Weekly forecast for S&P 500 cash 2011

We had a nice bounce off support last Tuesday and Wednesday, so I think we'll test the recent high this week and settle the week around the 200 day moving average.

So 1275 for me please Pat

Put me down for 1280. Momentum is with the bulls on this one, but they face some stiff resistance at 1300 so I think it'll settle at 1280 by the end of the week.

Not very scientific, but it's how I see it.

First off, welcome VielGeld to this thread, and agree with you over rising momentum.
Im not expecting wild moves for this coming week, tepid churning may be, shall price levitate and try to breach 1290? will be shy to do it, so my bet is 1284 for me, Pat.
Hope everybody is making money off this big last drop.
Take a glimpse on this share CX Basic Chart | Cemex, S.A.B. de C.V. Sponsored Stock - Yahoo! Finance
Got it under three dollars, fully long, and due to its perspectives, I expect it at around 6 dollars for year end. Im trading mexican cemex, not this one, but their charts are mostly the same. Any comments welcome.

1295 this week.
Weekly chart shows last week was an inside week preceded by 4 consecutive up weeks. Could go either way but my guess is similar to a few others here that upward momentum will continue and we break last week's high @ 1284.96

Peter

First off, welcome VielGeld to this thread, and agree with you over rising momentum.
Im not expecting wild moves for this coming week, tepid churning may be, shall price levitate and try to breach 1290? will be shy to do it, so my bet is 1284 for me, Pat.
Hope everybody is making money off this big last drop.
Take a glimpse on this share CX Basic Chart | Cemex, S.A.B. de C.V. Sponsored Stock - Yahoo! Finance
Got it under three dollars, fully long, and due to its perspectives, I expect it at around 6 dollars for year end. Im trading mexican cemex, not this one, but their charts are mostly the same. Any comments welcome.

That's an ugly 52 week range. I wouldn't have taken a trade on that downward price movement but it looks like you got in at a decent price. Just my opinion here but if you double your money you should think about taking a nice chunk off the table. There's a good chance it'll test the lows again by late January, maybe sooner. Bad weather in the northern hemisphere in winter will kill demand for building supplies. Good luck!

Peter

Really appreciate your comment Peter, the reason I took the risky trade on Cemex, relies on being the third worlds largest concrete (cement) factory, today might be forming a doji, looks like it is failing to bust a falling gap made in sept 16 at 4.83 so Im fully out as for today. Still think will go upwards so will try to catch it later on. The bad weather will absolutely inflict for the first quarter earnings in 2012. Whats been moving the price so far is this note El Porvenir | Econmico | Proveer Cemex concreto para tnel en Miami Sorry is in spanish, but they will be providing cement for the building of an underwater tunnel from Miami port to Dodge Island with a budget of 1000 billions.

average = 1281
wt average = 1264

up = 9
down = 2

highest = 1295
lowest = 1212

I think we may be improving which is what matters.

average = 1281
wt average = 1264

up = 9
down = 2

highest = 1295
lowest = 1212

I think we may be improving which is what matters.

Just out of interest Pat, but do you have the stats from the thread on how often the group gets the weekly direction correct? If not, I'll trawl through myself as would be interesting to see.

Just out of interest Pat, but do you have the stats from the thread on how often the group gets the weekly direction correct? If not, I'll trawl through myself as would be interesting to see.

Haven't got the stats to hand but easy enough to calculate if you have the time.

Haven't got the stats to hand but easy enough to calculate if you have the time.

No worries Pat, I'll go back through the thread and tally up them myself and maybe do some other tests as well later in the week when I have a bit more time. (y)

Better be fully long, this cement creator wants to creep up fast, good luck everybody.

In this market even an hour is a long way to go! Plenty of wide swings.

Peter

Hehe - on cue...

All down hill from now on...

Italy is not the beginning and nor will it be the end...

Markets like a pack of hyenias... Pick the weakest prey and hunt it down. I reckon they'll leave France to last... Maybe we'll all be eating FIGS soon... :cheesy:

Hehe - on cue...

All down hill from now on...

Italy is not the beginning and nor will it be the end...

Markets like a pack of hyenias... Pick the weakest prey and hunt it down. I reckon they'll leave France to last... Maybe we'll all be eating FIGS soon... :cheesy:

Could be the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning. Italy is falling apart. The EU is finished - it's just that the EU leaders won't admit it.

Can't see what FIGS have to do with anything ?

Last edited:
Has anyone had SKY problems today ? Maybe just mine on the blink.