Ukraine invasion

They are not conscripts, they are resservists.
Maybe there is no difference in your country, but there is a big difference in mine.
As a compromise, lets call them reserve conscripts.
The Russian military is a hybrid format combining a traditional cadre-and-reserve conscript system and a contract-professional system.

And they didn't call up the maximum of 300k from the decree, 222k were enough.

1666107814999.png

;)

Not sure, but maybe they start understanding who the losers is with the U.S. sanctions.

reason - no more gas: 🤣

Estonia declares Russia a terrorist regime..

That sounds like fighting talk to me !

Estonia declares Russia a terrorist regime..

That sounds like fighting talk to me !

Why didn't that happen in UK or in France?

Ah, internet never forgets the truth about unimportant EU countries:

Others are more European and have overcome the corrupt Soviet behaviour:

This raises questions of responsibilty of the government and the military leadeers - or is it a new NATO startegy to flood the enemy with own soldiers as POWs?

Last edited:
R_L,
if Russian reservists (not new recruits) are not going to help Russia, then Ukraine's new recruits (not reservists) certainly aren't going to help Ukraine. It cuts both ways. That's just simple, plain, obvious common sense.
That's like saying if I don't like the taste of borscht, I wouldn't like fish and chips.:) Just because Russia is not training and equipping their new soldiers well, it doesn't automatically mean Ukraine is doing the same thing. For example,

And even if the generals weren't quite up to the job - for whatever reason - then they're replaced by someone who is.
Or someone who isn't;)

They are not conscripts, they are resservists.
Maybe there is no difference in your country, but there is a big difference in mine.
This is not about your or my country, it is about Russia.
In Russia everyone that has been a conscript is considered a reservist, and in Russia military service is compulsory.
It was pretty the same in Italy 20 years ago.
I completed my military service 20 years ago so if I were a Russian citizen I would be a reservist.

Last edited:

Update on Russian military operations against Ukraine for October 19, 2022
  • Russian missile and drone strikes continue for over a week, knocking out much of Ukraine's electric grid.
  • Ukraine is wasting precious small arms ammunition in failed attempts to counter Russian Geran-2 drones.
  • NATO claims it will send means to counter them - nothing of substance actually revealed.
  • Russian forces continue to advance in Bakhmut, indicating Ukrainian forces are stretched too thin.
  • Russian General Surovikin is focused on the defence of Kherson which is being evacuated.
  • Fighting may reach the city, Russia has in the past withdrawn forces rather than have them destroyed or captured.
  • Whatever gains Ukraine makes will be temporary - Kiev is trading its entire army for territory hoping for a political resolution in its favor ahead of a military resolution in Russia's.

Earlier - when Ukraine tried to sabotage his PR:

Now the revenge - PR without Ukraine:

Compare the faces :)