The end of the EU

Frogs tastes like chicken. Maybe you have already been eating frogs while thinking it was chicken.

Oh? So you know what they taste like, then? I've never, knowingly, eaten any, but with the labelling, these days, I would not be surprised. They are a delicacy, though, so I doubt that you will find them in beefburgers. Foxes, however, are a different proposition, especially if they are becoming a pest.

The old gauge of growth of GDP I think may be a thing of the past for some countries. Especially those that are too hidebound to change to compete with the brash new countries. They are making everything from cars to satelites, cheaper and at better value in a lot of cases.

It may come down to trying to stem a decline as much as possible. After years of 2nd rate politicians not doing much we all have to pay the price. They won't notice falling services and higher costs much in their leafy suburbs.

I see on the telly that the Spanish are offering residency to any foreigners willing to pay more than E160,000 for a home. Apparently middle class Russians are pouring in. As well as Germans.

I see on the telly that the Spanish are offering residency to any foreigners willing to pay more than E160,000 for a home. Apparently middle class Russians are pouring in. As well as Germans.

French becoming Russian citizen and Russians becoming Spanish :clap:

I heard rat face is considering relocating to London too. That is ofcourse if he can have is passport released by the French government... (y)

What a humiliating slap in the face that is for him and France? Perhaps there is sweet justice in the world after all.

Any bets as to whether he will shake Cameron's hand when/if they next meet? :LOL:

French becoming Russian citizen and Russians becoming Spanish :clap:

I heard rat face is considering relocating to London too. That is ofcourse if he can have is passport released by the French government... (y)

What a humiliating slap in the face that is for him and France? Perhaps there is sweet justice in the world after all.

Any bets as to whether he will shake Cameron's hand when/if they next meet? :LOL:

I missed that bit of news. Who is this charming rat-faced person?

Good to watch this one.

I believe the Romanians...

BBC News - Horsemeat scandal: Noble animal at centre of Romanian life

Now where else did the labelling and sorting of the meat take place?

Surely we don't need Columbo to sort out who did what when where?

Just take a DNA from each stage of the delivery process rather than at the end.

Work in progress. ;)

The bureau-clots can't do that, can they ? I mean something sensible, it would destroy their unblemished record of total incompetence.

Good to watch this one.

I believe the Romanians...

BBC News - Horsemeat scandal: Noble animal at centre of Romanian life

Now where else did the labelling and sorting of the meat take place?

Surely we don't need Columbo to sort out who did what when where?

Just take a DNA from each stage of the delivery process rather than at the end.

Work in progress. ;)

This was done for financial gain. Who made money out of this? That is not what worries me, though. My concern is what the hell are we eating? Horses? Dogs? Cats. Rats? Or any old stuff that died on a farm but was too valuable as meat to go for fertiliser?

One thing is for sure, it seems to be making the Brits fatter. :D

The bureau-clots can't do that, can they ? I mean something sensible, it would destroy their unblemished record of total incompetence.

Read in The Week that;

1. Swedish firm Findus employs a
2. French company - Comigel, to make its ready meals. It gets meat for its factory in
3. Luxembourg from another French company Spanghero. Spanghero in turn employs an agent in
4. Cyprus, who uses an agent in the
5. Netherlands to source meat from an abattoir in
6. Romania
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I enjoyed this article, an excerpt I copy below

The fact is that, from a historical point of view, Britain has always cherished its foreign diplomatic, political and economic ties with overseas governments. It stems from its political and economic engagements which originated during the colonial era both in Asia and Africa.

Strong trade ties with EU

However, the raw data from the main statistical office in London shows that the trade with the countries of the EU have been generating substantially larger amount of revenue for the British companies than the trade with overseas markets.

For example in November 2012, the UK exported goods to Germany amounting to £3,151 billion, £1,970 billion to France, and £1,207 billion to Belgium and Luxembourg, while trade with China in November saw exports rising to only £835 million in value terms, £420 million with Japan, £262 million with Canada, and only £232 million to South Korea.

Tory MP Douglas Carswell further argues that there is a massive “pull of capital and output to Asia, Africa and the Americas and that to compete the “UK needs to change its relationship with the EU as part of a wider, global realignment of trade relations.” This may be true from a longer perspective. However, Britain should also consider how volatile the political, social and economic environment has been in the countries of South-east Asia, or Africa, and how little political influence it has over those countries, compared with how strong the British voice has been inside the EU.

WBP Online - How much is anti-EU politics a gamble for Britain? - WBP

Here we go....robbing the citizens has started.

Might be you next Split....when they do the same in Spain :LOL:

BBC News - Shock in Cyprus as savers face bailout levy

It's already started but it seems to me to be Spaniards at the top are robbing Spaniards at the bottom. Read the Bárcenas story-something new every day! Taxpayers' story all over! I wonder how many ex-CEO's. like Polly Peck, are sitting on fat bank accounts in Cypress?

There is a reason for this 10% in Cypress, when it has not been put forward as a condition anywhere else.