Trump Presidency and the Consequences

Geeze guys it could have been worse, you could have had Hillary for President now that is pure evil in a bottle. :devilish:

Rumour has it she ain't gonna go quietly ! Which is good news for the Republicans and dreadful news for the Democrats. :LOL:

We got One of those over here, T. B'liar'bility.

Rumour has it she ain't gonna go quietly ! Which is good news for the Republicans and dreadful news for the Democrats. :LOL:

We got One of those over here, T. B'liar'bility.

Wel, that's democracy for you. You all like that, don't you? If Blair gets in it will be because he's votesd in.

U.S. Life Expectancy Is Projected to Fall Even Further Behind Other Countries

American life expectancy has consistently lagged behind that of other developed nations. But the gap is projected to grow even more by 2030, according to a new study published in the Lancet.

Researchers from the Imperial College London and the World Health Organization mapped out how long people are expected to live throughout the world based on a variety of epidemiological and socioeconomic factors. While they found that life expectancy in the U.S. would improve to 83.3 years for women and 79.5 years for men by 2030, other countries will be in a far better position.

For instance, South Korea - the nation which tops the projections for life expectancy - will have women living to an average of nearly 91 years and men who survive until 84.1 years in 2030. In effect, that means that the average South Korean will live for six more years than the average American at that point.

So why the discrepancy? The study authors listed a number of reasons, including U.S. health care policy (a lack of universal coverage and less robust safety net compared to most other countries) and persistent cultural issues such as high obesity and murder rates in America.

"The USA has the highest child and maternal mortality, homicide rate, and body-mass index of any high-income country, and was the first of high-income countries to experience a halt or possibly reversal of increase in height in adulthood, which is associated with higher longevity," wrote the study authors.

And yet Republicans insist that we have the best healthcare in the world. (?)

U.S. Life Expectancy Is Projected to Fall Even Further Behind Other Countries

American life expectancy has consistently lagged behind that of other developed nations. But the gap is projected to grow even more by 2030, according to a new study published in the Lancet.

Researchers from the Imperial College London and the World Health Organization mapped out how long people are expected to live throughout the world based on a variety of epidemiological and socioeconomic factors. While they found that life expectancy in the U.S. would improve to 83.3 years for women and 79.5 years for men by 2030, other countries will be in a far better position.

For instance, South Korea - the nation which tops the projections for life expectancy - will have women living to an average of nearly 91 years and men who survive until 84.1 years in 2030. In effect, that means that the average South Korean will live for six more years than the average American at that point.

So why the discrepancy? The study authors listed a number of reasons, including U.S. health care policy (a lack of universal coverage and less robust safety net compared to most other countries) and persistent cultural issues such as high obesity and murder rates in America.

"The USA has the highest child and maternal mortality, homicide rate, and body-mass index of any high-income country, and was the first of high-income countries to experience a halt or possibly reversal of increase in height in adulthood, which is associated with higher longevity," wrote the study authors.

And yet Republicans insist that we have the best healthcare in the world. (?)

I agree with you here Db but on the other hand the Japanese model of keeping very old people on machines and tube fed through the nose, is not my idea of living long well.

We need a serious review of Euthanasia and a controlled exit from this world.

I always wonder why we don't have departure planning as we have family/birth planning???

I quite like the Vikings approach. When one can no longer wield an axe, one should consider leaping off the White Cliffs of Dover and become sea food.

Just my two pennies or cents worth :|

I always wonder why we don't have departure planning as we have family/birth planning???

Because so many people refuse to face the fact that they're going to die. They can't even use the word. Instead people "pass".

Yes, you're right. Perhaps "least worst" would be more appropriate.
Overly enthusiastic support for one candidate or a party suggests a triumph of hope over experience.

Because so many people refuse to face the fact that they're going to die. They can't even use the word. Instead people "pass".

Well I'm happy to hear you say it as it will come to be... (y)

Personally, I plan to end my own life when the appropriate time arrives. That'll be when I am unable get out of bed and wash my self or wipe my own ****. Which ever comes first. :)

President Donald Trump promises huge wins for the United States in the global trade arena, claiming he will use America’s market size and buying power to write better deals. It’s a worldview that assumes America’s economic might gives it almost unlimited leverage – and that the rest of the world will need to play ball if it wants access to American customers and finance.

That may once have been true. But a closer look at just how global trade has been re-aligning suggests that it’s likely to keep growing with or without us – and increasingly, it’s without us. Globalization is alive and well, regardless of whether the trade routes run through the US. And if an “America First” White House does start to retrench and retreat, there’s a good chance the biggest loser will be America itself. (more)

President Donald Trump promises huge wins for the United States in the global trade arena, claiming he will use America’s market size and buying power to write better deals. It’s a worldview that assumes America’s economic might gives it almost unlimited leverage – and that the rest of the world will need to play ball if it wants access to American customers and finance.

That may once have been true. But a closer look at just how global trade has been re-aligning suggests that it’s likely to keep growing with or without us – and increasingly, it’s without us. Globalization is alive and well, regardless of whether the trade routes run through the US. And if an “America First” White House does start to retrench and retreat, there’s a good chance the biggest loser will be America itself. (more)

This is very important and critical imo.

Much like the Brexiters, Trump has the headlines and that moment of high interest will come to pass once, as international players respond to US moves.

Expectations that UK and US are important big players which can dictate terms to the markets are overblown imo.

Extract from your link highlights growth in trade moving towards the East.

But we don’t need to wait until then to see the potential: Already Europe’s trade with Asia--including China, Japan, India, ASEAN and Australia--exceeds transatlantic trade, at more than $1 trillion per year, and that’s before most of these high-speed railways, pipelines and other corridors are even built. No wonder European governments (and their construction companies) were tripping over themselves to join the Chinese-sponsored Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank despite American objections. Germany’s record trade surpluses aren’t going to be absorbed in the sluggish Eurozone, nor by protectionist America. For all of today’s uncertainty, therefore, this undercurrent is clear: Europe and Asia are brushing aside America's unpredictability and getting on with the business of building a new world order. So are the nations of the southern hemisphere.

Sadly, US is imploding up its own self and UK is aligning her stars with Trumpism. :(

It's also consistent with what Joseph posted earlier. There was much to quote from this article, so I chose to link instead.

This "exceptionalist" attitude will ruin us.

dbphoenix & USA: Your troubles are over :LOL:

"THE United States could eventually become an “associate member” of the Commonwealth, according to plans being drawn up by the Royal Commonwealth Society. Royal Commonwealth Society spokeswoman Rachel Ilett confirmed the news to Express.co.uk. A spokeswoman for Buckingham Palace declined to comment on whether or not the Queen had given her backing to such a plan, saying it was a "speculative issue."
(Bet she thinks it's fake, but hopeful news)

Story from an impeccably unreliable source here: http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/771189/Commonweath-United-States-Queen-Donald-Trump-Michael-Lake