The Next US President

Somebody should learn the tax code mongo. Children are not mixing business with pleasure. :LOL:

The businesses are put into a blind trust and he becomes settlor (or maybe not) and the children run the companies. Plus attribution rules don't affect step-children. Trump can even maintain ownership if step-family or family-in-laws run it. If a child owns 50% or more of a company, the father constructively owns it. All he has to do is divide it among enough people to avoid attribution rules and least common identical interests. If not, he can just gift wrap it for his children and be done with it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p049v0dm/americas-hate-preachers?suggid=p049v0dm

SUMMARY
Director Hannah Livingston spends six months tracking two of America's most radical Christian hate groups - a notorious pastor from Arizona and a network of preachers taking an extremist message directly onto the streets.

Scary stuff. :-0

One would think that "Christian" and "hate" are a contradiction in terms. It's reminiscent of the "divine totalitarianism" practiced under Franco.

Breaking news story US to quit TPP

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38059623

Does this guy sound like a nutcase or does he sound like a man who will get stuff done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xX_KaStFT8&feature=share

I don't think he has any clue on how Government works.

How policies are made and turned into law?

How they are implemented?

He has fantastic wonderful talented people working for him that he picked out. So hopefully there should be no problem putting Americans firrst as they are all patriots unlike the ones before by inference they probably weren't. :whistling

I don't think he has any clue on how Government works.

How policies are made and turned into law?

How they are implemented?

He has fantastic wonderful talented people working for him that he picked out. So hopefully there should be no problem putting Americans firrst as they are all patriots unlike the ones before by inference they probably weren't. :whistling

On the contrary. In a former incarnation, he was probably one of those who did lobby govt in his own interests and more generally, that of the rotten crony capitalist system.

You need to give this some serious thought.

Globalism is a race to the bottom. It's all about getting things done for the cheapest price. Destroying the middle and ensuring that more people end up at the bottom. A place where it becomes ever more difficult to escape from. While all this has been going on, the fat cats aided and abetted by govt just carry on getting richer.

Your answer so far is. Oh we need to stay part of the EU, change is no good, wer'e all doomed, what about my rights, oh my pension, nothing will work without mass uncontrolled unskilled immigration, the list goes on and on !

Seriously, you need to get a grip !

It's called neo-feudalism. The last time we went through this, it took a thousand years to escape from it. Not so long this time, but it will be difficult and even painful.

On the contrary. In a former incarnation, he was probably one of those who did lobby govt in his own interests and more generally, that of the rotten crony capitalist system.

Globalism is a race to the bottom. It's all about getting things done for the cheapest price. Destroying the middle and ensuring that more people end up at the bottom. A place where it becomes ever more difficult to escape from. While all this has been going on, the fat cats aided and abetted by govt just carry on getting richer.

Your answer so far is. Oh we need to stay part of the EU, change is no good, wer'e all doomed, what about my rights, oh my pension, nothing will work without mass uncontrolled unskilled immigration, the list goes on and on !

It's amazing how you have changed? :LOL:

:-0

I must be seeing things. It does not get more on the nose than that. :clap:

It's called neo-feudalism. The last time we went through this, it took a thousand years to escape from it. Not so long this time, but it will be difficult and even painful.

Yeah and this is how it looks.

Just in case anyone thinks they are doing ok....think again !

Attachments

• neo-feudalism.jpg
    neo-feudalism.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 142
Not at all, consistent message all the way through.

Like I said in the Brexit thread the other day, you have to understand the difference, otherwise it's impossible to make progress.

This might help.

http://www.thedailybell.com/editorials/richard-ebeling-free-market-capitalism-vs-crony-capitalism/

I've read that article and got well confused between free market and crony capitalism. Freedom, liberty and the individual.

That article can mean anything one wants it to mean. If it means what I think it means; a more equitable (fair) distribution of the wealth, yes I agree with it.

As for ones understanding of this new term that everyone is talking about - Globalisation, just swap that word with Multinational Corporation.

Globalism is a race to the bottom. Bottom of what? It's all about getting things done for the cheapest price. No it is not. It is about locating near either your market ie customer, or input source; Land or Labour or Technology. That's why US is the best place for technology start ups. Not because they are cheap but because technology is most advanced with skilled labour.

On the other hand Nissan another multinational (globalisation +ve in this case as it is inward to the UK located in the UK. After BL wound down, we had the skilled labour looking for work, as well as desperate time meant they got inducements from Government. Also to overcome EU requirements about certin % of value added production being made in an EU member state. Hence, they located in the Midlands.

No bottoms here mate. Just business decisions to be made. Ford has decided to make small cars in Mexico. DT didn't stop Ford plant from closing as it was never going to close. Small cars not in demand in the US and cheaper to produce in Mexico. So get your manufacturing nearer your market and produce cheaper.

You may see one bottom if you are referring to lower cost of production. However, if US forced to produce in US and costs 45% higher it means you'll lose global market share and will not do well in export markets. Just business decisions.

Destroying the middle and ensuring that more people end up at the bottom. A place where it becomes ever more difficult to escape from. While all this has been going on, the fat cats aided and abetted by govt just carry on getting richer.Agree with you here. Always said we should have more equitable distribution of wealth and have been very much against the fat cats.

EU is the largest GDP trading block just outside our door adn we have full access. Why would anyone want to step away when we are doing so well. Yes control and tighten borders, send back illegals and enforce distinction between travel, student and work visas but talk of hard brexit etc going against strong preference of CBI and City of London is a bad idea.

Change is good. We are not all doomed, just the City of London and the Northern regions of the UK, airbuis producers, satellites and University funding. I know Theresa May's promised 2bn but that remains to be seen and there was not much detail on composition of where that money will be targeted. ie Defence, which has no consumer benefit.

Apparently 30-40% of the 100,000 people working in rail are foreign. To build HS2 it is envisaged we need 10,000 engineers. UK is very short on these skills and quite a few with technology bias. Train internally or import? Make your call.

One part of me is delighted with your transformation comrade but the other part is well confused with what you free marketeers so called capitalists are all about.

I guess I'm now a Crony Capitalist. You hearing this Mr Charts. :cheesy:

Thirteen days after winning the presidential election, Donald Trump announced on Twitter that no one should worry about the potential conflicts of interest he could face over his range of global properties because everyone knew about them when they elected him. He blamed any questions of impropriety on the media for reporting on them.

The evening tweet from the president-elect reads: “Prior to the election it was well known that I have interests in properties all over the world.Only the crooked media makes this a big deal!”

Of course you are, Atilla !
Unless you work directly for the state, we are all capitalists - hurray !

I see Trump is now picking our ambassador to the US for us.

I don't want to offend our US Trumpeteers, but since they call HRC "Hitlery and Killery" then I shall call a spade a spade, that is Trump the Chump who always gets the Hump.

In fact who could I be talking about? Clues below :

chump obviously
dump wishful thinking
hump overly sensitive
jump at everything, see above
lump everybody who doesn't support him together
pump anyone in a skirt
rump smacks them if they are female

That fine line between "conflict of interest" and "corruption"

It turns out — brace yourselves — that alleged billionaire Donald Trump has several business interests that could overlap with parts of the world he'll be crafting America's foreign policy toward as president. [Washington Post / Drew Harwell and Anu Narayanswamy]

You could refer to these as "conflicts of interest." Or if you're of a more cynical bent, you could just call it "corruption." [TPM / Josh Marshall]

In theory, the Constitution offers protection against this sort of thing via the "Emoluments Clause," which prevents the president from accepting gifts from foreign governments. But it's not clear how exactly this would be enforced against President Trump, especially if the Republican Congress is keen to give him a pass. [Mother Jones / Russ Choma]

Trump, for his part, swears that he's separating himself from his business to focus on the presidency. He says his children are running the business in a blind trust. Except ... that his daughter Ivanka, who's supposed to be on the business side, attended Trump's first meeting with a foreign head of state (Shinzo Abe of Japan). [Think Progress / Judd Legum]

And ... Trump's business partner got appointed trade envoy from the Philippines. [Philippine Star / Iris Gonzales]

And ... Trump took time off from planning the presidential transition to meet with three Indian businessmen who are building a Trump apartment complex outside Mumbai. [NYT / Eric Lipton and Ellen Barry]

And ... Trump's DC hotel held a special event after the election to pitch foreign diplomats on booking their delegations there during visits to the capital — which many diplomats are all too happy to do as an easy favor to the incoming president. [Washington Post / Jonathan O'Connell and Mary Jordan]

Not every report about a Trump conflict of interest is true: A report that he'd discussed a Buenos Aires business venture during his call with the president of Argentina, for example, was proven to be exaggerated speculation. But it's not hard to understand why that confusion might have come up! [BuzzFeed News / Karla Zabludovsky and Hayes Brown]

--Dara Lind and Dylan Matthews

Yes but Trump means well and he and America are one and the same.

So when he becomes great the US of A will be great too as it works for him.

That's what patriotism and nationalism is about right? As Cameron said we are all in this together folks.

If it works for me and not for you then surely you are doing something wrong.

Comon learn from me. Watch how I do it? I tell you what. I'll establish a Trump University to show you how it's done?

:LOL: I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. Who needs fiction when one has reality TV :LOL:

That fine line between "conflict of interest" and "corruption"

It turns out — brace yourselves — that alleged billionaire Donald Trump has several business interests that could overlap with parts of the world he'll be crafting America's foreign policy toward as president. [Washington Post / Drew Harwell and Anu Narayanswamy]

You could refer to these as "conflicts of interest." Or if you're of a more cynical bent, you could just call it "corruption." [TPM / Josh Marshall]

In theory, the Constitution offers protection against this sort of thing via the "Emoluments Clause," which prevents the president from accepting gifts from foreign governments. But it's not clear how exactly this would be enforced against President Trump, especially if the Republican Congress is keen to give him a pass. [Mother Jones / Russ Choma]

Trump, for his part, swears that he's separating himself from his business to focus on the presidency. He says his children are running the business in a blind trust. Except ... that his daughter Ivanka, who's supposed to be on the business side, attended Trump's first meeting with a foreign head of state (Shinzo Abe of Japan). [Think Progress / Judd Legum]

And ... Trump's business partner got appointed trade envoy from the Philippines. [Philippine Star / Iris Gonzales]

And ... Trump took time off from planning the presidential transition to meet with three Indian businessmen who are building a Trump apartment complex outside Mumbai. [NYT / Eric Lipton and Ellen Barry]

And ... Trump's DC hotel held a special event after the election to pitch foreign diplomats on booking their delegations there during visits to the capital — which many diplomats are all too happy to do as an easy favor to the incoming president. [Washington Post / Jonathan O'Connell and Mary Jordan]

Not every report about a Trump conflict of interest is true: A report that he'd discussed a Buenos Aires business venture during his call with the president of Argentina, for example, was proven to be exaggerated speculation. But it's not hard to understand why that confusion might have come up! [BuzzFeed News / Karla Zabludovsky and Hayes Brown]

--Dara Lind and Dylan Matthews

Trump having money invested abroad will almost certainly skew his judgement. On the bright side having foreign investments might reign him in a bit in case they get attacked.
I can just see Alex Salmond with his bucket and spade on the first hole of his shiny developed golf course. Is it Carnoustie ? Perhaps a detachment of marines could camp nearby ?

lol