Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
And are those warnings going to materialise? Better maybe to buy now on good earnings announcements and sell when or if they do? And maybe its forecasts I should be looking at not warnings? The problems haven't gone away and still the market rises...but maybe they pale in significance to recent predictions so that's why...or maybe its the market movers trying to flush out the shorts...

You'll go crazy trying to figure it out and trying to catch the top thinking its overcooked.

Look at what price is doing in front of you. Trend is up, at some time it will reverse, stay neutral if you think that moment is near or plan a trade with the trend if you don't, imho.

Excellent words LL!:)

So lapalabra , what are you doing buying FTSE? based on what technical analysis? all pointing towards a down move.

I am working with time cycle analysis and this suggests that we will go up for another week.
In an uptrend you often have a 3 day up and two day down rhythm, so after today we are due a pause or a retracement for a day or two before the next wave up resumes.

welcome to WS's thread papak. i'm sure the man himself will welcome you at some point :)

it's nice to have a new person joining in with their viewpoints/opinions, rather than inane questions...good on ya.

btw, re inane questions, does anyone know of a site with summaries of the main broker/bank analysts stock/share ratings?

I am working with time cycle analysis and this suggests that we will go up for another week.
In an uptrend you often have a 3 day up and two day down rhythm, so after today we are due a pause or a retracement for a day or two before the next wave up resumes.

Hi Papak, great to have your input! I have taken this morning out of trading to work on my charts. I should be way over a grand to the good but not reading my charts, not using indicators and emotion to grab profits has meant that i am not.
I got in some great positions and sold out early! I think i was really tired having been starting at 5am and working for hours and hours! But no in the smartest way!

Noob of the week goes to me i think! I was long on Fresnillo from 477, sold at 491 before it rallied! Now over 560! The only reason for my exit was i did not have my indicators down, did not read the trends, and grabbed on first retracement when i was 200 up. In hindsight I do not know why I sold out. Being calm and rested everything seems much more obvious.

Anyway, my charts today suggest an uptrend at present on the FTSE as my short EMA is crossing to the upside of both my longer term EMA´s today. Could be short lived but suggests some upside motion short term.

Hope you stick around for your two penneth!

All the best.:)

I am now short FTSE 4310 ...stop loss 4340

target 4260-70

I am also short Nasdaq 1476 ..stop loss 1500

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (10-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (10-JUN-09).png
    22.8 KB · Views: 121
thanks for the welcome everyone!
I will wait to see what happens on the down move before I step in again.
Trading can be a lonely existence (I do this fulltime for a living) so its nice to chat to some people and share views.
I will be out of the house now so will catch you all tomorrow.

I think noob of the week should go to me. My portfolio return is 3850%! and thats not taking into consideration the running p/l I have on my open FTSE position from yesterday.

BTW I will look to either close that out or move stop loss to 4300 as soon as we get to the 4,330 mark. On the daily I see this is in line with the 200 EMA as well as the upper bollinger band.

:)

thanks for the welcome everyone!
I will wait to see what happens on the down move before I step in again.
Trading can be a lonely existence (I do this fulltime for a living) so its nice to chat to some people and share views.
I will be out of the house now so will catch you all tomorrow.

Hey welcome Papak, you too london_lad, another LL on the board!

I think noob of the week should go to me. My portfolio return is 3850%! and thats not taking into consideration the running p/l I have on my open FTSE position from yesterday.

BTW I will look to either close that out or move stop loss to 4300 as soon as we get to the 4,330 mark. On the daily I see this is in line with the 200 EMA as well as the upper bollinger band.

Excellent work Manya although i dont feel your performance should be "Noob" of the week as i associate Noob moves to be bad or new trader mistakes made.

My comment earlier was based on stupid mistakes that if shared we can all learn from.

I was wondering whether we should post mistakes made and lessons learned so everyone can avoid making the same mistakes and we can all, even if we have already learned from the mistakes in the past, become ever mindful to avoid the mistakes happening again. Even more experienced traders may find the occasional mention of past mistakes useful to remember to avoid them in the future and help maintain focus and discpline.

We could also post things that have worked well or things that have helped move someone forward or turn a corner etc.

The only concern i have is clogging the thread up.

I know people would find the posts useful but on thinking about it, it may destract from what is already a very good thread.

Maybe we could have Noob of the week (novice mistakes), Call of the week, Advice of the week etc?
I would not suggest return of the week or month etc as we will all start to become competitive and this would be counter productive.

Congratulations on your trades and long may it continue!:clap::clap:

All the best

What are the views on the GAP fill on the US open. Weve seen a big move up and I would expect a correction on the downside on the open. Any thoughts would be gratefully received. I am very tempted to short the FTSE but just concerned about the strong momentum up. We appear to be at the top of the channel here and the market so far has respected the line.
I must say how very useful and interesting i have found this thread since signing up a couple of weeks ago.

hello all
im short footsie at 4311 s/l 40,
i feel the move upwards is showing signs of running out of steam.
looking for a profit today
have had a bad week, after 2 very good week,
im still part time on this trading, so cannot post as pften as i would like

Status
Not open for further replies.