Best Thread Vwap Engine

30th March

No short-selling condition from INDU Cash has been breached. Equity indices have been rejected from Monthly Mean area. My expectation is that they will re-test Daily Means and then probably resume upward as it looks like a nice set up for April rally. Let's see..

This was written during a big red candle day, so much respect lv (y)

This was written during a big red candle day, so much respect lv (y)

Thanks Joey. As of now I am wondering why VIX is climbing up for the day. I am not gonna short the indices immediately but it doesn't look very good to hold any overnight position.

Thanks Joey. As of now I am wondering why VIX is climbing up for the day. I am not gonna short the indices immediately but it doesn't look very good to hold any overnight position.

I think it might be "buy the rumour, sell the news" - close out at 1:30pm whatever happens with NFP, but there's absolutely no science behind it :cheesy:

2nd April Thursday

A busy day... there are trends everywhere... vwap engine produced some very precise entry/exit signals for indices although overnight holding would catch the whole move. Greeeeeeeed is bad. This kind of trending takes place less than 30% of the time. So, as a hardcore index trader who watch indices day in day out, I must stick to my plan... that is to stay afloat most of the time even in whipsaw periods. VWAP engine is designed for both consolidation/range trading and trend trading.

Thanks to all the contributors on this forum. Without them, I wouldn't have progressed this far.

Final words - markets do repeat the same old tricks. I think I am beginning to see them. Still I think I can do better in terms of applying them effectively. Therefore, from now on, I will concentrate on

1) better trade execution and management, and
2) better capital utilisation i.e, optimum allocation for futures, stocks, and fx.

Last but not least, below is the chart for today.

Happy trading :)

Attachments

• 090402 EIX.PNG
    090402 EIX.PNG
    65 KB · Views: 233
3 April

Quick analysis on Equity Indices

60MC Cycles
-in bullish mode, so will not go short whatsoever unless a new TA set up is in place. INDU Cash(IC)could go back all the way to 7250 but if it happens the engine will get entry at appropriate place.

Mean Lines
- above all major SR lines, the nearest one at 7861 IC.

Gold is sub900 level worth noting.

VWAP Engine was flat today. No trades. As stated in previous post, equity indices are still bullish and there were some good long entries.

Other trades
However, I went long YM with slightly different strategy (purely based on INDU Cash cycle). It went well, but usualy story followed... set break even too soon and it came back for stop hunting.. out and it resumed upward movement. Later it came back for really nice long entries, but I was exhausted for the day. Been trading fx in the morning and took some stock trades as well. So, to cut the story short, I missed good long entries on YM/ES/NQ. Just realised it when I was doing end of day analysis. I think 12hrs days are eating me alive.

What a week! My first week back in UK... Some 12hrs trading days... And I enjoyed them thoroughly because I know I am moving into a new phase in trading career.

1WAY short

7th April

During march, 1way LONG set up took place for many days, this was explained in previous posts. Today was the opposite. It was 1WAY SHORT.

60IF was bearish since 13:30BST (8.30ET).
So, look to sell short on entry time frame (ETF) T3200 for ES futures.
Entry is just above VWAP, and once it broke below vwap, it signalled that the trade was going well as expected.

Easy profits for about 10pts. The funny thing is that I had to go out for a property viewing and didn't take the trade. But it showed that this set up was happening again and again and it almost became mechanical to trade this set up, one just needs to identify the set up as and when it is happening and strictly follow the rules.

happy trading to you all..:)

Attachments

• Oneway Set UP 090407 (ETF entry).PNG
    Oneway Set UP 090407 (ETF entry).PNG
    63.1 KB · Views: 238
8th April pre market

This is my plan. For longs I will choose NQ and for shorts either YM or ES. Let's see how they develop.

Attachments

• 090408 Before Open.PNG
    090408 Before Open.PNG
    74.6 KB · Views: 233
Same set up working again and again

9th April... the day before Easter Weekend

Indices were up before live session. 1Way Long Set Up is back..!!!

It is just the opposite of the day before yesterday (post #123 above). 60minute chart is bullish, drop down to entry time frame, wait for oversold at vwap, gold long.. and boom... stop at 2.5xATR of ETF, and target is previous high - 1ATR, or cycle over bought.

Closed the position earlier than expexted as I didn't want to hold a position into the pre-holiday afternoon.

Happy holidays for you all..:)

Attachments

• 090409 ES long 1WAY trade.PNG
    090409 ES long 1WAY trade.PNG
    71.7 KB · Views: 203
13 April Monday

Didn't have time to post yesterday hence this is the one for it. The set up was almost the same as the one in previous post i.e, 1WAY LONG entry with ES. Didn't take it as I was distracted with personal things. Still can't find a place to trade from.

Short from yesterday's mean (yM)

This is a beautiful set up, isn't it?

Market internals down, hourly down, entry timeframe just up to touch yM (7970) and cycle turning down from overbought levels.

Couldn't be any better...:cheesy:

Attachments

• 090414 YM.jpg
    090414 YM.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 226
15th April
Been out nearly all day but managed to "spot" some long opportunity in YM futures. Couldn't actually take it. However, very pleased with the way I am adapting vwap engine at 60M level.

Vwap Engine decision flow

Day - for strategic direction - to assess market mood

60M - key decision to take the trade trade yes/no, this TF cycle is the heart of engine

ETF (ticks level = 10mins) - always take a higher ground in this TF, if not no trade

LTF (lower time frame) - if required, for precision entry.

I tend to take entries at/close to various vwaps (current or prior days).

Stop = 2.5 x ATR of ETF
Target = previous vwaps (fixed) and/or 60M cycle OB/OS(dynamic, riding the cycle)

So far so good.

This is a beautiful set up, isn't it?

Market internals down, hourly down, entry timeframe just up to touch yM (7970) and cycle turning down from overbought levels.

Couldn't be any better...:cheesy:

Thanks for rep, Paul. This is the classic vwap engine trade. I don't have enough stats to prove yet but so far it is proven to be very very profitable set up. 100% moral booster! ;)

VE got two LONG entries for indices today, as of now, ym, es, nq all flying to the moon!! I will post details later.

16th April '09

The first thing I thought when equity indices were going up was ..."fly me to the moon..." as sang by our very own Grey1. He used to sing it whenever he was riding a nice move either up or down. :)

INDU Cash 60minute cycle was the main driver today.

Key points

* The up cycle started yesterday, so it needed breathing space to test or break above previous resistance area (INDU at 8029 area, ES 850 area, cyan dotted lines on chart).

* Initial sell-off was arrested at just above yMean (yesterday's mean, INDU 7961, ES 840)

* Up cycle resumed and Long signal confirmed at 19:00(UK BST ~ ET 2pm)

* Entry at today's vwap (INDU 8035, ES 851)

* Exit at INDU 8150, ES 865 when 60M cycles Overbought

One thing to add- market internals (MIs) also played a significant role in VE. Today's reversal up was confirmed by MIs.

Attachments

• CycX090416 IC drives up.PNG
    CycX090416 IC drives up.PNG
    78.5 KB · Views: 209
17th April Friday

VE rocked (again)!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Now, Inverser Fisher cycle has "Central line Dots" for long/short set up. It is no new invention, just to display zero line as green/red dots if it meets cycle conditions that I am currently reading it with my own eyes. I love tradestation for these userfriendliness. Now I can tell in 2 secs if I want to go long or short.

However, there's something I must admit (put on record here). I wasn't in for this obvious LONG set up. Been wathing it, planning to go long, only to have missed it because I had to go to bathroom and the signal was there during that (less than) ten minutes period of time. :mad::mad::mad: Once I came back all of them were up and my initial risk level had increased and I decided to let them go without me on board.

Achievable rewards are decent - 60pts (ym), 6pts (es), 12pts (nq)

Attachments

• 090417 bullish dots.PNG
    090417 bullish dots.PNG
    71.1 KB · Views: 215
Thanks for continuing these posts I find them of real interest. Can you say a bit more about how the IVF green dots are setup ?

Paul

Thanks for continuing these posts I find them of real interest. Can you say a bit more about how the IVF green dots are setup ?

Paul

The same situation happened in post #92. So it is not too difficult to find out. Basically, it means cycle mode is off and trend mode is on. If they are green, I will not short the market. I will go long at a lower TF O/S (and the opposite for the red) and expect price discovery at a new high/low or at least retest of previous high/low. Generally, it has the backing from higher TF (such as Day for M60 setup).

You will see many more examples as and when they happen.:)

Last edited:
Watch this space

Hi friends

I am giving some thoughts about this VE. Candles rightly said that I should be able to post live trades. What I can do is, I will post pre-market analysis 10minutes before market open here in this thread. It may not include charts as it takes sometime to do that. And then I can update if anything happens. If I do that in Dow2009 thread, my calls will be seen by more people, but I want my posts altogether for easy reference. It may also be confusing for those who are not familiar with my works. Lets give it a try.

Mind you, I won't be making calls at the exact entry point because I will be closely watching tick charts at that very moment. But it should be pretty close calls.

Last edited:
20th April Monday

I got mixed analysis this morning. All equity index futs are down. INDU Cash cycle, as of Friday close, is still in bullish mode. So, this engine will stand aside. If sell off is not strong enough, i.e, market internals do not follow this down cycle, then the engine will look to go long.

Things to watch
1. INDU Cash H1 cycle - bullish or will become neutral? If neutral, futures cycles to be used for selling
2. Market Internals - will they internsify selling during second half?