Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

RUDEBOY said:
Does anybody using this thread keep a record of the Dow comp, by looking at the sentiment and comparing it with the price each week? If so, could the results be traded (profitably)? I think i'll have a look into it.

Regretably I missed last month's figures ( perhaps someone noted them ? )
but up until then we had:-
1st twiggytwo 50 points
2nd counter violent 47 points
3rd dc 2000 39 points

Hope this is of some help

June Stats

The stock market has risen just 3 times in the last 15 years in June. All small gains at that.

Pat494 said:
The stock market has risen just 3 times in the last 15 years in June. All small gains at that.
Hi Pat - Nice & sunny today !

Are you just referring to the Dow or does this include the SPX & NDX too ?
Either way do you have the stats to elaborate a little further ?

Joules Sir
I was wondering what your opinion on the current consolidation is sir,first off i thought
it was a bearish ascending Broadening triangle,now it seems to be evolving into a flat cap type sir, even more bearish ,what do you think sir,75% chance down sir.
Got the Trin and volume charts look interesting.Must fly got to walk the doggies.

Socrates, are you predicting an upside break out or do you think the bull phase might come to an end with a downwards break out? I'm surprised the Dow has had such a big reaction to one company's news. I think it will wait for the weeks economic data before a break out.

Pat494 said:
Regretably I missed last month's figures ( perhaps someone noted them ? )
but up until then we had:-
1st twiggytwo 50 points
2nd counter violent 47 points
3rd dc 2000 39 points

Hope this is of some help

Hi if you look at the Dow Comp for this week you will find that C/V and I both think the Dow will close the week up, I only trade the Dow index ,spread betting it ,( last 4 years ) if you look at Socrates excellent post on the thread about using stops you will see why I endeavour to trade only one Instrument .
Soccs says the Instrument will talk to you.
I agree with him, but I put it this way --I feel am in the zone, it is very hard to stay in the zone and if I am away from the Market for a week, : it takes me 4 weeks to find the door again. :rolleyes:
Regards to all

Nice short sharp move there bringing INDU to the top of the recant range. Nasdaq lagging this move at the moment. Internals on both markets are bullish, more so on NYSE.
Total volume levels have picked up from earlier levels which were lagging Fridays pace, but not with the surge I would have expected if we were going to breakout here. Lack of conviction.

How rare is a 40 million+ volume spike because there is one at 3:41 and they are obviously nearly all buying

rrtech said:
Socrates, are you predicting an upside break out or do you think the bull phase might come to an end with a downwards break out? I'm surprised the Dow has had such a big reaction to one company's news. I think it will wait for the weeks economic data before a break out.
North.

roguetrader said:
rrtech
May I ask what instrument that is on?
Thanx

advfn.com intraday charts, there is now another volume spike exactly the same size and they are all short I think

rrtech said:
advfn.com intraday charts, there is now another volume spike exactly the same size and they are all short I think

Thanx, rrtech looking at my charts for NYSE and Nasdaq total volume I see no overly significant spikes, nor on INDU, so not sure what volume you are looking at.

rrtech said:

Maybe they're the ones who sold to the longs earlier ;) (tongue in cheek smilie needed yet again)

Dow should breakout of this consolidation 10400 - 10600 this week. It's triple witching on Friday and there are always quite strong moves prior to the expiry date.

Nice intraday long on the Dow today at 10540, stopped out by my trailing stop at 10575, for 35pts. Got a stop long at 10605 just in case..... !

Now short on the NDX and looking to go short on the Dow below 10460.

New DJIA Divisor

Due to UTX stock split on 6/10/2005 the new DJIA divisor is now

Click here for an explanation of the role of the DJIA divisor in calculating the DJIA inde
www.cbot.com