ZuluTrade

thats the point,thats how I picked most of them. Most of the ones with 40% win rate and winners bigger than losers are behind,which is why trading is so hard and zulu followers go for win %

I see. Well, then drawdowns should be temporary and things should get back to better for them and for your portfolio. Wish you that!

maybe but i doubt it,two of the providers are not doing what i call trading,they are pissing in the wind.Its just interest really,i cant see myself ever following unless it was a long term performance that beat my own.

maybe but i doubt it,two of the providers are not doing what i call trading,they are pissing in the wind.Its just interest really,i cant see myself ever following unless it was a long term performance that beat my own.

Oh, I see... Analyzing provider's performance is quite a craft on itself it seems, to distinguish those with solid approach from gamblers relying on luck.

Oh, I see... Analyzing provider's performance is quite a craft on itself it seems, to distinguish those with solid approach from gamblers relying on luck.

sure is and when youve done that you still find those that have a good record soon ahve a bad run and then go to pieces

sure is and when youve done that you still find those that have a good record soon ahve a bad run and then go to pieces

Yea, using signal providers one sure better hedge them against each other, creating a sort of a hedge fund for him/herself.

Yea, using signal providers one sure better hedge them against each other, creating a sort of a hedge fund for him/herself.

I also try to do that, trying to 'hedge' with SPs with opposite pairs, of course whenever possible

I also try to do that, trying to 'hedge' with SPs with opposite pairs, of course whenever possible

Yea, picking a few SP's with as uncorrelated markets and strategies as possible is definitely the sanest way to use Zulutrade IMO. (y)

true!! thanks for the kind words ! after so many months of writing this in many discussions I actually thought it was a lost case, since all were reacting like i was talking rocket science :confused:

true!! thanks for the kind words ! after so many months of writing this in many discussions I actually thought it was a lost case, since all were reacting like i was talking rocket science :confused:

Ha, it probably is rocket science for many. :)

But the idea itself is very bright, literally allows anyone create his/her own micro-fund of strategies these days.

My strategy for example is small risk/small profit generally. Average goal is like 100 pips a month, which seems little, but one must consider average loss is only like 10 pips too and a streak of 4-5 full losses is relatively rare, so one can safely use 10:1 or even 20:1 leverage and still keep the risk small.

Follower better consider all these variables when choosing signal providers, so it's really not as easy as pick them randomly and enjoy the cash flow. :D

Ha, it probably is rocket science for many. :)

But the idea itself is very bright, literally allows anyone create his/her own micro-fund of strategies these days.

thank you!! i've got the idea from the Markovitz study on stocks differentiations, did the math and was like ooohhh this might work..though somewhat could not isolate the random walk of the traders, as it is not random at all, so then i gave up on it since i got nb to disccuss it with.
I really like your strategy! I think being risk-averse is better than having a margin of like 200%. (y)

thank you!! i've got the idea from the Markovitz study on stocks differentiations, did the math and was like ooohhh this might work..though somewhat could not isolate the random walk of the traders, as it is not random at all, so then i gave up on it since i got nb to disccuss it with.
I really like your strategy! I think being risk-averse is better than having a margin of like 200%. (y)

Would be cool to plot a chart of your fund at least for some period. :)

As for the margin, it's closely tied to other risk management parameters. I encourage up to 1:20 margin (and trade for myself on up to 1:30 on certain setups), but stops are tight, so losses never exceed 1-3% of account.

Leverage is like any other sharp tool: can be powerful in the right hands, but one better not let kids play with the real sword, ha. :LOL:

demo account now down nearly 10%.there all short usd and just leaving it,thats not trading to me

It always surprised me what makes some people so desperately fight the trend... Why not go and fight the running train as well? :cheesy:

It always surprised me what makes some people so desperately fight the trend... Why not go and fight the running train as well? :cheesy:

i also think there too worried because followers do not like losing trade or drawdown and want a very smooth equity curve.

i also think there too worried because followers do not like losing trade or drawdown and want a very smooth equity curve.

Well, that's flawed tactics, because it's IMO better have fewer followers who understand trading does have losses and drawdowns than try to be cute and have no losses, which eventually leads to a total disaster more often than always. :)

Well, that's flawed tactics, because it's IMO better have fewer followers who understand trading does have losses and drawdowns than try to be cute and have no losses, which eventually leads to a total disaster more often than always. :)

totally agree but most dont think like that,that is why they are followers and not traders

totally agree but most dont think like that,that is why they are followers and not traders

True. Uncertainty and inevitable losses are reasons most can't trade psychologically, while it's relatively simple business technically.

yes but then fewer followers fewer trades fewer commissions, no?
commissions is actually a great deal of trading bahavior as well, unfortunatelly :|

yes but then fewer followers fewer trades fewer commissions, no?
commissions is actually a great deal of trading bahavior as well, unfortunatelly :|

Yes, sure. From short-term point of view sucking in as many followers as possible pays off.

But I try to play a bit differently and build long-term reputation and money management business, not just grab some quick bucks fully understanding the cost of it is probably less short-term profit.

Have several potential clients who are in the process of providing some decent money to manage it directly (through a broker's money management platform, not through Zulutrade), those are surely interested in consistency, not roller-coaster trading-gambling. :)