Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Maybe he can join the Brexiters for high tea on the veranda of the Imperial and they can reminisce about the good ol' days. :)

This is very important and critical imo.

Much like the Brexiters, Trump has the headlines and that moment of high interest will come to pass once, as international players respond to US moves.

Expectations that UK and US are important big players which can dictate terms to the markets are overblown imo.

Extract from your link highlights growth in trade moving towards the East.

But we don’t need to wait until then to see the potential: Already Europe’s trade with Asia--including China, Japan, India, ASEAN and Australia--exceeds transatlantic trade, at more than $1 trillion per year, and that’s before most of these high-speed railways, pipelines and other corridors are even built. No wonder European governments (and their construction companies) were tripping over themselves to join the Chinese-sponsored Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank despite American objections. Germany’s record trade surpluses aren’t going to be absorbed in the sluggish Eurozone, nor by protectionist America. For all of today’s uncertainty, therefore, this undercurrent is clear: Europe and Asia are brushing aside America's unpredictability and getting on with the business of building a new world order. So are the nations of the southern hemisphere.

Sadly, US is imploding up its own self and UK is aligning her stars with Trumpism. :(

I don't think Brexit is about looking inward so much as looking to extend trade outside of EU constraints.

It probably suits you're narrative to lump us in with the US, but I'm not buying it. :)

"Looking" isn't quite the same as doing so, preferably as part of a strategy.

Nor is desire or hoping other nations will want to trade with you instead of EU.

Bearing in mind in response to what is UK's USP that you asked - the reply which made me angry was well the EU is about to collapse anyway :mad::mad::mad:

Some freaking strategy that is... If you expect an informed opinion, we live in hope?

I don't think Brexit is about looking inward so much as looking to extend trade outside of EU constraints.

It probably suits you're narrative to lump us in with the US, but I'm not buying it. :)

You, Farage and Trump and the desenfranchised have bundled up the movement, along with pre-Austrian elections and now French, Dutch and German as giving the two fingers up to the establishment in the hope EU will implode or explode what ever you imagine.

Now you say it's me lumping them together. Get real CV.

I don't have an agenda or a narrative. Just global trends and economic analysis.

Trump is an embarrassment to the Royal family. Desparation of Theresa May's government giving an invite within first 7 days for a state visit is ludicrous.

Shouldn't you be waiting somewhere first in the queue, remembering to put US first. Move along.

Ooops, hang on. You can't coz your first in the queue. Just wait there. Trump will have you when his ready. :cheesy:

U.S. Life Expectancy Is Projected to Fall Even Further Behind Other Countries

American life expectancy has consistently lagged behind that of other developed nations. But the gap is projected to grow even more by 2030, according to a new study published in the Lancet.

Researchers from the Imperial College London and the World Health Organization mapped out how long people are expected to live throughout the world based on a variety of epidemiological and socioeconomic factors. While they found that life expectancy in the U.S. would improve to 83.3 years for women and 79.5 years for men by 2030, other countries will be in a far better position.

For instance, South Korea - the nation which tops the projections for life expectancy - will have women living to an average of nearly 91 years and men who survive until 84.1 years in 2030. In effect, that means that the average South Korean will live for six more years than the average American at that point.

So why the discrepancy? The study authors listed a number of reasons, including U.S. health care policy (a lack of universal coverage and less robust safety net compared to most other countries) and persistent cultural issues such as high obesity and murder rates in America.

"The USA has the highest child and maternal mortality, homicide rate, and body-mass index of any high-income country, and was the first of high-income countries to experience a halt or possibly reversal of increase in height in adulthood, which is associated with higher longevity," wrote the study authors.

And yet Republicans insist that we have the best healthcare in the world. (?)

Diet and exercise.

https://consumer.healthday.com/ency...at-s-wrong-with-the-american-diet-644659.html

You, Farage and Trump and the desenfranchised have bundled up the movement, along with pre-Austrian elections and now French, Dutch and German as giving the two fingers up to the establishment in the hope EU will implode or explode what ever you imagine.

Now you say it's me lumping them together. Get real CV.

I don't have an agenda or a narrative. Just global trends and economic analysis.

Trump is an embarrassment to the Royal family. Desparation of Theresa May's government giving an invite within first 7 days for a state visit is ludicrous.

Shouldn't you be waiting somewhere first in the queue, remembering to put US first. Move along.

Ooops, hang on. You can't coz your first in the queue. Just wait there. Trump will have you when his ready. :cheesy:

Never been the same since I told ya how all this was gonna unfold :LOL:

Shoot the messenger why don't ya.

And there was me thinking this kind of madness only goes on with the snowflake generation :LOL:

Never been the same since I told ya how all this was gonna unfold :LOL:

Shoot the messenger why don't ya.

And there was me thinking this kind of madness only goes on with the snowflake generation :LOL:

So what went wrong with the elections in Austria then?

Or your darling Leadsom?

Your Tory party more interested in protecting it self from losing power and destroying UKIP then looking out for the interests of the country.

Not half as rosy as it looks imo. Put a lid on the stink for now.

Davies has turned and expecting some noises from Leadsom... http://www.llantwit-major-today.co....mers' concerns&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2017

I'm sure they told her how grateful they were for removing those pesky EU donation signs. ;)

So what went wrong with the elections in Austria then?

Rerun cos of match fixing, with an outcome of 53/47, result stands. Hardly a pushover was it :LOL:

But none of that is the point.

The point is trends and direction of travel, and we all know which way things are now going, but as usual, some people think their ranting can actually influence the outcome.

Oooh hello! What's happening ear then????

Kelly also said there would be “no mass deportations,” adding that both statements were intended to correct inaccurate reporting by journalists. Opponents of Trump’s immigration policies often refer to expanded U.S. efforts in such terms.

Meanwhile Trump on Thursday described U.S. efforts to crack down on illegal immigration in starker terms. “All of a sudden for the first time we’re getting gang members out, we’re getting drug lords out, we’re getting really bad dudes out of this country at a rate that nobody’s ever seen before,” the president said. “And it’s a military operation because they’re allowed to come into our country.”

Kelly offered a different view. “There will be no use of military forces in immigration,” Kelly said. “At least half of you try to get that right, because it routinely comes up in the reporting.”

Is this the good cop bad cop routine to confuse and wrong foot the Mexicans?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/no...tary-against-immigrants-kelly-says-2017-02-23

And where do all these drugs come from? Yeah that's right, Mexico. No coincidence then that some central tenets of Trumps policies about deporting illegals, starting with the criminals and building that wall. In Trumps wholesome view of America, that is exactly what you would do. Clean up and ship em out. Go ruin your own country.

And where do all these drugs come from? Yeah that's right, Mexico. No coincidence then that some central tenets of Trumps policies about deporting illegals, starting with the criminals and building that wall. In Trumps wholesome view of America, that is exactly what you would do. Clean up and ship em out. Go ruin your own country.

Or one could simply make marijuana legal. No crime, no criminal.

Justice Department will again use private prisons

The private-prison industry is a formidable one, generating billions of dollars of revenue each year and giving significant amounts to politicians. The GEO Group and CoreCivic, for example, donated $250,000 to support Trump’s inaugural festivities, spokesmen for the companies said. Management and Training Corp. did not, a spokesman said. Separately, the GEO Group, gave $275,00 to the pro-Trump super PAC Rebuilding America Now, according to FEC filings. One $100,000 donation came a day after the Justice Department announced it would no longer use the facilities.

Marijuana is a soft recreational drug that is less harmful than smoking and drinking with quite a few beneficial effects too.

Lack of analytical ability to distinguish class of drug concerned with what the real problem is and what the possible solutions are leading to lock'm all up response is not the best way forward that's for sure.

What are ALL these drugs? On one side tabacco and alchol is freely available as destructive as they are then on the other mother natures pain killer is criminalised. Then there are the drug companies pushing all kinds of drugs with numerous side effects at extortionate prices.

Unable to determine or do the research before setting policy is just bad practice. Look at the California experience.

"Go ruin your own country" you say... Inference being US is great and it is being attacked and destroyed from the outside. So scripted. You surely must be a politician with those soundbites. Learning from Trump!