Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Dr. Blix,
I know you are P***d off. You have been winning and losing. But a little story from my side..if it helps.
I was in your position 2 years back. constantly losing and winning some,but at the end of the month i used to be down! it went on for a long time and i made every mistake in the book.I did so many revenge trades,random trades,bought and sold shares like apple and google!!(Never do that). I Was desperate to make money as i was in big debt. But One thing i was not short of was the confidence in myself and will power to succeed.
I am not a millionaire and i donot even own my house, but i still trade and make a good living out of it.

So.... Never lose the focus, you are here to make money, you have the knowledge,skill and a bunch of well wishers.

Good luck mate

thank you FT!

it's very kind of you to take the time to post a message of support like that...thank you again.

what a nice bunch on here ey?!

Hello Dr. Blix,
I know you are P***d off. You have been winning and losing. But a little story from my side..if it helps.
I was in your position 2 years back. constantly losing and winning some,but at the end of the month i used to be down! it went on for a long time and i made every mistake in the book.I did so many revenge trades,random trades,bought and sold shares like apple and google!!(Never do that). I Was desperate to make money as i was in big debt. But One thing i was not short of was the confidence in myself and will power to succeed.
I am not a millionaire and i donot even own my house, but i still trade and make a good living out of it.

So.... Never lose the focus, you are here to make money, you have the knowledge,skill and a bunch of well wishers.

Good luck mate

Here! Here!

i do have 2 years as a rough time window FT (and BW), so i think in another 18 months i may be a little more clued up.

dr.blix - Am not in the position to advise you either, but I've seen alot of good trades you've made during the past weeks, earning 25pt+ pts, and then you wash that off at the following few trades!

You have great knowledge of entering a 'swing' or 'scalp' but its very upsetting to see you re-enter for more, to lose in this case! All the best anyway.

Can I ask for type of music you used to produce? am a DJ myself.

dr.blix - Am not in the position to advise you either, but I've seen alot of good trades you've made during the past weeks, earning 25pt+ pts, and then you wash that off at the following few trades!

You have great knowledge of entering a 'swing' or 'scalp' but its very upsetting to see you re-enter for more, to lose in this case! All the best anyway.

Can I ask for type of music you used to produce? am a DJ myself.

yeah LT, the psychological aspect to trading is difficult for me right now.

i can see certain things coming up, but the application of entries/exits is very poor.

as is sticking to my targets and not getting greedy.

i'll pm u re the music stuff.

Hello Dr. Blix,

Good luck mate

Excellent post FT. It is easy to think that we are the only ones going through the pains and how much better everyone else is than ourselves and wonder whether we will ever be able to make consistent money, so it is nice to have a "shot in the arm" post now and again.

All the best to you to sir!(y)

I heard Wallstreet1928 say that he uses buy signals...

long 4276.5 (didn't wait for the confirmation retracement which is very noobish)

...from s&p 500 to trade the ftse, I assume that s&p500 is the primary market it makes sense.

good luck

yeah LT, the psychological aspect to trading is difficult for me right now.

i can see certain things coming up, but the application of entries/exits is very poor.

as is sticking to my targets and not getting greedy.

i'll pm u re the music stuff.

I can agree with this Dr B. I do much the same, a lot of the time missing opportunities that I can clearly see in my charts and then wishing and regretting. At the same time I meddle a lot with a live trade and that makes mistakes. if we could get a handle on entries and exits and disperse with emotions we would be much more on the winning side of the trades.

Take Londontraders recent trade at long 4270, his target was 10 pips. He got 10pips with target achieved. He could have had 20 pips by now but the focus is on he walked away with his traget achieved.

yeah BW, charting is def the easier side of trading! not a concept u can grasp until you've got your feet wet.

yeah SD, i use the SPX to trade the ftse from 2.30 on...i thought SPX was just taken from the FTSE pre 2.30..is that not the case?

I dont recall Wallstreet1928 mentioning which time of...

yeah BW, charting is def the easier side of trading! not a concept u can grasp until you've got your feet wet.

yeah SD, i use the SPX to trade the ftse from 2.30 on...i thought SPX was just taken from the FTSE pre 2.30..is that not the case?

..day it should be used, but i think S&P 500 is not priced off the ftse100.

Here is a new idea from my side:
I have been doing few ''cant explain the strategy'' trades for the last 2 months. It is simple.
I only look for UK high value shares like Rio,anglo,BHP, astrazeneca,Randgold... At the end the close i either go long or short on one of these depending on the days moves. For e.g. I went short on Anglo yesterday at 4.28pm and closed this morning for 20 point profit.the reason was anglo was up more than 10% on the news of few takeover interests, whereas the dow was not doing much at uk close.so i thought Anglo will go down atleast 2% next morning. If you look at astra, it is only going up for the last few days, so it is fair to bet on long at the close depending on the overall market movement.
But you should be careful about any company news,results or ex-div,...

Just a thought from my side and i am doing well with this strategy though i only use £1 or £2 a point.

Happy trading

Status
Not open for further replies.