Ukraine invasion

Excellent article. Many thanks.
Seconded.
Some of this sounds depressingly familiar. This quote in particular . . .

". . . The novelist, Upton Sinclair was actually arrested for reading the Bill of Rights and Roger Baldwin, one of the founders of the American Civil Liberties Union, was arrested for reading the Constitution. President Woodrow Wilson accomplished all this under emergency powers granted to him by Congress in 1916.

Much of this anti‐Constitutional apparatus was scrapped after World War I. However, residues remained and eventually resurfaced. All it took were other national emergencies — the Great Depression, World War II, the Vietnam War, and so on. With each, laws were enacted, bureaus created and the budgets enlarged. In many cases, these changes turned out to be permanent. The result is that crises acted as a ratchet, shifting the trend line of government size and scope up to a higher level. . ."

And . . .
". . . In short, the Constitution was designed to govern the government, not the people. . ."
Call me an ol' cynic, but in the U.K. at least, it appears to me that the reverse is increasingly true. Yes, I know we don't have a U.S. style Constitution - but you know what I mean!
Tim.

I like Macron but he has to understand that talking to Putin is completelly useless.
In a recent interview Merkel admitted that only "deterrence" works with Putin, AKA military strenght.

I like Macron but he has to understand that talking to Putin is completelly useless.
In a recent interview Merkel admitted that only "deterrence" works with Putin, AKA military strenght.

I cant stand Macron. He's a slimy little appeaser turd. His interest is clear. Just wants an escape ramp for Putin so that the French can carry on business as usual inside Russia. And zero chance that he will back any calls for Putin to be held accountable.

I cant stand Macron. He's a slimy little appeaser turd. His interest is clear. Just wants an escape ramp for Putin so that the French can carry on business as usual inside Russia. And zero chance that he will back any calls for Putin to be held accountable.

He is working for French national interest. Especially in light of his treatment at the hands of the US UK and Australia deal in military defence.

Rejection is not easy to prickly lil souls.

The one thing c_v and I agree on (in the context of this war) is our feelings about Macron - albeit for different reasons. As for talking to Putin, surely your view isn't so entrenched as to believe that western leaders will never talk to Putin? Sooner or later, they'll have to - it's inevitable. The only way to avoid talking with him is if Putin achieves all his military objectives such that he has no incentive to talk to them! In the real world, these are the only options. So CV, it'll be interesting to see if you're still clinging to this view when Russia takes Kharkiv and Odesa - which they surely will in the fullness of time. The only 'weapon' the west has left to fight Putin is propaganda, but they can only keep that up for so long before the penny starts to drop among the MSM loving audience that the reality on the ground clearly doesn't match the quagmires of BS coming out of the BBC et al.
Tim.

From the Express article that c_v linked to in post # 1,384. This is a good example of western propaganda. The article is about the alleged number of Russian casualties and massive loss of military kit - planes and tanks etc. Then they show the graphic below. A five year old with learning difficulties will conclude that even if the Russian losses are anywhere near accurate (which, needless to say, they're not), then they still massively outnumber the Ukrainian armed forces in every department, such that it's nigh on impossible to see how they can possibly be winning the war (which, again, they're not).
Tim.

1654758025524.png

He is working for French national interest. Especially in light of his treatment at the hands of the US UK and Australia deal in military defence.

Rejection is not easy to prickly lil souls.
I do think he should stay home more and pay more attention to Madame Macron. I would....

@timsk
We all know those data, according to those Ukraine had to fall in 3-30 days.
As you know I think Kharkiv and Odessa will never be captured.
Besides propaganda US has declared that it is ready to supply Ukraine for years, I tend to believe that, they were running useless wars for 20 years, at least now there is something really useful.
Russia has a casualty rate 2x than Ukraine, they started to recruit old men and deploying old tanks.
When Putin will be tired he will ask to talk to freeze the war and keep Donbas.
Wars end on talks but when there is a winner.
The difference is that you think that time is on Russia side while I think it is on Ukraine side.

Last edited:
Macron is under pressure to bring results. If he can't settle peace in this war, the next election in France will be won be the far right and it's game over for him and his party. Maybe earlier thaan he thinks ...

Instead the world - mainly the UN, the U.S. and Europe - writes conditions for Ukranian support, such an unimportant country with a corrupt and criminal regime dictates conditions to the world. It's clear that this is supported by U.S. and UK.
- no access to Russian POWs by the Read Cross
- No grain export without foreign military in the Black Sea

The whole West is silent, also Merkel who is one who signed the Minsk agreements.

The question is how long will the world accept that U.S. dictate or when will the hungry people go to Ukraine and pick up the grain themselves there.

From the Express article that c_v linked to in post # 1,384. This is a good example of western propaganda. The article is about the alleged number of Russian casualties and massive loss of military kit - planes and tanks etc. Then they show the graphic below. A five year old with learning difficulties will conclude that even if the Russian losses are anywhere near accurate (which, needless to say, they're not), then they still massively outnumber the Ukrainian armed forces in every department, such that it's nigh on impossible to see how they can possibly be winning the war (which, again, they're not).
Tim.

View attachment 319000

This is where people don't understand.
Hardly surprising mind, most people have trouble deciding which sock goes on what foot.

Ukraine has home advantage. Could be as high as 6 to 1
All remaining Ukrainians are fighting this invasion.
Ukrainians nationals inform on Russian troop whereabouts, Ukraine military pick off and take out.
Fixed Camera and drone surveillance all feeds back to Ukrainian intelligence.

Russia wasting untold amounts of munitions bombarding everything in sight.
Ukraine targeting verified Russian positions. Conserving their arms.

Supply lines. The further Russia goes in to Ukraine, the harder it is to keep the troops supplied and the easier it is for Ukraine to disrupt.

This is why Russia is making little to no progress.

So no, Russia is not winning anything and ultimately will fail.

I was waiting for this :)
There are no perfect armies but is is always a matter of scale for war crimes.
It is access to POWs vs intentional bombing of town centers, cluster bombs, thermobaric weapons....
Are you - or Zelensky - Godfather?
Is it up to you - or Zelensky - to decide about international rules?
Do you think it is wise to "apologize" breaking basic international and human rules with any "Excuses"?
It's up to the international community to force Ukraine to hold standards.
Town centers are bombed when Ukranian forces are trying to hide in it, not for fun.

IF you want to compare war crimes start here:

Every crime has to be prosecuted, I am not for forgiving.
I am just looking to the big picture on what is happening and what cannot be denied.
It is something like 10 warcrimes for Ukraine and 1000 for Russia.

Last edited:
Another pointless non story.

Of course he won't be attending the meeting in person. He will never venture out of Russia ever again.

In fact, he shouldn't be allowed to attend online either. So, lets see who the appeasers are that would allow such a thing.

Unclear if Putin will attend G20 summit in November​

Putin at the Grand Kremlin Palace in Moscow

Getty ImagesCopyright: Getty Images
Over to Indonesia now, where Russian Ambassador Lyudmila Vorobieva has refused to confirm whether President Vladimir Putin will attend a G20 summit in Bali later this year.
"We cannot yet ascertain whether President Putin will attend [the meeting] offline or online... We still have time to think about that and await developments," Vorobieva is quoted by the Antara news agency as saying.
During a phone conversation with Indonesia President Joko Widodo in April, Putin said he would attend the G20 summit.
However, the US has since voiced opposition, saying "it can't be business as usual" with Moscow after its invasion of Ukraine.
It's rare Putin is seen in public nowadays, with rumours swirling about this health. Former MI6 spy Christopher Steele told the BBC yesterday the Russian leader would likely be gone within six months, suggesting he may be "incapacitated" by then.

We all know those data, according to those Ukraine had to fall in 3-30 days.
CV,
We've covered this before. It was a ploy to hold large troop numbers around the captial to enable the Russians to make huge advances in the east unopposed. It worked a treat. A similar operation is occurring in Severodonetsk. MSM report Ukrainian advances and the odd tank or bit of artillery destroyed here and there. All that's really happenning is that Ukrainian troops are being drawn into territory that they won't be able to retreat from and will soon be faced with the stark choice of surrendering or being killed. You need to watch the videos Histo' and I have posted to understand how this works.
As you know I think Kharkiv and Odessa will never be captured.
The only way to prevent that from happening is to negotiate with Putin. Otherwise the capture of these cities is pretty much a fait accompli.
Besides propaganda US has declared that it is ready to supply Ukraine for years, I tend to believe that, they were running useless wars for 20 years, at least now there is something really useful.
A) Once they've offloaded all the redundant kit they don't want they'll send modern high tech kit that's even more useless to Ukrainian forces as they don't have the training to use it or the logistic support. They'd be better off sending pitchforks - and I'm not even joking.
B) I agree the war is useful for the elites and the military industrial complex. For the ordinary wo/man in the street everywhere else - there's absolutely nothing positive or useful about it - no net benefit to anyone, anywhere.
Russia has a casualty rate 2x than Ukraine, they started to recruit old men and deploying old tanks.
Says who? Western BS propaganda CV - c'mon! ;-)
When Putin will be tired he will ask to talk to freeze the war and keep Donbas.
If you think Putin will 'tire' before Zelensky you could not be more wrong. Besides which, Putin is self sufficient in everything, he doesn't rely on a third party for anything. Zelensky, on the other hand, is 100% reliant on support from the west. When that dwindles - which it's already started to do - it'll be game over for him.
Wars end on talks but when there is a winner.
Agreed, and all the evidence (not propaganda) points towards Putin!
The difference is that you think that time is on Russia side while I think it is on Ukraine side.
Russia has all the time in the world. The clock is running out for Zelensky and, much like a taxi meter, the financial costs and needless loss of life is rising daily.
Tim.

Last edited: