Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
... also, me explaining my reasoning for opening a position should force me to really be honest about what i'm doing.

Yes, that sounds like a good plan. Do it!

Your signature makes me laugh everytime I read it btw :)

Actually, as everyone knows I have posted loads of meaningless trash on charts, with expectations of this and that happening in the market. Its been a good experience in a way though, because when I see the market do the exact opposite of my analysis, i know I have to re-evaluate. My analysis still has a long way to go for sure, but I think it's improved a bit, and i'm sure that's somewhat down to posting analysis on here. I reckon if i kept my analysis to myself, I would never question it, if it went wrong.

So DB, I thoroughly recommend posting your analysis!

Actually, as everyone knows I have posted loads of meaningless trash on charts, with expectations of this and that happening in the market. Its been a good experience in a way though, because when I see the market do the exact opposite of my analysis, i know I have to re-evaluate. My analysis still has a long way to go for sure, but I think it's improved a bit, and i'm sure that's somewhat down to posting analysis on here. I reckon if i kept my analysis to myself, I would never question it, if it went wrong.

So DB, I thoroughly recommend posting your analysis!

I agree

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (30-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (30-JUN-09).png
    24.2 KB · Views: 137
yeah i've stopped posting as many charts, i found it a bit too hectic editing/posting pictures during the day and trying to monitor the charts too.

FTSE analysis for Weds

1 month 1 hr chart

range bound ..........still fighting in the trenches 4310 - 4215

There is a possibility we could break out of this range tomorrow

channel gives support @ 4250

strategy

if 4250 holds then go long to 4270 - 4290 very unlikely unless nikkei captures 10000 level overnight

if 4250 fails then short to 4225 - 4215 highly likely scenario

it all depends on currencies tomorrow

Currencies are the key..............watch out for German Data
"EUR/USD: COULD BREACH 1.40 ON WEAK GERMAN SPENDING
After hitting a 2 week high against the U.S. dollar intraday, the euro gave back all of its earlier gains. Economic data was better than expected with German unemployment rising less than forecast. A total of 31k Germans filed for unemployment benefits this month, which was marginally less than the market’s 44k forecast. Although this is the fourth month out of five that the number had beat expectations, the labor market remains very weak. The unemployment rate rose to 8.3 percent, the highest level since December 2007. Like the rest of the world, Germany is trapped in a deep recession and unfortunately the recent strength of the euro adds additional strain on the Eurozone economy. Therefore the European Central Bank will have no choice but to leave interest rates unchanged on Thursday and possibly lean towards easier monetary policy. German retail sales are due for release tomorrow. Growing unemployment should curtail spending. A weaker report could drive the EUR/USD below 1.40. Meanwhile Switzerland is also suffering from weaker consumer spending. The UBS consumption indicator, which attempts to forecast consumer spending fell to the lowest level in more than 5 years. "

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Daily (30-JUN-09).png
    FTSE 100 Daily (30-JUN-09).png
    21.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
ok, i have a channel on the 4hr (actually i have two but they're quite close together)...

on first glance it looks like a bearflag, but i don't see any bearish osc div.

looking on the hourly you see a double bottom (4215) and a possible bull flag...if this is the case then the area we're in now is the bottom of an upswing that may break 4315.

i'm going to look for osc div in lower TF's to try and determine the bigger move.

if i see channel support at 4235 - 4250 then i'll go long. if it breaks the channel and retraces back rejecting the channel floor as res i'll go short.

not sure about a target for the short though.

for the long the target would be 4300.

Attachments

• FTSE 30TH.JPG
    FTSE 30TH.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 192
Looks negative to me, below the MA and maybe a squeeze out that channel. Tight short if it leaves the channel or tight ts long if it moves above MA is my guess

last 3 days
range candles..9 points per candle

IGNORE THIS CHART

Attachments

• range12.gif
    range12.gif
    30.7 KB · Views: 102
FTSE analysis for Weds

1 month 1 hr chart

range bound ..........still fighting in the trenches 4310 - 4215

There is a possibility we could break out of this range tomorrow

channel gives support @ 4250

strategy

if 4250 holds then go long to 4270 - 4290 very unlikely unless nikkei captures 10000 level overnight

if 4250 fails then short to 4225 - 4215 highly likely scenario

it all depends on currencies tomorrow

Currencies are the key..............watch out for German Data
"EUR/USD: COULD BREACH 1.40 ON WEAK GERMAN SPENDING
After hitting a 2 week high against the U.S. dollar intraday, the euro gave back all of its earlier gains. Economic data was better than expected with German unemployment rising less than forecast. A total of 31k Germans filed for unemployment benefits this month, which was marginally less than the market’s 44k forecast. Although this is the fourth month out of five that the number had beat expectations, the labor market remains very weak. The unemployment rate rose to 8.3 percent, the highest level since December 2007. Like the rest of the world, Germany is trapped in a deep recession and unfortunately the recent strength of the euro adds additional strain on the Eurozone economy. Therefore the European Central Bank will have no choice but to leave interest rates unchanged on Thursday and possibly lean towards easier monetary policy. German retail sales are due for release tomorrow. Growing unemployment should curtail spending. A weaker report could drive the EUR/USD below 1.40. Meanwhile Switzerland is also suffering from weaker consumer spending. The UBS consumption indicator, which attempts to forecast consumer spending fell to the lowest level in more than 5 years. "

long target hit 30 points profit

that trading plan worked very well

Nikkei was still unable to hold 10000

Long from 4270, close @ 4281 for +11

Short now (O how many times can you sell the high?) @ 4303

sell us spx500 daily now at 921.2 sl 923.5 tgt 919 its do now
buy germany 30 daily cash (dax) at 4830 sl 4802 tgt 4865 (entry pending) 8:11gmt

sell us spx500 daily now at 921.2 sl 923.5 tgt 919 its do now
buy germany 30 daily cash (dax) at 4830 sl 4802 tgt 4865 (entry pending) 8:11gmt

Sujith whats your view on the Euro today .........

I have it falling below 1.4 today and markets going down with a resurgent dollar?

Nice work WS - when you said '4250' held, you mean that the market would open above I'm assuming?

yes indeed my friend based on Nikkei trading overnight.........

Gap open above 4250 then really bullish and i bought straight away @ 4262 and sold 4292

Status
Not open for further replies.