Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
no sign of any reversal as yet
intraday tick data

2n04je1.gif

gh9pc4.png

I estimate a pull back before anything massively bullish like this, not all the earnings will be as nice

Looks like we've met resistance on the S&P at 932 and it could signal a move lower. I'm also now uncomfortable leaving an open position overnight considering how far we are away from the MA's.

Closing final long open FTSE position at 4363. No trades open at this time.

:)

Hoping to nab a few points as the US session is coming to a close so I'm hopin alot of traders start to book their profits.

Short @ 4361. Stop @ 4376.

Looks like we've met resistance on the S&P at 932 and it could signal a move lower. I'm also now uncomfortable leaving an open position overnight considering how far we are away from the MA's.

Closing final long open FTSE position at 4363. No trades open at this time.

well done my friend

some very impressive results this week

Guys. This thing is a gem ..:: DO NOT TRADE ON ADRENALINE © ::..

I believe, it applies to all markets. I couldnt believe first few examples, exactly what happened with me especially the averaging method, whereby i enter another trade in same direction after having some running losses to breakeven halfway.

sabre
the chart you posted in p/f form.price is at a 45 degree trendline.
this market will turn when it wants to.so looking for reversal conirmation..not given as yet ,even on a lower box size

r9fiuo.jpg

chartcraft ahve gone long on the s500 today/midday uk.target 930 and then 950 on this bear trap

2d14eao.jpg

i can't help but think this is a snidey move to suck us little chaps in before we bomb again.

interesting article lonlad...i shall read more in the morning (might be a good way of stopping me opening half @rsed positions:))

good luck for the morrow gentlemen.

don't shoot 'til you see the whites of their eyes :shuriken:

My day...indices made me angry and lost me money...long US crude after inital reaction to report...big win...and that was me for the day!

take care lapalabra. When you're back, let us know what buy signals were you getting? Trend?

Trend trend trend. Higher highs higher lows. MAs never pointed down. My lower trendline from the lows on 10M were never violated. Pivot levels were passed and never retested (1st 10M bar opened on S1). Oil, currencies (see EURUSD especially), US indices gave bullish indications. Leaders were strong.

I ignore the news in general, it's noise I don't need - so all the above.

Still, I couldn't believe it - went long til 4290 but didn't get involved thereafter when everything said stay long. It was especially hard resisting a short attempt @ 4340 - but that rally in March taught me an expensive lesson about that kind of impulse.

A break above July 1 high would cause me to re-think. Ideally i'd be looking for a close below 4294 today. If we're between 4294 and 4350ish then would probably do half usual size.

Hey TCA, would be interested to know how you will play this now in light of yesterdays close?

Moved short EUR/USD to break even.

Opened short GBP/USD @ 1.6408. SL @ 1.6438

Will look to move short FTSE position to break once the opportunity presents itself, damn the IG service requiring extra pips for stop loss when out of hours!

Short GBP/EUR @ 1.1643 SL @ 1.1683

This one I'm not too sure about as its on a descending triangle so we could see a break out either way. Although the long term trend shows a move to the downside.

Just hoping I have appropriate stops in place for all of these and dont get shaken out.

Good luck all.

I am long at 4358 with a stop loss of 500pips. Guys, I am playing with pennies, so most I can lose is £140ish. China GDP comes out great. Google always performs best, specially with their new OS for systems and Mobiles and all. and JP Morgan is in a lot greater shape than BoA and Citi. Still more to come, a bit like March rally I believe. - just my 2 pence.

Moved GBP/USD to break even.

Long EUR/CAD. Entry at 15750. Stop at 15700.

Thankfully all of this mornings trade moved to Break Even pretty early which is why I could take added risk. Just hope I managed them correctly by moving the stops so early.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.