Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
what would indicate to u that it will go down in the furutre

In order to help you decide, you need to understand technical analysis. Its a big topic but can be learnt. no one knows which way its going to go in the future, but we as traders analyse the charts using patterns, price and time and then place a trade based on our analysis of the underlying stock or indices.

A good place to learn TA is ITMS here:

InTheMoneyStocks - Technical Analysis Trading | Stock Market Chat Room | Learn to Trade

Hope this helps?

what would indicate to u that it will go down in the furutre

A break below support at 4200 would be a good start - but still no guarantees at all that we would reach 3500!

I just had a read back through your posts, and to be honest, given the types of questions you're posting, I do wonder if you have studied this market at all? Or studied Technical Analysis? You might find this thread a little advanced if you haven't studied a bit first.

I think people will help you on here, but with sensible questions - not questions that require psychic ability.

If you'd like some recommendations on TA books, I'm sure people will chip in.

looking at the 3500 sept put, it is saying there is a 1%...

will the ftse got down to 3,500 again

possibility that market will be below 3500 by the third Friday in September

US non farm in 15 mins, beware

well in the space of this riveting 'interlude' i've managed to lose complete concentration and a BE exit has turned into a nice healthy loss.

well in the space of this riveting 'interlude' i've managed to lose complete concentration and a BE exit has turned into a nice healthy loss.

Sorry to hear that Dr B.

How are you doing target wise?

now i've lost money AND been sat in doors on a beautiful day for nothing...DOUBLE BONUS :cheesy:

possibility that market will be below 3500 by the third Friday in September

US non farm in 15 mins, beware

How are you playing this today SD?

My usual idea of putting a range into consolidation during the previous hour and trading a break in either direction concerns me - there is strong trending on every USD pair. I think I will just wait til the dust settles.

Sujith, if you're here - how do you approach trading NFP announcements/days of?

Sorry to hear that Dr B.

How are you doing target wise?

well i've took my eye off the ball re whats going on, i haven't closed yet, but that dip below 300 looks bad...(could have been out for BE a little time ago)

my last shred of hope lies in a mutilated bull flag, that this current dip would be the floor.

academic though in 5 mins, when i'll be at the mercy of the US news.

i'd be happy with BE right now.

Yesterday when ftse closed at 4340, I had sense ....

How are you playing this today SD?

My usual idea of putting a range into consolidation during the previous hour and trading a break in either direction concerns me - there is strong trending on every USD pair. I think I will just wait til the dust settles.

,,that today would be a weak day , i sensed a down swing of 60pts, so I bought a 4280 put on IG good for one day only, and looked to go long at close to that level, the put cost 10pts, i have done one trade using put already. buying at 4285 and selling for profit of 17pts, and I have an order to buy at 4279, just before todays non-farm.

How about you Lapalabra.

Not strictly true, Jon. I recall answering your query about changing the time display. You didn't acknowledge that.

As with anything in life, you'll get from this thread what you're prepared to put in. Just my 2p worth :)

ok i missed that...as soon as you post, the next time you look theres been 10 pages added and it gets lost...but ill dig back. (y)

i've never looked at a chart in my life but still manage to make profits

well why don't you share you knowledge on here H A, because i spend a hell of a lot of time, money and effort trying to learn TA, and i never make a profit.

why aren't you contributing to the thread with your reliable analysis?

@ Lapalabra, re trading non-farm, have u tried placing a buy stops on both side of the price about 20 seconds before announcement ?

i've never looked at a chart in my life but still manage to make profits

Ok, fair enough.

But everyone on here is a chartist I think, plus they read the news.

You're probably on the wrong thread. If you don't use a chart, then you must be using FA - Fundamental Analysis, or gut instinct!?

Or does FA = F*** All :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.