Where is the Dow & others heading in 2005?

user said:
Ask will hill...I can't see it happening although they are making some progress...

I reckon who ever comes into power, conservatives or labour, they will only last one term.

Can't see that the Tories have a cat in hells chance of winning this election. The best that they can hope for is to reduce Labours majority through tactical voting in the marginals for themselves or Lib Dems.

Brown will lead them next time around - 12 years is a long time in government for any party - but I guess it will depend on the economy and who the Tory leader is then. Most swing voters tend to vote against rather than for someone (i.e. against Kinnock in 92 not for Major).

FetteredChinos said:
depends if Gordon Brown utters those words.....

He already did just that according Robert Preston in his Biography of Brown published in January. It has Brown telling Blair to his face "There is nothing you could ever say to me now that I could ever believe."

Brown has not denied he said it either - though, for electoral purposes, they are both gritting their teeth trying to give the impression of everlasting love and respect for each other.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1437101,00.html

peterpr said:
He already did just that according Robert Preston in his Biography of Brown published in January. It has Brown telling Blair to his face "There is nothing you could ever say to me now that I could ever believe."

Brown has not denied he said it either - though, for electoral purposes, they are both gritting their teeth trying to give the impression of everlasting love and respect for each other.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1437101,00.html

Thats because they both need each other now. Labour has to win for Brown to subsequently become PM.

roguetrader said:
They been a bad bad boy again another $1bln in false accounting announced by US Attourney

Yesterdays AIG news.

AIG said to find more flaws in books
By Greg Morcroft, MarketWatch
Last Update: 4:20 PM ET April 26, 2005

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- American International Group -- under scrutiny for using transactions to improve its financial condition -- has uncovered at least $1 billion more in accounting problems, according to a published report.

The New York Times reported the news Tuesday, sourcing people who had been briefed on the company's investigation.

AIG shares fell 1.3% and closed at $51.07.

Last month, AIG concluded that some of its reinsurance accounting was "improper" and masked the company's true financial condition, inflating the value of shareholders' equity by as much as $1.7 billion.

And, both the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times said Tuesday that a separate report being put together by AIG's lawyers outlines several ways that top management was able to skirt established financial controls. Read full story in the Wall Street Journal

An internal review is progressing as a law firm completes its investigative report on who at AIG (AIG: news, chart, profile) was responsible for certain questionable transactions, and the accounting of those transactions, the Times reported. An AIG spokesman declined to comment.

The latest reports follow word on Monday that the state insurance regulator of Florida subpoenaed at least 17 companies late last week as part of an investigation into the potential abuse of finite reinsurance.

Regulators including New York Attorney General Eliot Spitzer and the Securities and Exchange Commission are now investigating whether some companies have used the products to manipulate their financial statements.

The probes precipitated the departure of longtime AIG Chief Executive Maurice "Hank" Greenberg and also have touched Berkshire Chairman Warren Buffett, who was called in for questioning as a witness earlier this month.

Dax just above crucial 4180 level, it dipped below this briefly a few days ago but bounced quickly. If fails then next stop 4000

Look at chart of MCX (FTSE 250) now failed and lower low today down 89 at 6864

and out at 10,135 for +109

+184 for the week at the moment (+240 from last week) 5 wins from 5..

if only it was always like this..

right.. next order is a long at 10,087, and then another long to bring us up to full whack at 10,057.

stops 9920 :eek: (more a catastrophe stop. might well exit sooner)

FC

rationale for long levels

half weekly range from friday close.

might start testing on the weekly open to see if that improves things further...

Dow down 21 so far, dax down 58, 250 down 95...

it's a crash, it's a crash, yippee! oops I mean oh dear, how terrible for the economies

will the big flying plane take the market up today.fox news the biggest clown in the bissiness

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--Demand for expensive manufactured goods fell during March for the third straight month, taking a broad-based, surprise drop that marked its biggest decline in more than two years.
Durable-goods orders decreased a seasonally adjusted 2.8% to $194.03 billion last month after falling 0.2% in February, the Commerce Department said Wednesday. February demand was earlier estimated rising 0.5%. January orders dropped 1.2%.
March orders for non-defense capital goods excluding aircraft - a barometer of business spending - fell 4.7%, after a 2.5% decrease in February.
The 2.8% drop in durables was the biggest decline since a 6.0% move down in September 2002 and it surprised Wall Street. A Dow Jones-CNBC survey of 21 economists had predicted orders would climb by 0.3%.
The durable goods numbers are some of the most volatile economic data reported by the government. Estimates are routinely revised, sometimes sharply. Analysts, therefore, caution against using the monthly figures when trying to tell which way the U.S. economy is going.
Signs of the manufacturing sector's path have been mixed. A report by the Federal Reserve's Bank of Philadelphia showed manufacturing activity in the mid-Atlantic surged during April. The bank's business activity index rose to 25.3 from 11.4 in March. But the Fed's Empire State manufacturing survey turned down to 3.1 from March's 20.2.

rider said:
will the big flying plane take the market up today.

Looks like it's fallen from the sky, and the dow is following. Futs at 10120, glad I went short at the morning highs ;)

right, if we open below 10,100, there is a slight change of plan...

will be entering a short order at 10,120 with a target of 10,050, and a stop of 10,170

crap R/R i know. but thats the method. selling/buying bounces/dips in direction of pattern.

target of 10,050 might well be exceeded, but all depends on the open and initial action.

2.30 will be interesting.

Last edited:
Ow look at that MCX, now down 113!
Dax now below that critical 4180 and not looking inclined to bounce