Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
DB you really are a character.......LOL

Anyway back to analysis......

I thought I would share this chart with you

FTSE - strategy for Thurs 9th JULY

1 month 1hr chart

FTSE closed 4140 just above pivot S2

4127 key level ............S2 pivot and where 2 dotted trend lines intersect

> 4127 I will look to go long to 4170 possibly 4192

< 4127 I will look to short to 4100

I will be looking to go long on the morrow

Late to the game today, catching up on the posts and just read your analysis WS while looking at the FTSE here - sometimes I do wonder where you hide your crystal ball

Last edited:
HAHA...u see what happens? no sooner do i make a call it moves in the other direction...it's like magic.

HAHA...u see what happens? no sooner do i make a call it moves in the other direction...it's like magic.

Sorry I shouldnt be laughing but cant help it Dr B. That was uncanny as soon as you posted a sell it ticked up. and its beeen sideways in a tiny channel for ages.

done it again, closed a perfectly good position and opened an opposing bad one.

i'm glad i've gone back to paper trading, IG will not get another penny from me until i get my sh!t together...:p

ftse 4190 looks achievable current high 4175

still not sure if morning gap got filled

Last edited:
4632.5 is my Dax stop. The long TFs look bearish to me but I have been hanging on to my long, just in case.

This is a critical spot for Footsie, too, because Dax is leading, this morning.

Glad I've got my stop in place because Fins have gone to "Phone only" and the chart has frozen.

Right! We're back and the level is higher.

Stopped. That was a fast 10 points! Up 16 points today. No more until tomorrow. Platforms not working properly, anyway.

Good trading, Split

I'm short eur/gbp @ 0.8640 - lets see if i can screw up another trade.

Shame about the usd/cad, that would have been an easy 30pips if I had just stayed in for few more minutes... (n)

Good entry Geo, Its attempting to break minor support at the base of the hourly channel at 0.8620 G/l with it.

FTSE tug of war

Financial sector weak today

BUT
Oil/gas sector and mining sector due to Alcoa results are strong

energy is king on FTSE.........high beta and keeping FTSE afloat!!

any weakness there and market will fall .....

maybe its because of the trade balance figures as well

We appear to be trading well within the down channel on the FTSE, I dont see much upside from here, famous last words. so i am short at 4170, SL 4185, target 4150, and have been for a while. There does appear to be resistance across most of the markets at these levels, or is everyone frightened to take it higher until the States gives us more direction?

i posted on the 1000th PAGE!

congratulations WS! :party:

here's to another 1000 :)

Thank you DB, Geo , BW81 and all the others .......

It is not me you should thank, Its the poeple that post regularly and keep this thread alive are ones that should be thanked

yes long may it continue

Too many boring and rubbish threads out there that just waffle on

This thread is for serious traders that do live intraday analysis and post live calls...

No Blue Peter trades..........

PRAMATISM ............is the word!!

you can read all the books on trading and learn all the TA you want but how do you put that into practise ........

ThIs is what this thread is all about

We appear to be trading well within the down channel on the FTSE, I dont see much upside from here, famous last words. so i am short at 4170, SL 4185, target 4150, and have been for a while. There does appear to be resistance across most of the markets at these levels, or is everyone frightened to take it higher until the States gives us more direction?

yes very good trade my friend ............

I have also done the same , stop loss 4200

I will amend to break even as soon as it goes into profit of 5 or more points as there is a chance of a reversal with oil and currencies on the rise

DAX starting to show signs of weakness

I was planning to short the ftse around 4187 as on my hourly chart i had that as resistance from 7/07 and 21/06, then i noticed that these areas of resistance were created in out of hours trading... so im a lot less confident now... I assume the strongest s/r levels would be made during normal hours.

Just using normal (08:00-16:30) hours I have strong resistance at 4213-4215 but this is still a way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.