Who actually makes a decent living out of trading...!?

I didn't know a BSD like you need to copy other people's trades.

What about you ? I don't believe I ever saw you post anything up.

You've never seen me post anything? Come on Joe, I post lots of things. For example, I posted how you are banned from every park and gentlemen's lavatory in the country for "persistent acts of lewdness and outraging public decency".

Do you remove them by hand or use herbicides?

I use a non-conventional strategy of removal by hand then indiscriminately carpet bomb with grass seeds. It should be immediately apparent that I know what I am talking about and why the odds are in my favour. I believe strongly in shifting the fundamentals my way through irresistible creeping advances.

You've never seen me post anything? Come on Joe, I post lots of things. For example, I posted how you are banned from every park and gentlemen's lavatory in the country for "persistent acts of lewdness and outraging public decency".

I admit, you do post a lot of lavatory themed stuff. But I wouldn't call that a comfortable way to make a living. I believe your former fear is still overwhelmingly holding you back.

define decent. I have 3 or 4 holidays a year pay utilities upfront for the year and can live in Florida for 6 months. Ive met many that make more money but then they seem to have no time

define decent. I have 3 or 4 holidays a year pay utilities upfront for the year and can live in Florida for 6 months. Ive met many that make more money but then they seem to have no time

Well, let's define a very simple metric. A pre-tax average profit of £500/$500 a day, at today's buying power, would allow you hold off finding a job for a while, assuming you don't have large financial commitments. So this figure can be used as the most basic target. If you go much beyond that then comfortable living of a typical joe (such as the vast majority of people using this site) is within sight.

Not entirely happy Pboyles.

It would be nice if you can post live calls for at least a month to prove consistency. I would follow/copy them in order to make an accurate assessment.

Good idea?

Ive no intention of posting live calls or of becoming a vendor.

I use a non-conventional strategy of removal by hand then indiscriminately carpet bomb with grass seeds. It should be immediately apparent that I know what I am talking about and why the odds are in my favour. I believe strongly in shifting the fundamentals my way through irresistible creeping advances.

What makes you so sure BJ?
Is it the edge?

That's a shame.:(

I've tried my best.

Well here's something you can look at. Go to forexfactory.com and look at their calendar for the past few months. Pick out all the important US news releases, they are the red ones. Forget about all the other news items. Put the important ones into a spreadsheet. Then load up the e mini S&P futures chart and look back at what happened each time a news release was substantially better or worse than expected. You'll see that in the vast majority of cases you could have made money.

Of course this won't work for spreadbetting or forex as the broker will kill you with slippage or freeze you when you try to get out.

Well here's something you can look at. Go to forexfactory.com and look at their calendar for the past few months. Pick out all the important US news releases, they are the red ones. Forget about all the other news items. Put the important ones into a spreadsheet. Then load up the e mini S&P futures chart and look back at what happened each time a news release was substantially better or worse than expected. You'll see that in the vast majority of cases you could have made money.

Of course this won't work for spreadbetting or forex as the broker will kill you with slippage or freeze you when you try to get out.

Thanks. You have described an entire strategy without fanfare. That's the true mark of a winner. Salutations.

Thanks. You have described an entire strategy without fanfare. That's the true mark of a winner. Salutations.

Ok and just one more thing, if there are two or three important releases at the same time you need to be careful and perhaps not trade unless they agree. So if one is better than expected and the other worse then give it a miss. Anyhow that's what I'd do.

Well, let's define a very simple metric. A pre-tax average profit of £500/$500 a day, at today's buying power, would allow you hold off finding a job for a while, assuming you don't have large financial commitments. So this figure can be used as the most basic target. If you go much beyond that then comfortable living of a typical joe (such as the vast majority of people using this site) is within sight.

Ah then going off 2010/11 tax year Im not making it:(

Slow reader, eh Joe? Never mind, it just takes practice.

I prefer getting at the current practice instead of the outdated stuff in books. This is why I am weeding out the BS'ers for the good stuff. There is gold in them BS if you know what to do with 'em.

I prefer getting at the current practice instead of the outdated stuff in books. This is why I am weeding out the BS'ers for the good stuff. There is gold in them BS if you know what to do with 'em.

You've got that right, there's definitely gold in bullsh1t.