Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning chaps..........

I am feeling Bullish and Bearish.............

I will feel bullish and will be looking for longs at the open on oversold bounce as FTSE near 4300 level ........

and then later in the afternoon i will be looking for shorts ........

obviously based on the way the market moves

Morning everyone.

Well I did say I was going to wait for the FTSE to hit 4300 before I opened a short position... but i got an itchy trigger finger last night and went short at 4340 :eek:

Looked like a good place to go short with the pullback to the S/R level around 4350. SL 4385.

morning morning.. whipshaw city!

market makers in a playful mood this am i see. try and stop a few of us noobs out before getting the day under way.

cheeky bounders :rambo:

shorted 4434

closed for +10 pts

thank you again WS, i had a large stop, otherwise that swing north would have stopped me out.

i must stop having my little morning flutters :eek:

btw carlos have u seen this smiley? :shuriken: NINNJJAAAAA

Last edited:
shorted 4434

closed for +10 pts

thank you again WS, i had a large stop, otherwise that swing north would have stopped me out.

i must stop having my little morning flutters :eek:

btw carlos have u seen this smiley? :shuriken: NINNJJAAAAA

good to hear that my friend

wider stop s are essential in this environment we are are trading in...........markets are so volatile, a 10 point stop = 5 @ present?

markets should be bullish today, VIX hit a 5 day high yesterday, how about a buy order at todays high and a sell order at todays low ?

at 9.30 UK time, we have some Inflation data for UK,

Last edited:
markets should be bullish today, VIX hit a 5 day high yesterday, how about a buy order at todays high and a sell order at todays low ?

Could you elaborate on that sd? I am aware of the VIX but not the relationship between a higher VIX and bullish sentiment. Push me in the right direction and I´ll have a look.

Cheers in advance.:cool:

Risk = reward, If you check a chart of the VIX,....

Could you elaborate on that sd? I am aware of the VIX but not the relationship between a higher VIX and bullish sentiment. Push me in the right direction and I´ll have a look.

Cheers in advance.:cool:

.. when VIX is at a 5 day high market tends to rise the following day, this link....

http://www.cboe.com/publish/ResearchNotes/Research_notes_5-1-09_Issue_2.pdf

VIX is a measure of expected future volatility derived directly from S&P 500 Index (SPX) options prices, which reflect the overall market’s opinion of how stock prices may move in the future. Dubbed the investor’s “fear gauge,” it is more accurate to think of VIX as a yardstick of investor uncertainty.
Although VIX has a general negative correlation with the stock market, and some traders use VIX in conjunction with other indicators to assess the market, VIX was not devised as a crystal ball to predict stock prices, the direction of the market or market highs or lows. The VIX was meant to predict the market’s expectation of future fluctuations and, as recently seen amidst one of the most turbulent and uncertain periods since the Great Depression, VIX continues to accurately measure anticipated future volatility and to work exactly as intended.

hope this helps

.. when VIX is at a 5 day high market tends to rise the following day, this link....

http://www.cboe.com/publish/ResearchNotes/Research_notes_5-1-09_Issue_2.pdf

VIX is a measure of expected future volatility derived directly from S&P 500 Index (SPX) options prices, which reflect the overall market’s opinion of how stock prices may move in the future. Dubbed the investor’s “fear gauge,” it is more accurate to think of VIX as a yardstick of investor uncertainty.
Although VIX has a general negative correlation with the stock market, and some traders use VIX in conjunction with other indicators to assess the market, VIX was not devised as a crystal ball to predict stock prices, the direction of the market or market highs or lows. The VIX was meant to predict the market’s expectation of future fluctuations and, as recently seen amidst one of the most turbulent and uncertain periods since the Great Depression, VIX continues to accurately measure anticipated future volatility and to work exactly as intended.

hope this helps

Thanks sd. I am studying this now. This sort of input is really useful to a thread like this one.

Chars very much!(y)(y)(y)(y)

@ carlos b, my youtube dog exercising video got removed from thread, yet this maths geek remains ? give me the dog exercising vid anyday

Trade2Win Vote

a, Dog exercising

b, Maths geek

c. non of the above

@ carlos b, my youtube dog exercising video got removed from thread, yet this maths geek remains ? give me the dog exercising vid anyday

Trade2Win Vote

a, Dog exercising

b, Maths geek

c. non of the above

or

d: the nolan sisters floor trading in the nude... d all the way surely?!

Status
Not open for further replies.