Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, the trend was secure between pivots and a nice earner, looking for the reaction to the round number monster...possible scalp on its first test

Nope, looks solid.

Looking for one more 10M bar above 4300 before opening a long.

thats what I use once its looks like a move is coming to an end , I may exit earlier if I get a better signal, so last last bar is a sort of last resort exit.

I'd wait for the market to proove itself first with a reversal type action, rather than just fade a trend , got to be one of the quickest ways to the poor house , trying to fade a trend.

when u make decision to sell, dont stop the trade place ...

SD, I'm aware my exits are inefficient.

Do you mean trail the stop below the previous 10M?

...sell stop below where u want to sell , lock in profits,

I don't mean to criticize, only trying to share tips about trading. also when u sold at 291 the low was 251 so you sold when range was 40, the ftse usually manages to do 50 points which would mean selling at 4251+50 =4301

...sell stop below where u want to sell , lock in profits,

I don't mean to criticize, only trying to share tips about trading. also when u sold at 291 the low was 251 so you sold when range was 40, the ftse usually manages to do 50 points which would mean selling at 4251+50 =4301

I don't take anything you say as anything but constructive, criticize away.

I've been a bit too concerned with weekly profit targets and so taking profits early as opposed to managing each individual trade on its own basis, which is not the right thing to do at times- especially over the long term.

I take your tip re: setting the stop loss and ranges.

thats what I use once its looks like a move is coming to an end , I may exit earlier if I get a better signal, so last last bar is a sort of last resort exit.

Basic and effective and something I should do. Better to take the profits from the stop and reenter if the pullback was deep but price is still trending in the right direction.

I have this inkling that, its time to SHORT. Why is market so optimistic? when all earnings are coming with huge warnings.

Oh right , so just like the all those warnings that the economy was about to tank when we were going up.

Precisely, and earnings are coming with huge warnings (forward looking problems)

And are those warnings going to materialise? Better maybe to buy now on good earnings announcements and sell when or if they do? And maybe its forecasts I should be looking at not warnings? The problems haven't gone away and still the market rises...but maybe they pale in significance to recent predictions so that's why...or maybe its the market movers trying to flush out the shorts...

You'll go crazy trying to figure it out and trying to catch the top thinking its overcooked.

Look at what price is doing in front of you. Trend is up, at some time it will reverse, stay neutral if you think that moment is near or plan a trade with the trend if you don't, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.