Wallstreet1928 Analysis & live calls on FTSE,DAX,S&P...aimed to help New traders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good weekend everyone

just got back from cricket

we beat Bowdon after bowling them all out for 125 ...but my thumb is really sore after a drop catch in slip!! Ouch..........

Anyway back to my weekend Analysis

as always i highly recommend watching Inthemoneystocks videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/inthemoneystocks?gl=GB&hl=en-GB

Nasdaq analysis

2 yr chart ................ neck-tie of 200 & 20 MA will be solid support @ 1370, if broken then next level 1300's.............If held then 1460 above here we come!!

1 yr chart - uptrend seams to have run out of steam .......red trend line indicating it, next level 1370!!

3 month, 4 hrs - this time frame also confirms the break out on the downside to 50 MA which coincides with 1370 again(interesting) , Nasdaq leads the S&P so I would also make the assertion that 930 is the high for S&P and we are heading southwards for now??

1 month , 1 hr - bearish again - red trendline channel depicts breakout on the down side , target of 1360 , 200 MA .......

1 week , 10 min - red trend line apparent ........beautiful short opportunities on every occasion

conclusion = short market .............downward targets of 1570 initially, if broken then 1360 - 1350 - 1340 !!

the leader is failing............So its followers shall also show signs of weakness

lets move onto the S&P

im watching the nasdaq with interest too.

Question for Wallstreet...

Wallstreet, can I ask what method of confirmation you use for trend line breaks or bounces?

I had read of a few methods recently - e.g. price should move 3% above the trend line... waiting for the start of a new candle to be formed beyond the trend line... waiting for the close of 2 candles beyond... using an indicator to confirm, etc.

For M10, I was thinking confirmation could be waiting for a candle to close above/below a broken trendline, and then waiting for the next candle to make a new high/low beyond the previous candle. Otherwise I was thinking of some kind of break out/pull back method - i.e. buying/sellng the pullback. Anyway, not sure if these are reasonable strategies tbh :confused:

How do you decide?

PS, thanks for the NAS analysis btw!

It would be great if more people posted there analysis, simply as it may point out something you have missed. It's so easy to miss crucial trendlines, and get lost when the markets moving quickly.

Enjoy the sun everyone!

S&P weekend analysis

1 yr daily - 930 ............important figure, failure to go above will bring 890 back into play
watching red trend line channel - failure to break 930 will bring 890 coinciding with orange trend line

above 930, then we all know next level is 200 MA 950 ..........

1 week 10 min - important numbers

931 .....if broken then 950 as already mentioned

925 - if broken then 921(3 trendlines neck tie) & 918(50MA) .......if theses supports are not held then 914(thursdays low ) ............and then 908 (gap fill)

1 month 60 min - red candle shows failure of the retest of 930 region

conclusion - I will certainly be looking to short this market as we continue to show failure of rising above the 930 level , not to mention the weakness in the Nasdaq.

stop loss above 931 ........if triggered then I will certainly change my bias and look to go long

Attachments

• 1 week 10 mins.png
    1 week 10 mins.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 98
  • 1 yr daily S&P.png
    1 yr daily S&P.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 110
Wallstreet, can I ask what method of confirmation you use for trend line breaks or bounces?

I had read of a few methods recently - e.g. price should move 3% above the trend line... waiting for the start of a new candle to be formed beyond the trend line... waiting for the close of 2 candles beyond... using an indicator to confirm, etc.

For M10, I was thinking confirmation could be waiting for a candle to close above/below a broken trendline, and then waiting for the next candle to make a new high/low beyond the previous candle. Otherwise I was thinking of some kind of break out/pull back method - i.e. buying/sellng the pullback. Anyway, not sure if these are reasonable strategies tbh :confused:

How do you decide?

hello there my friend

i keep it simple

I don't use any indicators -waste of time according to my understanding as you can always find an indicator to confirm your opinion. If they are so accurate then why are there so many, surely one would be enough. I may well be wrong and if its working for you then please do tell me otherwise .........??

I use 10 mins & 60 mins candles for confirmation ...........

hello there my friend

i keep it simple

I don't use any indicators -waste of time according to my understanding as you can always find an indicator to confirm your opinion. If they are so accurate then why are there so many, surely one would be enough. I may well be wrong and if its working for you then please do tell me otherwise .........??

I use 10 mins & 60 mins candles for confirmation ...........

Thanks WS.

I'm really dubious about using indicators for confirmation - I've been down that road before, and it's generally just cr*p. I am really looking for a good price action confirmation system. I only mentioned indicators as some people had suggested using them for confirmation.

How does your 60/10 min approach work? If the 60 is up, you follow the 60 on the 10..? Or do you look for pin bars on the 60? Or something else?

Thanks.

S&P weekend analysis

1 yr daily - 930 ............important figure, failure to go above will bring 890 back into play
watching red trend line channel - failure to break 930 will bring 890 coinciding with orange trend line

925 - if broken then 921(3 trendlines neck tie) & 918(50MA) .......if theses supports are not held then 914(thursdays low ) ............and then 908 (gap fill)

conclusion - I will certainly be looking to short this market as we continue to show failure of rising above the 930 level , not to mention the weakness in the Nasdaq.

stop loss above 931 ........if triggered then I will certainly change my bias and look to go long

surprise , surprise 921 already reached on S&P ...........now can this necktie hold as per analysis!!

Good weekend everyone

we beat Bowdon after bowling them all out for 125 ...but my thumb is really sore after a drop catch in slip!! Ouch..........

Nasdaq analysis

2 yr chart ................ neck-tie of 200 & 20 MA will be solid support @ 1370, if broken then next level 1300's.............If held then 1460 above here we come!!

1 yr chart - uptrend seams to have run out of steam .......red trend line indicating it, next level 1370!!

3 month, 4 hrs - this time frame also confirms the break out on the downside to 50 MA which coincides with 1370 again(interesting) , Nasdaq leads the S&P so I would also make the assertion that 930 is the high for S&P and we are heading southwards for now??

1 month , 1 hr - bearish again - red trendline channel depicts breakout on the down side , target of 1360 , 200 MA .......

1 week , 10 min - red trend line apparent ........beautiful short opportunities on every occasion

conclusion = short market .............downward targets of 1370 initially, if broken then 1360 - 1350 - 1340 !!

the leader is failing............So its followers shall also show signs of weakness

lets move onto the S&P

The leader brings the markets down ............

1370 first target as per analysis

will be buying Barclays on the open, anyone else here doing that? potentially another 2 bidders for Ishares

good morning everyone, anyone know how to find out if retail money is flowing into the UK equity market ?

Last edited:
S&P weekend analysis

All Indices weak as expected as .........

next target for S&P 914

Good weekend everyone

Nasdaq analysis

conclusion = short market .............downward targets of 1370 initially, if broken then 1360 - 1350 - 1340 !!

lets move onto the S&P

1st target hit

guys/gals, i am currently trialing some spreadbet vendors...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spr...rs-i-am-currently-trialing-good-platform.html

gft dealbook web is awesome & 1 pip spread. if you are still using a 2pip spread broker STOP!

(not affiliated with GFT)

Thanks letting me know about the 1 pip spread on the ftse with gtf . rang them up just now and they seemed very helpfull, only thing is they require a minimum open balance of £1800 which is fine.

Cant believe how stupid ive been ussing Igindex at double the spread !

Oh well i suppose u live n learn

Thanks letting me know about the 1 pip spread on the ftse with gtf . rang them up just now and they seemed very helpfull, only thing is they require a minimum open balance of £1800 which is fine.

Cant believe how stupid ive been ussing Igindex at double the spread !

Oh well i suppose u live n learn

Don't think you've been stupid til you try GFT and it works - having a better spread is like a headline rate on a loan, doesn't necessarily mean the product is up to scratch. I've heard varying reports on how well GFT runs, let us know (in FF's thread on this, not really the place here!) how it goes.

For my part my neighbour is an engineer at IG, I value a robust, fast system more than the spread, but open to thoughts on any new provider.

Don't think you've been stupid til you try GFT and it works - having a better spread is like a headline rate on a loan, doesn't necessarily mean the product is up to scratch. I've heard varying reports on how well GFT runs, let us know (in FF's thread on this, not really the place here!) how it goes.

For my part my neighbour is an engineer at IG, I value a robust, fast system more than the spread, but open to thoughts on any new provider.

I've looked into GFT.

Things I like: low spreads (though unsure if these prices are actually achievable. For instance, Tradefair advertised 1 pip spreads and I tried them and it was a joke - a little timer counted down from 5 to 0 whilst the order was filled! Then you'd be filled no where near where you intented - just awful!), informative staff who are always ready to help, has had good reviews from customers, decent platform and charting.

Things I'm not so sure about: The £1,800 first deposit ($2,500) seems very high for a Spread Betting firm - for me this kind of contradicts what spread betting is about - I may as well just use a regular broker. Not sure if their backtesting/automated system is as good as IG's. Also, trading through PDAs/iPhones is much more basic (i.e. no charts, so just a quote screen).

Anyone else got any thoughts?

I've looked into GFT.

Things I like: low spreads (though unsure if these prices are actually achievable. For instance, Tradefair advertised 1 pip spreads and I tried them and it was a joke - a little timer counted down from 5 to 0 whilst the order was filled! Then you'd be filled no where near where you intented - just awful!), informative staff who are always ready to help, has had good reviews from customers, decent platform and charting.

Things I'm not so sure about: The £1,800 first deposit ($2,500) seems very high for a Spread Betting firm - for me this kind of contradicts what spread betting is about - I may as well just use a regular broker. Not sure if their backtesting/automated system is as good as IG's. Also, trading through PDAs/iPhones is much more basic (i.e. no charts, so just a quote screen).

Anyone else got any thoughts?

I have been using tradefair LIVE this morning and it is the quickest i have used yet.

If GFT live is 1800 then no way.

I am currently testing Tradefair/ODL LIVE

tradefair is quicker than ODL but i cannot set SL on live order tickets which is no good.

However ODL is .5 &.0 on the pointage whereas tradefair is .0-.9

I am waiting for a dealingdesk live login.

These are the 3 i have wittled down. im not putting 1800 quid in for a retail spreadbetting account. get real. Can someone confirm this?

i wouldn't be happy having to hand over such a large amount of money to gamble with a bookmaking company.

do they give you interest on the large sum they demand in your account, as a broker does?

i've only used igindex to SB. i've found that when making small bets, the bet goes through immediately, as soon as i make larger bets they take a lot longer to process, resulting in an open position miles away from the price i opened at, an so far, never in my favour.

i wouldn't be happy having to hand over such a large amount of money to gamble with a bookmaking company.

do they give you interest on the large sum they demand in your account, as a broker does?

i've only used igindex to SB. i've found that when making small bets, the bet goes through immediately, as soon as i make larger bets they take a lot longer to process, resulting in an open position miles away from the price i opened at, an so far, never in my favour.

My findings as well DrB

1800 to open an account....sheeeeesh

Just a quick hello to all as I have been away for the last 10 days to the sub continent. First day back today in a new office here in canary wharf and guess what cant trade :( - new office and rules prevent certain ports to be opened on firewall. btw I use cityindex all internet based using Java.

If any savvy IT guys out of you can help or know any workaround let me know :( :(

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.