Winter blues Trading 2011/12

When I was thinking long on Swissy, yesterday, I was not looking at the fundamentals, but the chart but, if one thinks about it, the Swiss franc has to be one of the safe havens in currencies, doesn't it? Those getting out of the dollar, pound and euro would be looking to CHF. I wonder how Norway is managing?

Theres been so much fundamentals stuff lately it has been playing on my mind.I always try and look purely at charts otherwise I start to get confused. You can always argue things both ways.Look at euro funnymentals lately. Solving the Greece problem should have been a real strength for it,but that is not the case,it shot up to a technical level and has plummeted since,and that was before news of referendum. Ill probably find I'm right about chf but had lines and entry point wrong. Being right is one thing and being able to trade it is another. I think the real safe haven is gold or the commodity pairs

Attachments

• 2011-11-01_1522.png
    2011-11-01_1522.png
    49.5 KB · Views: 126
ok closed now

5386 on FTSE long = - 18 (double stake so -36)
11703 on DOW short = + 112

net + 76

mm, well here we are with FTSE back at 5386
and DOW 11649 - that's 54 below where it was last time

FTSE strong relatively indeed today after a weak couple of hours to start

jon

ps: i know you guys are forex fans and give damn all about ftse/dow but I wonder if the ftse strength maintains it might be good for cable over the next few days?

ps: i know you guys are forex fans and give damn all about ftse/dow but I wonder if the ftse strength maintains it might be good for cable over the next few days?

we'll entertain you as your presense will keep the spammers and idiots as away.:cheesy:

Seriously though its all good although its the charts i'm a fan of more then anything else, put up one of those from time to time and i'm sure i'll be able to follow.

As for my ej trade its gone tits up, was looking to get out at +2 just before 4pm but I hesitated and now its gone offside, limit order in at B.E.

My stop has gone. Net loss on two trades 24 points.

I'll have to re-think :sneaky:

I'll have to go back to Footsie, I think, Jon.

we'll entertain you as your presense will keep the spammers and idiots as away.:cheesy:

Seriously though its all good although its the charts i'm a fan of more then anything else, put up one of those from time to time and i'm sure i'll be able to follow.

As for my ej trade its gone tits up, was looking to get out at +2 just before 4pm but I hesitated and now its gone offside, limit order in at B.E.

not much point in posting ftse/dow charts since only interested in relative performance - not direction

however here's cable so as to give you a nice pic

daily for minor support zone
and M5 for trade I've just demo'd at 1.5951 on the assumption of a break out of that zone. stop1.5930

Attachments

• j(2).gif
    j(2).gif
    9.8 KB · Views: 134
  • vacs.gif
    vacs.gif
    12.8 KB · Views: 149
Will be monitoring this, best of luck mate, i've recently returned also :D

morning all,

all my setups occurred before i got home this morning so currently flat and waiting.

Same here been here since 6.45 and found nothing,the brutal moves and interventions have played havoc with my charts

If I was home at 7 am I would have been alright unfortunately I don't get in till gone 8 am.