Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Feds Have Classified Anti-Fascist Activists As Domestic Terrorists

White supremacists, on the other hand, are A-OK.

It is becoming ever clearer which way the Trump Admin is headed.
Hopefully he won't be tolerated until its too late.
Does he still deny climate change after the Houston floods ?
Why were the flood defences totally inadequate ?
Is the mayor flooded out too ?
Are the authorities even trying to control the floods and sitting on their hands, not willing to pay for proper drainage channels ?
It is surely only a matter of time before the next one hits.

Last edited:
Let's not forget that police forces are once again to be the recipients of surplus military hardware. And Joe Arpaio was pardoned. And Trump has said that if he were impeached there would be a civil war.

How difficult is it to see where this is going?

In the meantime, today is VJ Day. Remember it by watching Objective, Burma!, 1945, dir by Raoul Walsh.

(Newsweek) US Department of Justice: Trump's Claim That Obama Wiretapped His Campaign is False.

Oh, dear.

One of Trump's policies is rule out of the smokescreen of chaos and disruption.
Personally I prefer to know where we are headed and harmony among different groups within and outside of this country. Less conflict and suffering all round sounds good to most people and markets.
Dump has plenty to think about with North Korea on the rampage. Lets see how he handles it.

http://granitestudio.org/2006/09/19/confucianism-and-a-harmonious-society/

Decide for yourself

trump got rid of daca,
this one really surprised me
I'm not sure what's going to happen now, it's sad that he did it exactly when fall semester starts for university students. I'm really confused on why he does some of these things...you have a voter base who put you in to roll back regulations and fix taxes, decrease military intervention across the globe, boost gdp by making american companies competitive, fix the corrupt education system, and improve infrastructure but he keeps going back to rolling back executive orders from a previous president. This is utterly confusing, I can't help but think that he may be mentally inept and only capable of miscalculations. Obama put DACA there so that republicans can rescind it thereby pitting the hispanic community against the GOP. With DACA gone.......any hope of the GOP getting the support of the fastest growing demographic in the U.S. is null and gone. This is truly a checkmate moment for the democratic party.

joe it's a nod to his base, and publicity, don't read too much into it lol

he's also pissed at congress for failing to fall in line over ACA so he's putting it all on them

joe it's a nod to his base, and publicity, don't read too much into it lol

he's also pissed at congress for failing to fall in line over ACA so he's putting it all on them

If he can neuter Congress I think he will and rule like Putin.

Hurricane Irma: where the storm is and where it’s heading

This map charts the course the storm has taken so far and shows NOAA’s best forecast for where it’s heading.

All part of a liberal plot to destroy Trump Land.

(Politico) More than a decade of budget cutting and a rash of government job vacancies are taxing Washington’s ability to cope with a one-two punch of epic storms.

The fiscal belt-tightening has coincided with an American migration to job-abundant coasts, where people are building bigger houses and taller condos while shunning flood insurance. Storms, fires and other disasters are hitting with more frequency and fury, forcing the federal government to cope with overlapping catastrophes. [And of course we've been deporting many of those who would be in a position to clean up and reconstruct.]

“After years of austerity politics, it’s not clear that the government is adequately staffed or prepared to address the catastrophe on the Gulf Coast and whatever happens in Florida,” said Joe Brusuelas, chief economist at RSM US, a consultancy.

There's a lesson to be learned here, at least with regard to austerity politics/economics.

He is probably claiming the hurricanes are fake news put about by the democrats.
Never before have they lined up to come raging in like the present lot.

I wasn't making an argument...
Unfortunately, I am outnumbered on this forum when it comes to Trump because most of them don't live here in the US to see the good that he has done. Of course he's not perfect but no president ever was or will be.

Peter

I wasn't making an argument...
Unfortunately, I am outnumbered on this forum when it comes to Trump because most of them don't live here in the US to see the good that he has done. Of course he's not perfect but no president ever was or will be.

Peter

One doesn't have to live here in order to see that he's been a disaster.