Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, sell strength.

Short on break of R2, I am now short 4182, s/l 4212, target 4135

Out @ 4162 for +20 - think 4152 S1 is next and may reach pivot, but want to take money off the table now and have to leave the house!

Catch you all later

im -45 points wot do u guys think will it go higher

All I'm getting is bullish signs at mo , still on the sidelines though. Not sure how much to read into that, since I'm a bit all over the place today.

Hi all,

From last nights analysis, I went long on FTSE at 4,100 this morning. Now looking good as it looks to break 4,200 with US financials taking us higher. Still looking to hold this overnight and into Wednesday perhaps.

Also managed to get in on crude after the heavy sell-off around 2pm, any clue as to what that was related to? Again, looking to let this position roll until China's GDP figures come out. If they surprise to the upside (I think they will) then Crude should also rise in tandem.

Didn't get much on the currency front, I had higher aspirations for Eur/USD but I eventually got stopped out for a profit of +20 pips.

:)

Hey Masnachu, give me some input would you? I took two great positions (in hindsight) shorted Fresnillo and then closed just about BE before it plummetted over 20pnts! Then went long on XTA and closed for just under BE before it rallied 20pnts!

Cant make head nor tail at the minute. Asia down, no great news anywhere and yet FTSE and DAX fell down then rallied.

My indicators are all over the place.

The only thing i may have overlooked is oil going up and BP, Shell and alike catching a rally. And we know the weighting of the FTSE on oil stocks.

Some of your viewpoint Mr Wise?:)

No mr Wise here, not today at least ;);)

Can't really comment on peoples trades i.e. best stop placement , reasons for trade entry etc since everybody trades differently.

Learning to trade is all about experience, learning TA , trade setups etc is just the start, a small start. You will never get it right all the time , no matter how much you learn , how much experience you gain , there will always be times when your caught out.

Your initial analysis on those last 2 trades was correct, so it could well be a case of learning to trust yourself, and letting the trades run while the market is still confirming your analysis, rather than playing to defensively and bringing your stops in too quick.
You can only gain confidence in your trading by doing, no easy answers I'm affraid.
(and I can guarantee that there will be times when, in hindsight , bringing your stops in quickly would have been the correct thing to do, it's just the way it goes sometimes)

With regards adjusting to BE , it's not something I do , I always set my stops based on the market, not based to the trade itself.

With regards the FTSE today, ermm best ask someone else :LOL::LOL:

H_A, If I was in your position I would look to cut my losses.

But thats only my opinion. Good luck.

:)

Having to pick the misses up just saved your ar$e :cheesy::cheesy::p

I'm back...and oh boy...my my call it the great escape :)

Was getting bullish signals so wasn't sure about my target anymore, and had that 4165 as gap fill from Thursday as one level to scale out - didn't have any idea it would rocket.

That would have wiped out half my days profits.

There's a lesson in here somewhere...

The market seems determined to stop out as many shorts as possible and maybe drag in some longs at the same time. My view is that the market is coming down...even if Goldman Sachs figures are good that may be priced into the market.but it does seem to be a bumpy ride and its so easy to get shaken out of one position... so i have shorted the ftse sept at 4182 and will hang onto this while day trading as normal

DiJ

I am bearish for tomorrow ftse100, barring an unfilled gap we should not see a good advance on the close,

I am bearish for tomorrow ftse100, barring an unfilled gap we should not see a good advance on the close,

You called it spot on today SD, honestly did not think we'd see north of 4190.

As Leo would have said, I'm more bearish than a bear in Bearsville for tomorrow.

I trade on IG Index and the price spike at 4:46pm to 4221 went through the resistance that i had at around the 4215 level... I would guess most peoples stops would have been around there if they were short... this is the problem with after hours trading... R/S that are vaild during normal trading hours are sometimes taken out after hours... yet there are opportunities in placing orders beyond these levels and anticipating the market will return within the S/R level by the following mornings open... this is not for everyone but I have had some success trying this.

This could be because I'm not at the pc and therefore cannot fiddle with the trade once its triggered :cheesy:

DiJ

ig markets i can add another 70 stops

I think you may have missed the point. Depending on the contract, it will be closed at 9pm, the loss taken, and then automatically re-opened at whatever the current price is.

So you will take the loss regardless, and find you're still short. But, short may not be the place to be, this market could go up tommorow for all we know - it's unlikely, but it could happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.