What ever happened to...

Racer

Words like
Finished
Why do we have to have done... arrrghh

Done, what is done... no it isn't until it is finished...

meetups?

What every happened to meetings? If you are going down a hill to the event do you meetdown?

As for through or even thru! date to date? Can you spear them with things,..ah confusion.. dates aren't things to eat, dates are days of the month... from not through!

:)

any other words we need to rescue as endangered species?

In Yorkshire one might trade 2.30 while 9.00 :) That's quite sweet.

Have is endangered, as in:

"Have you got any doughnuts?"
"Yes I do!"

That annoys me for some reason, but it is economical of letter I suppose.

The one thing that really bugs me these days is the way people end most of their sentences with an intonation which suggests a question. It is probably trendy but it sounds bloody stupid.

Salty Gibbon said:
The one thing that really bugs me these days is the way people end most of their sentences with an intonation which suggests a question. It is probably trendy but it sounds bloody stupid.

This is typically a South African/Aussie/US thing, as I have found on my travels. Bloody annoying as you say, but try going to a bar in London and not hearing it! :rolleyes:

-TPO.

I am not that keen on putting "at the end of the day" at the end of every other sentence. But I suppose I have to put up with it, at the end of the day.

My pet hate is people saying 'absolutely' when they mean 'Yes'.

For example :

"Did you have a good time today ?"
"Absolutely"

And I hate it even more when I catch myself saying it !!!!

Ivor

:devilish: ... and all those nouns turned into verbs. "She medalled at the Olympics" or "He podiumed at Imola" or "I threaded on T2W" or...................... :devilish:

Whatever happened to CJ12 ??

I am going through 1-2-3 patterns over next couple of days, and I do recall he had his own quirk of trading something similar.
He posted consistently with a very good track record.

Anybody know where he has got to ?
thanks