Trading the SPX

re: crude figures. does anyone know what the analyst forecasts were for the crude supplies? Noted the 3.9 m drop but was that better than expected?

EIA reports that crude oil inventories fell 3.9 mln barrels (consensus was a fall of 2.8 mln barrels); gasoline inventories fell 2.6 mln barrels (consensus was a fall of 1.0 mln barrels); distillate inventories rose 3.2 mln (consensus was a rise of 2.0 mln

cheers racer. Oil will probably be bought back esp. as rumours of more storms coming. Won't do anything for the Dow though. My worry is that Oil goes to 62 again and exxon rallies its brains out.

Joules MM1 said:
For some reason I am not getting the Altime high to Oct 02 low chart on Dow
Ok here it is on a monthly and for a better view on a weekly, cant get the figures to display within the daily.

Attachments

• Fibs on monthly.png
    Fibs on monthly.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 166
  • Fibs on weekly.png
    Fibs on weekly.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 171
back to the short term, are we going to clear 1225 or just meander back to 1200 region. I am hoping for a very unbenign CPI tomorrow and stick in some inflationary retail sales and that will be champion.

After hours

AMD reported a net profit for the second quarter ended June 26 of
$11.3 million, or 3 cents per diluted share, compared with a profit of
$32 million, or 9 cents, in the quarter ended June 27, 2004.
Wall Street was expecting a loss, on average, of 5 cents per share,
according to Reuters Estimates. Forecasts ranged from a loss of 17
cents to a profit of 5 cents. AMD reported a second-quarter operating
loss of $7.1 million, before calculating the effect of minority
business interests.'

Share price last year around $15, share price now $20
The shares went up in after hours trading after the news...
:confused:

lemput said:
back to the short term, are we going to clear 1225 or just meander back to 1200 region. I am hoping for a very unbenign CPI tomorrow and stick in some inflationary retail sales and that will be champion.

-- European Central Bank Chief Economist Otmar Issing said the outlook for inflation in the dozen nations sharing the euro has deteriorated in the past month, suggesting the bank sees no scope to lower interest rates.

``The outlook for prices has clearly worsened since June,''

well we are 600 points from the recent Dow lows of 10,041, SPX similar

have missed a chance to go long ever since last thursday. didnt get a decent breakout during normal market hours.. everything has been gap and run pretty much since then. bah humbug.

either way, its now in my territory for another short..

if we get a break of a previous day's low at these levels, i will be locking on a short..