Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way while out Gold short got triggered at 939.5
We went 2 days down, 3 days up (fib numbers) - hit 50% retrace from recent down move and had a false breakout from yesterdays high.
This should be the start for next down move in next days or two. target 1 = 934.5, target 2 = 929.5.

Hi Kaisen,
sorry what was your question about yesterdays trade?

Good lunch i trust my friend?

I think you answered it unless you want to add anything further. I asked for your analysis which led to the trades you made. You answered regarding the highs of yesterday being taken out were your trigger.

:)

By the way while out Gold short got triggered at 939.5
We went 2 days down, 3 days up (fib numbers) - hit 50% retrace from recent down move and had a false breakout from yesterdays high.
This should be the start for next down move in next days or two. target 1 = 934.5, target 2 = 929.5.

I am considering placing my first gold trade, largely because i believe the dollar will strenghten and therefore bring gold prices down, and i like the sound of your analysis on top of my own!

What stop loss are you looking at? And as gold does not move that quickly, but when it does it goes, do you recommend manually amending your stop loss to closer near your first target as the trade progresses?

I am considering placing my first gold trade, largely because i believe the dollar will strenghten and therefore bring gold prices down, and i like the sound of your analysis on top of my own!

What stop loss are you looking at? And as gold does not move that quickly, but when it does it goes, do you recommend manually amending your stop loss to closer near your first target as the trade progresses?

Initial stop is just above prev day high, each day keep moving it down to prev day high. On top of that use intuition to put to breakeven, hard to give rules for this. Time plays a role here.
Hope this helps.

Shorting gold, brave man. Whatever happened to the end of the world:eek:

Dollar strength ive read about alot recently but oil is moving up sharply and messing up currencies or something

eur/yen correlates to the sp500. currency is the driver I should think

i am now short FTSE 4761 ...stop loss 4791

target 4730

off to whirling dervish evening

happy trading all

Morning all!

ws - i was going to take the same trade albeit a slightly worse entry (not as quick thinking as yourself). But how did you calculate your target price? Particularly as it is below yesterdays close?

Is it based on a fib retrace?

Kind regards,

Morning all,

Out today but £Y looks like its forming a great descending triangle on 15M. Already in a down trend. Good continuation pattern.

Morning all!

ws - i was going to take the same trade albeit a slightly worse entry (not as quick thinking as yourself). But how did you calculate your target price? Particularly as it is below yesterdays close?

Is it based on a fib retrace?

Kind regards,

target price = triple bottom my friend

we hit 4730 twice yesterday

FTSE

watch out for 4730 otherwise we go lower

watch out for move on euro as it will give an early indication for a buy

euro trading sideway for more than a day now .......

I have buy and sell orders on the extremes of both sides

we had fake break out of the channel and we are now trading within again .............top two red trend lines!!

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (21-AUG-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (21-AUG-09).png
    28 KB · Views: 133
FTSE this is the 4th day up, has to turn down soon although I dont think we will go down hard..

OKay, 30 points profit downside and now 40 points profit on upside I now think its time to short again and lets see if we can catch another 30 points on downside to make it 100 points before 12.00

Nice 50 pip trade on the euro up to 1.43

I'm assuming everyone rode that wave

Status
Not open for further replies.