Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well! Some of you guys wanted it to go up to 4700 so it did, in the end. As soon as you pack in look what happens! Right back to the bottom. Who was to blame? :D

FTSE 100 on 10M chart. RSI was 50 (strong) and WilliamsR was 90. Strong buy signal of a temporary dip relative to the prevalent up trend. Backtest to a few days back, and it normally results in a decent pips on the upside within an hour or so.

.... not sure what indicator u are looking at.

JonBoy123, not sure you really need gteed stops, dont IG have a limited risk account, let your initial margin be your risk.

yes i have a limited risk account.
guranteed stop is compulsory, which is 2 points for daily ftse bet.

#id be crazy not to follow....follow where you lead

I follow to the edge...of the earth...and fall off#

thom yorke
:cheesy::clap:

I hope that you have had good trend practice today, mate. If you stand back a bit you see them and, what is more important, the pullbacks.

Good trading

jonboy123, try using their demo account until you..

yes i have a limited risk account.
guranteed stop is compulsory, which is 2 points for daily ftse bet.

..are consistent the 2pt spread cost if too expensive, i always thought limited risk meant that your maximum risk is the balance in the account.

cant see any divergence with MACD ...when price dropped, macd histogram agreed.
1.40pm onwards.

Look at the opening high, 8-30-9-30 then the swing high around 1:30. Now look at MACD, the Higher high produces a lower high on MACD, this is Regular Bearish Divergence.

Potential head and shoulders formation on FTSE on the hourly?

Will be valid if 4700 acts as resistance.

:)

I'm thinking as setting myself up as a contrarian indicator....anyone interested?

Long at 4701 earlier...and now we are goign down....ho hum.

Still, as a swing trader I still see us in an uptrend so guss I can ride it out.

I'm thinking as setting myself up as a contrarian indicator....anyone interested?

Still, as a swing trader I still see us in an uptrend so guss I can ride it out.

Yeah, I got stopped out just under 4700 today, gave back a few of the overnight $$. Resisted the temptation to dive back in today, as still long S&P500 and hanging in for the 1000+ close.

They generally have the futures prices on the front page about an hour and half before the open.

sorry chaps.

so the futurers price/quote turns into the real daily quote as soon as market opens?
or are they separate things?

It is up to you. You have to be careful because the value of the dividend is deducted from the price, in some way. I stay away from shares with dividend payments. Barjon does a lot of share trading, he'll explain it better.

how do you stay away from shares with dividend payments?

so when the dividend comes out....the share price gets diluted or somthing?

You can see the dates that shares go exdividend. If you own shares you will, if the public think that there is a going to be a good dividend, see your shares rise. The new owner of those shares is entitled to the dividend if he bought them before the exdividend date. Afterwards, he loses that right. Therefore, the price will drop by the value of the dividend. This has to affect spreadbetters prices, too, so I try to stay away from those shares until afterwards.

Like I said before, I have only a rudimentary idea of what goes on, here. You'd best go somewhere else for more expert advice.

E$ has bounced slightly from the 50% fib level of the previous swing. Bias is still up if I counted correct?

I am looking for a long position, but prefer 14300, 61.8% fib, and high of 26th, if it gets there.

Attachments

• eu_060809.jpg
    eu_060809.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 103

I am long at 4718 myself, but considering cutting my losses. What's the general consensus?

Don't do this to yourself, mate. No one knows what will happen tomorrow. Learn to cut losses quicker than that because risk management is just as important as direction and timing.

..are consistent the 2pt spread cost if too expensive, i always thought limited risk meant that your maximum risk is the balance in the account.

IG demo account expires after a few weeks. Im running a real account now.
Limited risk account means they MAKE you choose a GSL, at a slight premium.
Its best for me, as im a beginner.
Yes limited risk also refers to "you can only lose your deposit, no more".

So i either play more risky and jump in, or i wait and pay the extra 2 point spread on top of the original 4.....correct ?

RBS reporting tmrow.

When do we actually know how the market reacts? bullish or bearish reaction.
Or should i say HOW do judge the reaction, as soon as it begins to happen.
Just by watching RBS price? Or volume...

do we just watch the RBS intraday chart from the open?
Or do we first read the news report? News report will be delayed though right?

We dont know about the exact times of company earnings reports do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.