ZuluTrade

why is this a problem? can you explain pls? :-0 this is more or less the lest of any concerns...

IP for Intellectual Property. When the list of trades is exposed; some can work out the strategy; and hence as an SP I will lose profitability in the future as other SPs will pick it up.

i.e. you can work out that most Zulu SPs are using Martingale strategy.

Guys with regards to collective,maybe one of you can answer this question for me.It takes about 10 hrs to get a response from them. If I set my account at $20,000 does that mean that anyone wanting to use it will need to have $20,000 to participate or can they use less. If someone wants to use $40,000 will I get twice my fee? thanks

IP for Intellectual Property. When the list of trades is exposed; some can work out the strategy; and hence as an SP I will lose profitability in the future as other SPs will pick it up.

Riiiiiiiiight!!! you quite a point here......:sneaky: me dummy thought of a ip address :eek:
What can you do at that direction? i am sure there is a way you can go around and hide your strategy, correct?

I think your worrying over nothing. If your system works then you will build up a following and any guy starting out will be way behind you. Im not a believer of fixed strategies as they tend to give larger draw downs and are seasonal,but then again,ive never really looked for one

Riiiiiiiiight!!! you quite a point here......:sneaky: me dummy thought of a ip address :eek:
What can you do at that direction? i am sure there is a way you can go around and hide your strategy, correct?

correct; usually randomization will do.

another way is to mix up couple or more strategies onto one; and generate signals that way.

I think your worrying over nothing. If your system works then you will build up a following and any guy starting out will be way behind you. Im not a believer of fixed strategies as they tend to give larger draw downs and are seasonal,but then again,ive never really looked for one

i guess you have a point if the strategy is discretionary. but if it's automated; there will be a pattern.

Alphadude,
Instead of going through all the hassle associated with zulu trade why don't you simply get a following here. Simply run a mt4 account and display it on myfxbook,
People will be more than happy to pay for subscription.
Actually, I don't know why all you traders on this thread don't do it, from your past posts it clear you are all good traders.

Alphadude,
Instead of going through all the hassle associated with zulu trade why don't you simply get a following here. Simply run a mt4 account and display it on myfxbook,
Actually, I don't know why all you traders on this thread don't do it, from your past posts it clear you are all good traders.

I have a whole thread where my trades are called live,I wouldnt trust fxbook and pages could be changed. Best way to do it is on zulu and show your results here if one desires.

Alphadude,

good point. the only drawback is the large amount of work required to keep the SP service going; such as:
- make sure the automation is all happening flawlessly;
- monitor client accounts to make sure the slippage is not too great
- keep clients happy; and answer their questions; and do some education to make sure they allocate the correct risk
- technical issues: need to link my system with MT4 or site API. At the moment my system is written in house using Java. Need to do some linking.

This thread did provide me some motivation to do it. hopefully will prep for a lunch soon. am looking for at least a couple of months from now

if you are discretionary (like Flashheart); it will be much easier to go live.

I have a whole thread where my trades are called live,I wouldnt trust fxbook and pages could be changed. Best way to do it is on zulu and show your results here if one desires.

The point of the mt4 account would be so that people can follow your trades in an easier manner.
I don't think, you have to worry about pages being changed or fxbook being manipulated. we don't even need to go down that road where you are concerned.

I believe you have built up a very good reputation, on this forum so the question of mistrust simply does not come up.

The point of the mt4 account would be so that people can follow your trades in an easier manner.
I don't think, you have to worry about pages being changed or fxbook being manipulated. we don't even need to go down that road where you are concerned.

I believe you have built up a very good reputation, on this forum so the question of mistrust simply does not come up.

I agree totally with LordFlashheart, if not externally regulated (and this means being seriously) trust is an elusive issue and one should not give it that easily. Not saying anything agaist the website - myfxbook has some really cool issues i use myself but i wouldnt put my trust so easily, today it is free, tom you might turn and tell us - we are charing you for showing your results and 'brinding you trafic' :sneaky: - not saying that this will happen but, it is a popular sneaky practise done quite often. Add up all the complication dicsussed above .....

Guys with regards to collective,maybe one of you can answer this question for me.It takes about 10 hrs to get a response from them. If I set my account at $20,000 does that mean that anyone wanting to use it will need to have $20,000 to participate or can they use less. If someone wants to use $40,000 will I get twice my fee? thanks

Followers set their account size and the trade lots are scaled accordingly. As an alternative, followers can specify a % scale figure so their risk can actually be much higher or lower than yours. Account balance has no bearing on your commission rate/fees. You are free to charge whatever you wish but if you set your fees too high traders with small accounts won't follow you because they would never make money.

Peter

I agree totally with LordFlashheart, if not externally regulated (and this means being seriously) trust is an elusive issue and one should not give it that easily. Not saying anything agaist the website - myfxbook has some really cool issues i use myself but i wouldnt put my trust so easily, today it is free, tom you might turn and tell us - we are charing you for showing your results and 'brinding you trafic' :sneaky: - not saying that this will happen but, it is a popular sneaky practise done quite often. Add up all the complication dicsussed above .....[/QU[/SIZE][/FONT

The only suggestion for myfxbook is because its the easiest one to follow
and the Op has control.
The problem with the live trades thread was it was soon taken over by so many trying to impress with their own systems and it was a job trying to find the good traders calls amongest all the hay.

I agree totally with LordFlashheart, if not externally regulated (and this means being seriously) trust is an elusive issue and one should not give it that easily. Not saying anything agaist the website - myfxbook has some really cool issues i use myself but i wouldnt put my trust so easily, today it is free, tom you might turn and tell us - we are charing you for showing your results and 'brinding you trafic' :sneaky: - not saying that this will happen but, it is a popular sneaky practise done quite often. Add up all the complication dicsussed above .....[/QU[/SIZE][/FONT

and the Op has control.
The problem with the live trades thread was it was soon taken over by so many trying to impress with their own systems and it was a job trying to find the good traders calls amongest all the hay.

Most of them can't even impress for more than 1 or 2 trades. Those idiots come and go. The traders that have been there for a while either know what they are doing or have a genuine interest in learning or improving their trading.

Peter

wow this discussion has grown a lot , i really like reading the comments here though i would definetely prefer to see action in zulutrade , show us your good trading people , we are all wating

and the Op has control.

so basically a good trader can hardly be distinguished, if thats what you are implying, then the use of this type of sistem is not better to zulutrade, for example, at least there there is a ranking that indicate more or less who's decent enough to be followed.Plus im sure one can make more money there, as per previously discussed. dunno why but whatever trader ive seen with my fxbook stats always gave me the losser notion (w\t offending anyb here that actually like the system).

wow this discussion has grown a lot , i really like reading the comments here though i would definetely prefer to see action in zulutrade , show us your good trading people , we are all wating

coming soon... i will wait for Lord Flasheart to go first..:)