Trading the SPX

Ah ok thanx, mate wasn't referring to your stops, but I see what you mean in reference to them. 1209.2 is actually 78.6% fib ret from the highs to lows. I also have an expanding upper trend channel which sits around there at the moment.

Hi. My compliments for this thread. I read it regulary as I trade the S&P myself. Go on with this great job!

Greets from Germany

Stop at 1190, and short 1190 if it drops under this level.

Got a system over the months and hope that it works fine (so far it does)

Sorry, if I offended someone. You were so kind to recommend me a stop, and I just told you that I have a stop anyway.

Interesting chart Joules how were those lines (the diagonal originating at the highs) calculated, I don't understand the %'s. With a breach of the last one which currently looks to be about 1204 does that suggest a retrace?

Yes great thanx, likewise, lazy Saturday morning, am just looking through some charts trying to correlate the context of the months action.

roguetrader said:
Interesting chart Joules how were those lines (the diagonal originating at the highs) calculated, I don't understand the %'s. With a breach of the last one which currently looks to be about 1204 does that suggest a retrace?

What's happened to Joules?

Racer said:
A lot of his posts have disappeared

Yes hundreds, I was not aware that you could remove multiple post like that yourself, it would take an awful lot of work to do it one at a time.