Ukraine invasion

The point is that there are different shades of gray and Putin is much darker than Zelensky.
I don't think Zelensky is the most democratic leader in the world but it could be the most brave.
I remained in Kiev when he could leave, yesterday he visited the frontlines, 20 km from the enemy.
Zelensky was and IMO is not the problem.
That's what MSM is always trying to suggest: put it all on persons instead of facts.
He tried to reach his goals he promised before the election and couldn't count even one single hit.

The Ukrainian Nazis are the problem.
If they stay - even if Ukraine might lose some territory - it pushes up the influence of all Nazi groups worldwide. Did you ever think about why Nazis are successful networking on an international level - mainly in the dark net where it is hard to track them - while they are nationalists?
Their commonality is not unity in nationalism, but unity in violence, (white) supremacy, and contempt for all other people who do not fit into their filter and do not share their inhumane attitudes.

Is Zelensky a puppet of US? Maybe, just like every other western leader...
Agreed.
Is Zelensky regularly elected? YES
True, BUT he was elected on a manifesto to bring peace and unity and then, when he came to power, he did the exact opposite of what he promised. Had he stuck to his word then it's very likely this conflict would never have started.
Is Zelensky a nazi? NO
True, BUT as you correctly point out he's largely just a puppet controlled by others - principally the U.S. who will happily embrace Nazis (or any other extremist/terrorist group) to achieve their foreign policy objectives. (See the article I linked to, above). So, Zelensky's in the position that the Nazis within Ukraine have him by the short 'n curlies because he needs them to fight Russia and, more importantly from his personal perspective, if he pi$$es them off - say by agreeing to let Russia take the Donbas - he'll incur their wrath to such an extent that they'll turn against him and his life could well be in danger. He really is caught between a rock and a hard place.
Tim.

Neonazism is a problem but you are overestimating neonazism in Ukraine.
From my data neonazism in ukraine is mostly the same than in Poland and Russia.
The separatists ruling Donbas are as far right as Azov regiment and even more violent.

Last edited:
I agree with you about US , they support everyone to promote their interests.

If you acknowledge this then do you not see the problem it causes to democracy in other countries?

Robert Mcnamara after his soul destroying regret over the Vietnam war outlined how US operates her interests globally.

1. By support, they will first promise you the world and ensure you get well rewarded with money, status, rank and power.

2. If the US support (bribe - call it what you will) is not accepted, they go to work supporting one's competitors or even enemies.

3. If that also fails they then move over to threats and active participation against the interests of one's family

4. and ultimately potential death by ill heallth or accidental assassination.

One small example... Scott Ritter has been discredited with sexual enticement falling for underaged entrapment and publicly shamed and humiliated because he did not wish to promote the WMD agenda in Iraq.

Hilary was caught by receiving a donation from some ME organisation and immediately had to pay it back once exposed by a lobby interest group.

You talk of democracy but how do you weigh up the stealthy and very subtle, sophisticated interest lobby groups wielding power?

I agree and we can complain forever about corruption of US and their insane foreign policy.
I think they are wrong in 80% of cases but Ukraine belongs to the 20% where I think they are right. :ROFLMAO:
Democracy in US is pretty flawed but still a democracy.
Our leader are often crap but we can change them.

edit:

Last edited:
Everybody who is supporting Ukraine and its Nazis is violating the Geneve convention as a helper. That's also valid for Western politicians.

It's the BBC and the EU, c_v!!!
Would you like me to remind you what you think about both those organisations? At the very least, given all you've said about both of them over the years, surely you at least question the narrative they pump out? I get that it fits neatly with your view about Putin and Russia, but I'm genuinely shocked if you accept it unconditionally: you of all people must have your doubts.

So, here's the alternative narrative. . .
Ships can't leave ports like Mariupol because the Ukrainians have mined the surrounding waters and scuppered ships to make it next to impossible for large vessels to get in and out. But the BBC won't ever report that because it negates the narrative of 'Zelensky and Ukraine good - Putin and Russia bad'.
Tim.
Tim, you can quote whatever alternative narrative you like. Doesn't make it true ! Putin is still a total C***

Last edited:
Shoigu shares the number of POWs but not the number of the casulaties of russian army....
That southfront blog is as partial as TASS.
I am certain there are war crimes also on Ukranian side, we can cherrypick dozens of events, we are speaking of armies with hundreds thousands of soldiers.
It is a matter of scale, as I said at least 90% of the destruction we are seeing is caused by russians.
Ukranians ar not superheroes but assuming that russians are the good guys here is like assuming that the earth is flat.

Tim, you can quote whatever alternative narrative you like. Doesn't make it true !
c_v,
I didn't claim it was true.
Moreover, you know as well as I do - if not more so know because of your oft repeated views about both the BBC and the EU - that it's much more likely to be true than the narrative that happens to support your position. That must surely niggle you. If you want to claim otherwise, you'll need to provide substantial evidence verifying your (EU / BBC's) narrative and disproving mine.
Putin is still a total C***
Again, I agree. And he may well be a gangster too and everything else you say, but they are irrelevant to what's going on and don't justify regime change at the risk of nuclear war. If your benchmark for toppling world leaders is merely that they're 'gangsters' and 'total c****', then you'll want to get shot of every last one of 'em the world over!
Tim.

Last edited:
Ukranians ar not superheroes but assuming that russians are the good guys here is like assuming that the earth is flat.
If I wrote out: 'There are no good guys and bad guys - they're all bad guys' 100 times - would that be sufficient for you stop alleging that 'we' are trying to make Putin and Russia out as 'good' guys? Please CV, just tell me - whatever it takes - because this is becoming really tiresome. If it continues, I/we will retort that you think Zelensky and Ukraine are superheroes, even though I understand and accept completely that you know they're not.
Tim.

Oh what a surprise. Putin running scared now.​

Russia votes to leave European Court of Human Rights​

Russia's parliament has passed two bills ending the European Court of Human Rights’ jurisdiction in Russia, after it announced it would exit the court in March amid the conflict in Ukraine.
The ECHR aims to apply and protect the civil and political rights of the continent's citizens, and this previously provided a way to pursue legal and human rights cases against Russia that had either been rejected or ignored by Russian courts.
One of the bills removes Russia from the court's jurisdiction and the second bill sets 15 March as the cut-off point, meaning rulings against Russia made after that date are not to be implemented, the RIA Novosti news agency reports.
The Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe expelled Russia from the organisation on 15 March, which the ECHR is part of, in response to Russia‘s invasion of Ukraine.
Russia has said that it independently decided to leave the Council of Europe, with former President Dmitry Medvedev saying that Russia‘s exit from the organisation represented an opportunity to restore the death penalty, which the Council of European’s rules prohibit.

Oh what a surprise. Putin running scared now.​

Russia votes to leave European Court of Human Rights​

Russia's parliament has passed two bills ending the European Court of Human Rights’ jurisdiction in Russia, after it announced it would exit the court in March amid the conflict in Ukraine.
The ECHR aims to apply and protect the civil and political rights of the continent's citizens, and this previously provided a way to pursue legal and human rights cases against Russia that had either been rejected or ignored by Russian courts.
One of the bills removes Russia from the court's jurisdiction and the second bill sets 15 March as the cut-off point, meaning rulings against Russia made after that date are not to be implemented, the RIA Novosti news agency reports.
The Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe expelled Russia from the organisation on 15 March, which the ECHR is part of, in response to Russia‘s invasion of Ukraine.
Russia has said that it independently decided to leave the Council of Europe, with former President Dmitry Medvedev saying that Russia‘s exit from the organisation represented an opportunity to restore the death penalty, which the Council of European’s rules prohibit.
That's what your MSM makes out of it.

The original message follows, you're invited to compare.

State Duma gives thumbs up to Russia annulling compliance with ECHR rulings

The State Duma approved a package of bills on non-compliance with the decisions of the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR) in the second and third reading during its Tuesday session. According to the approved amendments, those ECHR decisions made after March 15, 2022 (the date Russia announced it was withdrawing from the Council of Europe) won’t be implemented. Additionally, compensation payments according to the ECHR’s rulings will be made only in rubles and only to accounts in Russian banks. That said, the office of the Russian Prosecutor General will be able to make payments according to the ECHR decisions until January 1, 2023.

The law also establishes that the ECHR’s rulings will no longer serve as grounds to reconsider the decisions made by Russian courts. The initiative also provides for the development of an additional compensating mechanism which will expand the grounds to cancel effective court decisions and make it possible to reopen criminal cases due to new or newly discovered circumstances.

"The European Court of Human Rights in the hands of Western politicians has turned into an instrument of political struggle against our country. Some of its conclusions directly contradicted the Russian Constitution, our values and traditions," State Duma Speaker Vyacheslav Volodin noted.

For example, earlier, the ECHR demanded that Russia recognize same-sex marriages, he reiterated. "And there have been a multitude of such rulings by the European Court. We cannot agree with this," he stressed. The top lawmaker specified that the decisions by Russia’s courts would have primacy over the ECHR’s conclusions.

The Russian Federation informed the director general of the Council of Europe that it was withdrawing from the organization based on Article 7 of its charter according to which any member of the council may withdraw following an official notification. Russia began the pullout process on March 15.

Everybody who is supporting Ukraine and its Nazis is violating the Geneve convention as a helper. That's also valid for Western politicians.

Does that include the Nazis to the east?

I agree and we can complain forever about corruption of US and their insane foreign policy.
I think they are wrong in 80% of cases but Ukraine belongs to the 20% where I think they are right. :ROFLMAO:
Democracy in US is pretty flawed but still a democracy.
Our leader are often crap but we can change them.

The founding fathers of the US created a Constitutional Republic not a democracy. The word “democracy” was neither used in the Declaration of Independence nor in the Constitution.

The founding fathers of the US created a Constitutional Republic not a democracy. The word “democracy” was neither used in the Declaration of Independence nor in the Constitution.
Interesting observation.

Surely the founding fathers deliberately avoided use of the term, where it would so obviously have had a fitting place. Have you any idea why they did this?