Votes: 10 12.7%
  • leave them open

Votes: 29 36.7%
  • couldn't care less

Votes: 40 50.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I told him to get a job when he was £10k up. Shame he didn't get a job back then and close the account. He'd have been laughing.

If he blows 10K its no big deal, he covered his living expenses for a few months and bought himself an experience that simply no amount of money can buy.

Getting a job is an absolute mugs game, and spanish, despite his faults sees the bigger picture, and he knows it, jobs are an absolute last resort, he escaped from the cage, and he's tasted freedom, and he wont be keen to be put back in any time soon.

I suspect if he'd quit 10K up he'd have regretted the decision for the rest of his life

If he blows 10K its no big deal, he covered his living expenses for a few months and bought himself an experience that simply no amount of money can buy.

Getting a job is an absolute mugs game, and spanish, despite his faults sees the bigger picture, and he knows it, jobs are an absolute last resort, he escaped from the cage, and he's tasted freedom, and he wont be keen to be put back in any time soon.

I suspect if he'd quit 10K up he'd have regretted the decision for the rest of his life

He should have taken the 10K and gone to futex, they would have trained him for 3 months for 6K (atleast thats what various posters on the T2W Futex threads say is possible). His chances of getting into a prop firm via the 'free' grad/trainee route are pretty slim.

He doesnt want to pay 2k a month for the privilege of sitting inside their offices and being backed 10k he said.

The whole reason he wanted to be backed is for less stress, he's doing this by getting a job while spreadbetting at the same time. makes sense.

And? He's a gambler with an addictive personality. He was lucky to have made anything. To have been up £10k was pure luck and he should have known that.

And? He's a gambler with an addictive personality. He was lucky to have made anything. To have been up £10k was pure luck and he should have known that.

Yes there is definitely beginners luck in this business.

Bad trading practices like letting losses run and doubling up losers can sometimes work for months on end.

just reading the ET thread-this protracted crude move has really hurt some of those guys on there and now they're finding out that daft system doesn't work.

also they say vol has gone. it hasn't.

reading that thread will be a very good lesson for inexperienced traders.

Yes I see they are all licking their wounds this morning.

Bunch of amateurs the lot of them.

It was a long time coming but inevitable at the end. Funny how they all didn't post yesterday. Probably sat at their computers frozen with fear.

And to all those numpties that said S89 was a great trader - shame on you!

And WTF is this?

attachment.php

quote "30 yr bond is down 1 point in after-hours on no news "

er, ok. no news. well done. pick up a newspaper.

i don't want to sit here all smug but you can see these things coming a mile off.

classic quote from wee man "Oh come onnn spandex89, trying to claim credit for a level you drew on a chart is one thing but that chart you posted had almost no room left for any more trendlines! Even a broken clock is right twice a day."

whre does spanish think a company such as futex would make money from him?

does he think that they'll give him £80k and access to the market for free for him to lose? the guy is utterly unhinged.

2k a month for a desk is a bit steep mind you.....

2k a month for a desk is a bit steep mind you.....

That's pretty standard really for london offices. It's not quite that clear cut but bear in mind - I think they odn't hit you with the full amount when you start. If you have Bloomberg/reuters/CQG you're already looking at 4 figures/month if you wanted to do it yourself.

£400 = PC
£5 month = internet connection
0 = travel

laughing at expensive desk fees and all that commuting = priceless ;)

its about 600 for the base package, then of course everything interesting as an additional subscription.

I guess the IB desks consider it expensive because they are paying for alot of the stuff anyway? the IB guys I know who use TA have an add-on to their Bloomberg, like Updata or Aspen.

Status
Not open for further replies.