Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hope we're trading what we see and not what we hope leo! :)

Yep me too! :LOL:

Well heres what I see, a long retracement after a big bear market, followed by two (and maybe we're about to see three) failed attempts for the price to maintain a level above 4500 :

Attachments

• ftsebomb.jpg
    ftsebomb.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 93
Yep me too! :LOL:

Well heres what I see, a long retracement after a big bear market, followed by two (and maybe we're about to see three) failed attempts for the price to maintain a level above 4500 :

heheh...nice graphics leo...reminds me of zaxxon :)

Zaxxon? :googles it:

Ah, that was before my time I'm afraid!

I see we've broken lower than your 4489 level now. On the 15min and lower charts it looks like we have a support level at 4484.

Zaxxon? :googles it:

Ah, that was before my time I'm afraid!

I see we've broken lower than your 4489 level now. On the 15min and lower charts it looks like we have a support level at 4484.

before your time?! man, i feel old now :)

yeah i have sup @ 4485 too, on my 10TF it looks like we're toying with my 21MA...be happy if we get an open bar below that (4488)

short 4495

i have an MA a price support and an up T line...ALL at 4488...i'll be much more comfortable if it can get through those.

closed for BE.

i'm not losing a single point today, i only have 9 pts to my target...if it opens below my MA then i'll go short again.

blimey, this is how bad i am at this:

i closed my short for breakeven, then it went south...i then made the nOOb mistake of opening a position because i 'thought i was going to lose out'. i opened at 4484!!

How come you closed your first position? Also, do you have a target on the southside?

well that's me done.. only +5 inc spread today but this market is obviously affected by closure of the markets SD mentioned wherever they may be - i've seen milk turn quicker!!
am gonna keep an eye on the US open for while instead of getting involved

gl if you are in

How come you closed your first position? Also, do you have a target on the southside?

i closed my position through fear of it moving against me...i don't think that was particularly silly though...just overly cautious.

what was embarrassingly stupid was impulsively opening at 4484, just because i though i might miss out...real rookie error that one. didn't even really have a target...but then it wasn't a decision made out of any analysis anyway...i have lots and lots to learn!

Ah ok. Well hopefully that will be one of those "eureka" moments which you won't do again. I keep having moments like that and I'm finding them really useful on the journey to becoming a "trader".

Are you still in your short from 4484? We're breaking down now, might pause at 4470 though

Yup same, although some of the new features are pretty good. Alerts etc... especially as they're essentially free.

Unfortunately on the new advanced charts you can't set the trading hours like you could on the old advanced charts. This is really annoying!

Ah ok. Well hopefully that will be one of those "eureka" moments which you won't do again. I keep having moments like that and I'm finding them really useful on the journey to becoming a "trader".

Are you still in your short from 4484? We're breaking down now, might pause at 4470 though

yeah i'm still in my short, i have a price level at 4475 which is giving support by the looks of it...maybe i should close now an grab a few points. i think 4475 will be quite important, it was the closing of the mornings opening bar. if it goes lower, i have 4468 next...which incidentally was the lowest range of the mornings opening bar (10TF).

key reversal happening on the 5TF right now...hopefully it's a false break north.

IG advanced charts, I cant figure out how this stuff works, they should have a manual you can print off, are able to set alerts on indicators ?

what target you got leo?

just looked at a 1hTF and suddenly 4454 didn't seem impossible.

My targets are first at 4454ish, then 4400, 4300 then 4180. May take a few days/weeks to get there though!

IG advanced charts, I cant figure out how this stuff works, they should have a manual you can print off, are able to set alerts on indicators ?

Looks like you can. If you click on the alert button (golden bell) then it should come up with a crosshair. Click that where you want to set the alert

LeoE that's great, if it had a chime that sounds every 10mins it would be the very versatile indeed

Last edited:
we're respecting an echo of an up T line taken from this morning.

hopefully it should hit 4485 then reverse back south...hopefully!

any news events on the horizon SD?

Status
Not open for further replies.