Trading the SPX

Morning / Evening Joules.
Thought I'd post a close look at the SPX daily. Seems to be holding up quite nicely, so far, will be interesting to see the reaction to GDP, as there has been a lot of talk about this number over the weekend. Sitting tight under the 61.8% retrace from the highs. Rekon we're ok as long as we hold above 1184, breach of that should se a quick trip to 1179. North a breach of 1197.50 could yield 1203 - 1205. Could do with a catalyst, one way or other to attract a bit of volume.

Attachments

• SPX daily.png
    SPX daily.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 186
SOX leading here moving nicely away fromthat 200 week sma now, still there is a distinct lack of va va voom.

Superb post.

Hope members are listening....

This in my opinion is not the start of a move to 11,000......

This is just a warning in regards to 10,000.......

user said:

Superb post.

Hope members are listening....

This in my opinion is not the start of a move to 11,000......

This is just a warning in regards to 10,000.......

I am just sitting and waiting till the bulls wake up in fear! Very happy to watch them go a bit crazy, means they will get scared faster :)

UK banks extremely poor today, often FTSE has shown the direction before US. Several companies that I would have expected to be much higher, based on fundamentals are struggling to go up and in fact look more inclined to go down

Hi Joules, yes they seem to be extremely exhuberant bulls there recently, knowing the DAX they will retrace just as fast!

Volume comparison coming out of lunch shows the Nasdaq still around 10 - 15% higher than yesterday with the NYSE coming in more or less even

I read with interest Joules criticism of the statement "Nothing wrong with taking a small profit".
Joules is exactly right in most cases - let the profits run. (also not a good move to argue with a kickboxer)

I would like to add a qualification to it. Taking a small profit when your trailing stop or your changed view of a market tells you to bail, is a wise move (regardless of profit/loss). Otherwise let 'em run..

Joules MM1 said:
For those trading logically the small swings today in a four point range should be nice. The Long weekend tends to stunt the volume and lends a pos bias.

Thanks matey! I only go for small runs on an intraday basis!

Joules do you have any sort of wave projection that would give you a target over 1200 say around 1209?

Other than fib of course which that number is.