Trump Presidency and the Consequences

The latest news is Trump saying he might not strike.
Probably keeping the Russians/Syrians awake at night though.

Yanks probably sent their attack coordinates to the Russians asking them kindly to move back a little so no one gets hurt.

Russians have told them where the bus stops are as they will have to find alternative travel back home I'd guess.

I think those big fellas should listen to my comrade Corbyn. :love::love::love:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43730437

What is at the root of rabid "nationalism"? (I think I know starts with an R but I want your opinion) Can't we all just get along?

"conservatives" ya i want to "conserve" what was..

fk that. the rest of us are moving on.

the rest of us are learning

good god my neighbors look to heaven for answers to complicated question...

about humanity

we are screwed

everyone here, real smart guys , great traders, they will be ok. these guys could thrive ANYWHERE.

it's next generation i worry for..

you know not everyone is so smart

There's a pause, Trump reverted to domestic tweets, May - who knows what star system she is in today?

There is no stomach for it in the UK, people power (and power of the internet), giving them pause, no-one believes anything anymore, constitutional railroading is not down with the people since Brexit.

Sorry chaps, war is over already. The UN, the Germans, the real UK, no-one wants it.

Send troops to posture whilst 'investigate'.

It’s all down to Putin, he thinks he is untouchable, “we have the most nukes so we can do whatever we want,”.. Cheat in sports, shoot down aircraft, eliminate spies, the list is endless..He’s saying come on then what you going to do about it ? Just as I thought, nothing ! ..The guy has become one power hungry dictator and he needs to be stopped, He is testing Trump at the moment to see just how big his gonads are, I hope the big man doesn’t back down and launches the strike, then the world can bring Russia to it’s knees through sanctions, only then will Putin fall into line. That’s my diplomatic tuppence worth...:D

It’s all down to Putin, he thinks he is untouchable, “we have the most nukes so we can do whatever we want,”.. Cheat in sports, shoot down aircraft, eliminate spies, the list is endless..He’s saying come on then what you going to do about it ? Just as I thought, nothing ! ..The guy has become one power hungry dictator and he needs to be stopped, He is testing Trump at the moment to see just how big his gonads are, I hope the big man doesn’t back down and launches the strike, then the world can bring Russia to it’s knees through sanctions, only then will Putin fall into line. That’s my diplomatic tuppence worth...:D

Putin is smart..very smart ex-KGB. Way smarter than Trumpster. He doesn't want war, he's amassed billions but to keep it he has to remain in power. Where else will he go? But, to stay in power must show strong nationalism..strong posture against the americans ..thats what that UKRAINE was all about. Russia had just won a tone medals in Olympics, Putin was "strong" now with his base, Russian pride and all that so his move and made it.

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/

I'm always at a loss as to just how skewed news media reporting in the West compared to RT or Chinese news is. A case can be made for hijacked US foreign policy by vested interest groups.

There is no peace in the ME and one must ask why after so many years with the US at the helm. In fact policies reflect one of intentional chaos than peace.

Just as Russia manages to defeat ISIS and looks like some resemblance of order can be achieved avoiding a power vacuum and militias and all sorts of freedom fighting terrorist groups are laid to rest, AND Trump announces US is pulling out of Syria as they are losing trillions and gaining not much in return, "supposedly" Syria uses chemical weapons against not soldiers but civilians who pose no threat????

Is this a serious possibility or consideration for such an attack?

On the other hand use of such an attack suits the interests of other countries such as France and UK and the EU looking to secure their energy requirements by controlling pipelines to supply gas and oil into the Mediterranean sea. They don't want US to leave the area.

In this vision, Russia or Syria are a hindrance. They do not wish to share any profits or proceeds from such an ambitious project with Syria or Russia. Hence, the desire to remove Assad and Russia from their 30 year plans to take control of the country, implement a puppet regime much like the Sauidies and take the cream of the profits in any gas and oil supply lines.

You can be certain these plans will not stop here. Iran is next on the list as they have vast quantities of oil and gas too - supplying China. Objective will be to destabilise Iran another so called terrorist supporting nation and in the process cause a big headache to China's energy requirements.

I'm astonished at the speed of support for action when nothing has been ascertained as to who carried out the chemical attack. Especially by France and UK. They are literally begging US to help them by suggesting they'll join US and help with the attack. First we were told over 70 people died and 600 injured and then announced it was more like 40 but no one can see the injured or who they are supposed to be. Professionals looking for samples from victims to take and question but numbers don't seem to materialise. Yet withing an hour or two we were told this was Syria and Russia gassing civilians? Really???? :-0:-0:-0

As for poor old Trump he is up against the establishment desperate to maintain their actions and plans for the ME. To give him the eye, his long standing solicitor is searched by the FBI looking for dirt on him as soon as he announces US is pulling out of Syria. Sometimes I really feel they are looking at every piece of dirt they can find on the guy to get him by the short and curlies but the twists and turns are really something out of a fiction book. I don't believe in so many coincidences and now wondering if the war machine is really looking to remove him.

In fact what with the Skripal case I wouldn't be surprised these are all joined up. Both UK and France say they have strong evidence yet we see nothing.

It really is a sh11te world when UK and France and some bodies in US are soooo eager to wage war and people in these threads are up for kicking ar5e when there is no evidence and most rational reason points to something quite different. IMHO Some people want death and destruction and US to remain in the area supporting their interests. :(

Trump is going bananas over the Syrian situation.
Promising heavy blows which will be returned by Russia.
This could escalate badly.

Mrs Poodle should really have got permission from Parliament before helping Trump start WW3.

I'm always at a loss as to just how skewed news media reporting in the West compared to RT or Chinese news is. A case can be made for hijacked US foreign policy by vested interest groups.

There is no peace in the ME and one must ask why after so many years with the US at the helm. In fact policies reflect one of intentional chaos than peace.

there has been no peace in the middle east since biblical times :innocent:

Just as Russia manages to defeat ISIS [...] "supposedly" Syria uses chemical weapons against not soldiers but civilians who pose no threat????

Correction: US has defeated ISIS. Russia has no stake in doing so.Also, Syria is using chemical weapons to curb the uprisings against the regime.

You can be certain these plans will not stop here. Iran is next on the list as they have vast quantities of oil and gas too - supplying China. Objective will be to destabilise Iran another so called terrorist supporting nation and in the process cause a big headache to China's energy requirements.

I'm astonished at the speed of support for action when nothing has been ascertained as to who carried out the chemical attack. Especially by France and UK. They are literally begging US to help them by suggesting they'll join US and help with the attack. First we were told over 70 people died and 600 injured and then announced it was more like 40 but no one can see the injured or who they are supposed to be. Professionals looking for samples from victims to take and question but numbers don't seem to materialise. Yet withing an hour or two we were told this was Syria and Russia gassing civilians? Really???? :-0:-0:-0

no one can see the injured or assess the situation because ASSAD refuses to let any humanitarian groups in to do so. why??

As for poor old Trump he is up against the establishment. Sometimes I really feel they are looking at every piece of dirt they can find on the guy to get him by the short and curlies but the twists and turns are really something out of a fiction book. I don't believe in so many coincidences and now wondering if the war machine is really looking to remove him.

the truest thing you've said here

Peter

The recent airstrikes against 3 Syrian chemical warfare resources have got it about right in political terms: no official involvement/participation from the Russians and a severe blow to Assad without allowing him collateral damage propaganda. Realistically that's about as much as can be sensibly done. It won't stop the civil war though.

Seems that Russia & USA both keen to avoid escalation to "WW3" as postulated in some of the more imaginative and irresponsible media/press.

Syrian military up to their expected standard: fired their retaliatory missiles after Allied strikes all completed. :LOL: It would have been interesting to have seen (but politically it's good that we didn't) the performance of the Russian Growler (S400) defensive missile system - note that the Russians didn't give control of that to Assad.

there has been no peace in the middle east since biblical times :innocent:

Correction: US has defeated ISIS. Russia has no stake in doing so.Also, Syria is using chemical weapons to curb the uprisings against the regime.
No way jose :LOL::LOL::LOL:

no one can see the injured or assess the situation because ASSAD refuses to let any humanitarian groups in to do so. why??

the truest thing you've said here

Peter

US dissolved Al-Qaida and no sooner created ISIS to fight Assad. Allowed it to gain vast amount of land. Go into Iraq (which supposed to be under US control), raid banks and steal gold reserves, capture Iraq tanks and armour. ISIS even attacked Iranian targets. It then allowed it to sell oil to the Turks and Russians to gain more money. Those trucks passed Kurdish control points and everybody got their palms greased. Kurds are also under US control. Smuggling cheap oil in tankers for years they were. Various bodies made millions over oil tanker crossings.

You attribute this to a bunch of daft hot heads capable of covering 000s of miles of hostile terrain unhindered by US military or Iraq militia which apparently left their kit and ran away.

Far from the truth. All this happened with US consent as long as all players made money life was rosy.

US and UK all about regime change in Syria and it's all about the gas and oil pipelines as well as vast gas resources in the Mediterranean. A West friendly puppet regime much like Sauidies is desperately sought by the West and EU. That's a fact.

US and UK couldn't give a hoot about tribal interests or rebel factions. Key objective of fighting is to over throw Assad. They are all paid foot soldiers of no consequence.

UK always fought to prevent Russian influence over the ME and the orient silk road routes. Strategic interests remain the same. Not much has changed.

FYI guys... Good to read alternative news...

Lavrov: Swiss lab says ‘BZ toxin’ used in Salisbury, not produced in Russia, was in US & UK service

Interesting:

The characteristic that makes BZ an incapacitating rather than a toxic chemical warfare agent is its high safety margin

BZ is odorless and nonirritating with delayed symptoms several hours after contact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-Quinuclidinyl_benzilate#Detection_and_protection

That's the kind of agent that would allow someone to walk around for several hours, then become very sick, but not die.

Another interesting fact: Say you wanted to dose someone with VX or a related agent like Novichok, but also wanted to keep them alive:

Any compound that causes a rise in acetylcholine concentration can potentially overcome BZ-induced inhibition and restore normal functioning; even the nerve agent VX has been shown to be effective when given under carefully controlled conditions.

http://www.brooksidepress.org/Produ...uals/RedHandbook/007IncapacitatingAgents.html

If you were to dose that person with VX (or Novichok) and BZ, the two chemicals would tend to cancel each other out, making it possible to create a 'victim' showing evidence of VX exposure while eliminating the risk of death.

Likewise, you could administer BZ to incapacitate someone then, when they are in hospital, administer VX (or Novichok) to them to reverse the effects of the BZ and "coincidentally" create evidence of VX (or Novichok) poisoning.

FYI guys... Good to read alternative news...

Lavrov: Swiss lab says ‘BZ toxin’ used in Salisbury, not produced in Russia, was in US & UK service

Interesting:

The characteristic that makes BZ an incapacitating rather than a toxic chemical warfare agent is its high safety margin

BZ is odorless and nonirritating with delayed symptoms several hours after contact.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3-Quinuclidinyl_benzilate#Detection_and_protection

That's the kind of agent that would allow someone to walk around for several hours, then become very sick, but not die.

Another interesting fact: Say you wanted to dose someone with VX or a related agent like Novichok, but also wanted to keep them alive:

Any compound that causes a rise in acetylcholine concentration can potentially overcome BZ-induced inhibition and restore normal functioning; even the nerve agent VX has been shown to be effective when given under carefully controlled conditions.

http://www.brooksidepress.org/Produ...uals/RedHandbook/007IncapacitatingAgents.html

If you were to dose that person with VX (or Novichok) and BZ, the two chemicals would tend to cancel each other out, making it possible to create a 'victim' showing evidence of VX exposure while eliminating the risk of death.

Likewise, you could administer BZ to incapacitate someone then, when they are in hospital, administer VX (or Novichok) to them to reverse the effects of the BZ and "coincidentally" create evidence of VX (or Novichok) poisoning.

Isnt it funny just how mixing a few words up changes things...

Original quote: "Citing a report from the lab dated March 27, Lavrov said the evidence suggested the nerve agent used could be in the arsenal of the United States and Britain".

Thats "COULD" be in the arsenal of the United States and Britain".

See the slight difference there ? :whistling

Russia foreign minister has zero credibility, he opens his mouth and anything comes out, Im sure he has some form of learning difficulties, I wouldn't even try to form a conspiracy out of what has happened in salisbury, just look at the poisoning of Alexander Litvinenko, Deny, Deny, Deny :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy: nothing to do with us, The whole regime thinks they can get away with anything....

What do we tell people when they are getting bullied ? Stand up to them !! Because if you don't it will continue and get worse..Well it is continuing and it is getting worse, So well done to the coalition for carrying out strikes and i hope they keep on the pressure on Syria and impose much stronger sanctions on Russia.. Assad would be long gone now if his big bad bully mate wasn't standing behind him propping him up. Trump is no evil monster like these two,There on a whole new level and its not just Putin but his little inner circle of merry ex-kgb maffia government, The whole Kremlin is rotten to the core.