Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
PBOC governor Zhou Xiaochuan told reporters in Basel on Sunday that China’s “foreign exchange reserve policy is always quite stable,” and noted that China’s reserve policy is aimed at “liquidity, safety and returns.” The news helped to boost the dollar at the start of trade this week, with EUR/USD falling through the 1.4000 level as traders breathed a sigh of relief regarding the greenback’s ongoing status as a reserve currency.
On Friday the buck came under pressure after China hinted at a need for new architecture in the foreign exchange market. The PBOC stated that, "To prevent the deficiencies in the main reserve currency, there’s a need to create a new currency that’s delinked from the economies of the issuers." However, today tacit reaffirmation of the dollar standard is a sign of Chinese acknowledgement that for the time being the greenback remains the primary manner for settling global trade accounts.
Furthermore, as we noted earlier, it is very much in China’s interest to maintain the value of the dollar, both from the balance sheet perceptive (because its holds nearly 2 trillion dollars of US debt), but also because the country runs a massive trade surplus with the US and any additional weakening of the dollar would dampen American demand for Chinese goods. The dollar remained well bid in the aftermath of those comments and could gather further momentum as the day progresses if EZ data retail PMI proves disappointing.

PBOC governor Zhou Xiaochuan told reporters in Basel on Sunday that China’s “foreign exchange reserve policy is always quite stable,” and noted that China’s reserve policy is aimed at “liquidity, safety and returns.” The news helped to boost the dollar at the start of trade this week, with EUR/USD falling through the 1.4000 level as traders breathed a sigh of relief regarding the greenback’s ongoing status as a reserve currency.
On Friday the buck came under pressure after China hinted at a need for new architecture in the foreign exchange market. The PBOC stated that, "To prevent the deficiencies in the main reserve currency, there’s a need to create a new currency that’s delinked from the economies of the issuers." However, today tacit reaffirmation of the dollar standard is a sign of Chinese acknowledgement that for the time being the greenback remains the primary manner for settling global trade accounts.
Furthermore, as we noted earlier, it is very much in China’s interest to maintain the value of the dollar, both from the balance sheet perceptive (because its holds nearly 2 trillion dollars of US debt), but also because the country runs a massive trade surplus with the US and any additional weakening of the dollar would dampen American demand for Chinese goods. The dollar remained well bid in the aftermath of those comments and could gather further momentum as the day progresses if EZ data retail PMI proves disappointing.

That equates to a variable(strong) that provides dollar strength = markets down

and here's where i start to mess it up...

i closed my long when it looked like it might be going south and opened a short at the full extension of the drop. i didn't see that 4254 has a res level.

- 8 pts loss on the long i had open.

short 4256

and here's where i start to mess it up...

i closed my long when it looked like it might be going south and opened a short at the full extension of the drop. i didn't see that 4254 has a res level.

- 8 pts loss on the long i had open.

short 4256

stop to BE

I am looking to go short again

you have to take your profits quickly because it is so volatile at present........

I am looking to go short again @ 4250.......stop loss 4275

miners and banks weak

oil sector strong

long @ 4248 target 4258

closed for + 8 pts gain and i'm out...mebs could have had more there, but i just wanted my 20 pt daily target.

trades:

long + 12 pts
long - 8 pts
short + 10 pts
long + 8 pts

+ 22 pts on the day

not a lot i know...but, baby steps :)

good luck for the rest of the day chaps...i'll pop back in later to see how things are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.