Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all,

Gold trade worked well, took profits at 945 this morning,
SP500 hit limit at 1004.3 this morning
FTSE still long target 4762.

I was wondering whether you got in before that monster move on gold!:)

Nice work!

Could you overview yesterdays analysis for me?

ATB

:)

As promised, todays ranges are:

Highs Range: 4744
Lows Range: 4720

Will anyone comment on this pls.

Looking at your ranges there, yesterdays were pivot and S1, todays are S1 and S2 by the look of it. I used to use these a lot when trading ftse and do something similar - its workable sure, but sometimes the range is wide and the profitable bit is the actual trade between the pivots and not a break out from them. Depends on how you use them and what the conditions are that day I guess.

Beautiful trade on the High Range's breakout. Out for 15 pips. Possible running out of steam. UK budget deficit grew from 600 mil expected to 8 bil. Not very nice.

Thanks Lapa and Kaisen.
Closed FTSE now at 4757 as going out for lunch.
Will come back to your questions in the afternoon. Bought gold, FTSE and SP500 at break of prev day high.
c u this afternoon!

20 August 2009 13:30:03
*INITIAL JOBLESS CLAIMS: 576K V 550KE; CONTINUING CLAIMS: 6.241M V 6.215ME
- Prior jobless claims revised from 558K to 561K
- Prior Continuing Claims revised from 6.202M to 6.239M
- Four-week mvg avg K v 565K prior

I have been expreimenting with a system for Euro/Yen,

Using a 15 min chart place two orders above and below the open of each 15 min bar, 10pt above and 10pt below both with a 6pts stop loss.

I get a 2pip spread on Euro/yen is that good.

can anyone here put euro/yen 15min ohlc data into a spreadsheet ?

I have been expreimenting with a system for Euro/Yen,

Using a 15 min chart place two orders above and below the open of each 15 min bar, 10pt above and 10pt below both with a 6pts stop loss.

I get a 2pip spread on Euro/yen is that good.

can anyone here put euro/yen 15min ohlc data into a spreadsheet ?

hey SD,

Attached spreadsheet with eur/jpy olhc data from 15 min chart. Exported it from the Marketscope chart in fxcm platform.

Attachments

• eurjpy.xls
    67.5 KB · Views: 105
20 August 2009 15:31:59
European Market Internals update at 10:30am ET
- FTSE100 volume 659.9M shares, about 1% lower than its 30 trading day moving average
- DAX30 volume 48.2M shares, about 23% lower than its 30 trading day moving average
- CAC40 volume 69.4M shares, about 16% lower than its 30 trading day moving average

We had a correction with much less volume..

Camarilla Equation

Put the figures for £Y in today. L3 on my numbers was 15483. On the 15M chart this is 61.8 Fib of yesterdays low to todays swing high. on the 1H there was a long running support channel slightly lower.
The level is held several times before giving a big move, which was also regular bullish divergence on MACD and RSI 5 signal. Now if only i had been trading not the day job!!!

I just experienced a sudden strengthening of the yen cross - happened quickly but see nothing in the calendar - anyone have an idea why this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.