Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
ws, have you noticed there is a greater difference today between CMC prices and IG?

I chart with IG and trade with CMC but the prices seem out of touch today.

Have you noticed and what do you think?

Also I am having problems with the IG charts today - anyone else?

yes there always is a disparity(that's why I trade CFD's- no manipulation) but when you have 25-30 points stops it shouldn't really affect your trading unless you are scalping on 10 point stops..........

That live call was a bit late but have coffee and reading posts to contend with!

Out @ pivot 4556 for + 22

No more trades for a bit now, trying to get back up to speed on the narrative

Continuing problem - I should be placing stops closer when I'm in profit and letting them run...under the last 10M bar would see me still in this long :mad:

Whats the diference between IG/CMC price, is it...

ws, have you noticed there is a greater difference today between CMC prices and IG?

I chart with IG and trade with CMC but the prices seem out of touch today.

Have you noticed and what do you think?

Also I am having problems with the IG charts today - anyone else?

... large enough to create "risk free" money.

Continuing problem - I should be placing stops closer when I'm in profit and letting them run...under the last 10M bar would see me still in this long :mad:

Long on pullback to pivot, long @ 4556

EDIT: stop @ b/e

Last edited:
Papak, whats the basis for that target?

The low today is 2 days down from the high.
Today we had a false breakout from yesterdays low
This suggests that turn is in an we are in up cycle again. We whould therefore go higher than yesterdays high.
The target is based on a lot of backtesting, risk:reward is 1:2 with 70% success rate
Normally speaking we should hit this target today or tomorrow.

Long on pullback to pivot, long @ 4556

EDIT: stop @ b/e

Stopped out b/e

When I don't move my stop and exit, it continues

When I move my stop, it pulls back and stops me out

I'm going to wear tin foil on my head so the market can't read my mind.

Stopped out b/e

LOL!

I have visions of you looking like the tin man Lapster :LOL:

Stopped out b/e

OK long again at the 200MA, 4562, trend is still up, stop other side of pivot @ 4552

He was my favourite from Wizard of OZ.

From Sesame Street, it was Grouch.

From Winnie the Pooh it was Eeyore.

I'm regressing today, apologies...

Well I always find myself typing "lala" when I try to respond to you, uh oh! :cheesy:

Thanks for your support WS, Papak :)

Chelski - has SD's system (which I shall now refer to as SDS - SuddenDeathSystem!) also been working for you? It may be early days, but have you made any ammendments / observations?

It gave a good short yesterday for the sell off, i use support / resistance lines firstly and if it lines up with rhese i find itworks well, not been back that far but draw in lines and look where we got a bounce and there is usually a signal.

Anyone noticed that 4515 is a 23.6% Fib retractment from 13 July low to 27 July high. It also matches with the historical resistance/support of 4520 which made the long entry at 4520 this AM a good trade based on sound techinal indicators for those that took it.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.