about 5% net for the whole month - on 1800+ pips - ie - shows how big his stops where and so even wins of 500+ pips were only RR's of 2 or less.

I worked out on 1800 pips in a month - on 5 pips being anything from 0.2 to 0 5% of my capital account - lets say 0 3% average - then I would have made 120% gain - yes extremely good - unbelievable to the masses - who try and compare to Hedge Funds with billions etc etc.

I then thought OK - 1800 pips in a month ( Yes all achievable) I would have at least 1500 pips on 30% stake size - so there my 0 3% stake size would then be just 0.1 % stake risk

Therefore on 1500 pips x 0.1% stakes per 5 pips = 30% account increase

300 pips on 0.3% stake per 5 pips = 18% account increase - so total together = 48% increase in a month .

Until you really get your head around my method and its so many advantages - I can understand why so many thinks - its all impossible - ie low risk - super high return etc etc.

I just hope more traders find out what i mean and enjoy their returns

(y)

Have a great weekend - will pop back in later

All the best

F

Last edited:
The trouble now with the EU -

1 we need back over 0940 and 0950 for buying more for a try at 0980 and 1000

2. Under 0900 and 0890 we are bearish - BUT

3. We still have HH's above 0857 area - so we know - back over 0900 could mean look more at buys

4. I have a sell 30% stake on with stop in profit at 0913 - I will review that if we fail to drop under 0870 next

EU

Nearly a couple of hrs later - EU dropped to 0837 and then bounced back above 60

Moved my 30% stop in profit down to 0881 now from 0913

Hope to close it lower before end of US session

Hey all

Couldn't sleep last night so been surfing the web

Something that strikes me a lot is the difference between being a profitable trader and being a profitable trader that makes exceptionally good,returns

Let us assume that as a trader,you respect and mange your trading capital,using acknowledged % allocation principles (1-3%)

Let's also assume you are getting 60%+. Regarding win rates ......more,the better remember !!

Unless you make significant numbers of trades on a daily basis you can never make a decent return on capital in a weekly monthly or indeed annual timeframe .....

Full stop

This is meant as no disrespect,to hobbyist traders who trade higher timeframes or hedge fund managers but it's true.........a million dollars a year income sounds great to someone with a $5k capital pot......"..but if it's only a 2% return for example based on low volume trading then it's not going to pay the rent ......once that performance translates into $100 a year return !.......Buy a Yacht on that :smart:

Day trading is not for the faint hearted .....but in my opinion it's the only way to make money from low, capital bases .......something that also allows,you not to leave too much in the hands,of the brokers at any one time

N

Last edited:
Hey all

Couldn't sleep last night so been surfing the web

Something that strikes me a lot is the difference between being a profitable trader and being a profitable trader that makes exceptionally good,returns

Let us assume that as a trader,you respect and mange your trading capital,using acknowledged % allocation principles (1-3%)

Let's also assume you are getting 60%+. Regarding win rates ......more,the better remember !!

Unless you make significant numbers of trades on a daily basis you can never make a decent return on capital in a weekly monthly or indeed annual timeframe .....

Full stop

This is meant as no disrespect,to hobbyist traders who trade higher timeframes or hedge fund managers but it's true.........a million dollars a year income sounds great to someone with a $5k capital pot......"..but if it's only a 2% return for example based on low volume trading then it's not going to pay the rent ......once that performance translates into $100 a year return !.......Buy a Yacht on that :smart:

Day trading is not for the faint hearted .....but in my opinion it's the only way to make money from low, capital bases .......something that also allows,you not to leave too much in the hands,of the brokers at any one time

N

Morning N

Just watched that video you posted on FX Viper. I had heard of that guy and it was interesting to find out more about him and his set up etc. You can tell he professional with the amount he's spent on his home set up - along with his battery back's ups and different computers for his special clients etc. With regards to actually trading in his Range Rover on his Sat Nav screen at approx 3 30 pm US time - that's like 8 30 pm UK time - and normally the market is slow and boring then - but as he said he did not want to be stuck in a trade over the weekend with Cad news out early Monday Am.

Also he said he no longer trades London - which I can understand with the time difference - it makes us realise how lucky we are living in the UK and having the pick of the main trading day etc. Thanks for sharing that N

With regards to day trading - remember the Industry ( the commercial Trading world ) does not want really retail day traders to be successful - and so what better way to discourage them - by getting out false information about you cannot trade the "noise" and intraday movements - it's all too random and you will have low success etc etc.

What rubbish - trouble is as you say intraday trading is not for inexperienced newbies - unless you got the screen time and the years of study behind you - you will fail - whether you find out in just 1 month or 1 year.

So many longer term traders kid themselves - yes just trading a few hrs a week sounds ideal if you have another job etc - but the trading cannot be looked upon as a part time hobby - you cannot be a "little or part pregnant " -or a part time surgeon after a 3 months course ( lol) - you either learn properly and understand PA from its conception etc and know you will be either 3 to 7+ years learning part time - or at least 2 to 3 yrs if you can spend 40 hrs a week intraday trading.

I dont know N whether you checked out Grey1 and his stock trading ?

Its chalk and cheese with FX - but there are similarities on how you intraday trade.

Great if you have one or two brilliant trades and you can stop after 1 hr - but as we both know everyday is different and so unless you can fit it the required number of trades to make your targets - then its not doing to work.

For traders to be successful with just 2 or 3 trades a day is difficult everyday.

As you know I normally need 10 to 20 trades over a day. Some days - yes if my first 6 scalps are all good and earn well - I am there but other days If I said I am going to stop after 5 trades and I got 3 or 4 wrong - I would have a losing day - and still have maybe another 4 or 8 hrs to change that.

That's why you need the numbers - when I take 18 or 22 trades in a day it because of only 2 reasons - ie 1 - I am either having a bad session with 5 or more losses and my wins are small - so I need the trade numbers to get there - ie 18 trades and still only just make 40 -50 pips

Or

I am on a roll - the market is busy - I am in my trading zone - everything is going well and i want to make "hay whilst the sun shine" and so my 18 trades might make me triple by normal daily target etc.

So if you have a method that means it difficult to take more than 3 trades a day - i pity you really - long term its not going to produce really what you want in terms of returns etc . Fine if you are happy with 20 -40% annual return ( if you lucky) but its not going to make you much money unless you have a half a million plus live account.

A full time intraday trader with a $25k to $50K live capital account can make a decent return - enough to be just making a living with working 15 to 40 hrs a week . If you cannot get more than $25k together then really you should not try and go full time - because the average salary in UK is under £28k ($42k) and so you need to be able to at least earn that in your early few years full time.

For a $80 k or £50k annual earning capability - You don't need $200K or $400K + capital account if you are successful at intraday - but you have to be really good to make it with a $50k account - but I can assure you - you can do it - much to the annoyance of what the industry don't want you to know .

Everybody goes on about dodgy vendors and scammers and bad trading course and then forget the actual industry is full of banksters and bar stewards who just lie and deceive and totally rip naive retail traders off - day in day out.

That's one of the reasons 80 -90% or whatever the figures are fail - its not just because they don't put the work in or are not suitable - they are mislead by the whole industry

That's my rant over N - time to read the Sunday papers lol

Regards

F

Monday 7th December 2015 - Pre Opens

Good Morning to all FX Intraday Traders

The start of the second week in December - and what a first one!!!!

Not a lot of red news today - in fact something pending with no actual time on the Yen and the BOE Gov speaking on the UK Pound at 3 00pm

Unfortunately not around much first thing this morning - got 2 separate appointments that mean instead of getting in a normal 3 to 4 hrs before lunchtime - I might only get just over 90 mins - if that - and that will be just in a couple of split sessions.

Welcome all FX charts and comments - calls - ideas etc as normal

EU is in small range atm - we need back over 0900 for taking more scalp buys etc or under 0850 and 35 for the EU to go down into a bear bias session

EA as been a sell from after 6 16/17 am at 4826 area - but supports above 4810 for now

GU was scalp buy after 6 21 am - but all fairly slow for now

Have a good day and will pop in and comment when I can

Dont forget to work out your LiTs areas

All the best

F

7 00 am

EO

First 45 mins for me and I made 18 pips net in total on EA scalp sell and GU scalp buy

I expected spikey movements on the hr so came out both a couple of mins beforehand

Let's see how this hour pans out - although I am only around for maybe 25 mins of that period

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.